• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/7/2020 at 4:35 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

I recall they do that only once, when the final phase first begins. So it's manageable, particularly because, nobody ever thinks VI's final battle is hard I believe

Not really, except if you haven't decked out everyone in their Sunday best or left three characters underequipped/underleveled.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Vagrant-Story-Bring-Arts-Figures-20th-An

Western badass with one of the worst JRPG-rrific haircuts I've ever seen. 20 years haven't changed you, Ashley Riot.

What in the god damn is that hair

Xenogears released 22 years ago today. While the gameplay is dated due to being a PS1-era JRPG, the game still has, what i consider to be, the best story out of any video game. 

Here's some fanart celebrating the 22nd anniversary

16 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

This is true, but I still think losing combo potential is the WORST in that game. It totally throws my synch off when battling.

About the only thing I consider worse is confusion (yes, it's a thing in this game). It's a massive annoyance.

3 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

Looking forward to this once I get CSIII

The description of that enemy is even better when you have a dirty mind. It reads something like "It's proud of its deadly headbutt and trembles when excited."
I am a very mature person, I swear.

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

About the only thing I consider worse is confusion (yes, it's a thing in this game). It's a massive annoyance.

Isn't it charm, though? I dunno, I still think no combos is still 100% the worst thing to deal with.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Xenogears released 22 years ago today. While the gameplay is dated due to being a PS1-era JRPG, the game still has, what i consider to be, the best story out of any video game. 

Hey, just because it's dated doesn't mean it isn't 100% amazing in other aspects!

Congrats to Xenogears 22nd anniversary!

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Isn't it charm, though? I dunno, I still think no combos is still 100% the worst thing to deal with.

Probably. But whatever it is, it sucks. Good thing it's curable. (That being said, it's even worse in Xillia and Xillia 2, especially the latter.) Anyway, the main thing about seal that irritates me is that iirc, you can't buy the cure until after you start seeing enemies that can hit you with it (it happened to me - damn those Black Bats...), and the cure-all item is rare and not buyable at this point - better hope Estelle doesn't get her artes sealed!

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

This is neat. I always wanted to check that game out.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

CS3 pls

oqmeIgU.jpg
*insert obvious Expand Dong joke here*

What does the scouter - erm, bestiary or whatever it is in this game - say about its power level?

1 minute ago, Shadow Mir said:

What does the scouter - erm, bestiary or whatever it is in this game - say about its power level?

It's OVER TWO THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!" *shatters controller in rage*
(actually, its level is 37, but its HP number works better for this joke, so...)

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

It's OVER TWO THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!" *shatters controller in rage*
(actually, its level is 37, but its HP number works better for this joke, so...)

XD

Which, incidentally, is under what my rage level is courtesy of Dorothy. The first time is especially sucky, since you're trying to prevent an NPC who tends to make stupid moves from getting defeated (oh, and said NPC can and will attack her, which is really bad since Dorothy has Counter, to say nothing of even side attacks being likely to miss).

2 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Which, incidentally, is under what my rage level is courtesy of Dorothy. The first time is especially sucky, since you're trying to prevent an NPC who tends to make stupid moves from getting defeated (oh, and said NPC can and will attack her, which is really bad since Dorothy has Counter, to say nothing of even side attacks being likely to miss).

The name Dorothy made me think about FE6, but then you mentioned Counter, so... I'm not entirely sure what game you're talking about right now.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

The name Dorothy made me think about FE6, but then you mentioned Counter, so... I'm not entirely sure what game you're talking about right now.

Why, Stella Glow. It's about the only other game I know with a character named Dorothy.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Why, Stella Glow. It's about the only other game I know with a character named Dorothy.

Oh yeah, that Dorothy. *facepalm*
How tf did I not remember?!? Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Anyway, for that particular mission (I assume it's the one where Sakuya and Nonoka "help" you if Dorothy's there as an enemy), Popo's Rusty Key and Song of Wind (especially Song of Wind) are your very best friends.

Edited by DragonFlames

28 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

This is neat. I always wanted to check that game out.

Highly recommend. Xenogears is a game every Xenoblade fan should play imo. Yeah, the gameplay's kinda dated but for reference, i'd say it aged better than Final Fantasy 7.

20 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh yeah, that Dorothy. *facepalm*
How tf did I not remember?!? Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Anyway, for that particular mission (I assume it's the one where Sakuya and Nonoka "help" you if Dorothy's there as an enemy), Popo's Rusty Key and Song of Wind (especially Song of Wind) are your very best friends.

Yeah. I had to restart that one like 1001 times because someone kept getting defeated. Like I said, Sakuya honestly tends to make stupid moves. Like not attacking the Fire Ball spamming Red Wolves (which I consider the most annoying enemies on that map aside from Dorothy herself) and going after the Assault Orcs instead (unless I diverted the latter to my units instead). Not that the next mission is much better, since most of the enemies are Dekurins, and the Flare Elements keep spamming Fire Ball and getting lucky with burns, which I cannot afford to have happen.