Rate the unit, Day 10: Rebecca

Raven

My apologies for my lack of posting. Kids with holidays, and possiblly a seperation from my wife. Been fun.

Rave, thank you for taking over for me. do guy tonight, and ill take back over tomortow.

Rebecca, 2.5\ 10...too much work to catch up to the point of dedicated usefulness.

Some people are really harsh with their reasoning and scoring. Her growths, for one, are nicely above average, and for a female unit, 40% str growth is amazing. 50% skill and luck growths, and 60% speed growths are not average. Granted defense is 15%, 30% res is nothing to sneer at either.

Also I'm not biting on this "no enemy phase" thing. Being a 2-range unit, you've got to use your initiative and find a way around it. To say Rebecca gets "no enemy phase" seems pretty ignorant to me. Of course she gets less being locked to 2-range, but certainly not "none".

Edit: Sorry Elie, I can't do it tonight - I'm off to bed literally right now and I'm probably not going to be coming back online for another 11-12 hours or so. Although someone else can do it, if they so wish.

Edited by Razer

Rebecca is simply awful. Her combat is literally the worst in your whole group out of the people who can actually attack. 6 AS is what Dorcas has at base level, the only difference being that Dorcas has 15 atk at base and can actually counter melee(and doesn't suck at it). Rebecca, however, is running around with 10 base atk, the same as Eliwood, and has a worse growth than him(40 vs 45). Granted, her speed growth is pretty good at 60%, but in earlygame, it hurts. And her durability is even more horrid: 17HP/3def is barely any better than base SERRA, and her 60HP/15def growths basically ensure that her durability will be fit for the shitter. She has earlygame chip FWIW, but she's 4HKOing and she doesn't escape this hole unless you painstakingly feed her kills that other people deserve(READ: Eliwood, Hector, Lowen, Oswin)

Anyway, most people would drop Rebecca the first chance one gets, and I have to agree. While Rebecca CAN be good with training, the question is 'how much are you willing to give her?' And the answer is 'Absolutely fucking nothing.' Though I guess her combat after being trained is better than dudes like Bartre(reaches 18 AS at 20/1 and has 24 atk w/ killer or 28 w/ silver. Not bad in all honesty.) Except, oh wait, NO ENEMY PHASE!

She probably would have been better if she had 7str/11AS at base instead of her current values, but until that happens, she gets a:

Edited by darkandroid125

Some people are really harsh with their reasoning and scoring. Her growths, for one, are nicely above average, and for a female unit, 40% str growth is amazing. 50% skill and luck growths, and 60% speed growths are not average. Granted defense is 15%, 30% res is nothing to sneer at either.

Also I'm not biting on this "no enemy phase" thing. Being a 2-range unit, you've got to use your initiative and find a way around it. To say Rebecca gets "no enemy phase" seems pretty ignorant to me. Of course she gets less being locked to 2-range, but certainly not "none".

Edit: Sorry Elie, I can't do it tonight - I'm off to bed literally right now and I'm probably not going to be coming back online for another 11-12 hours or so. Although someone else can do it, if they so wish.

40% strength growth isn't all that impressive, just average. lol skill and luck. 60% speed is nice I guess, but 15% defense sucks. Granted she shouldn't be getting hit too much, but a tanky archer is better than a frail one; its part of what makes FE10 Shinon actually good.

2/10. Her growths are good, but too much babying required and the results are less than stellar. Shes decent for earlygame chipping. Almost no enemy phase makes her too bad. Shed actually be pretty decent If she had 1 range because then she'd actually be able to use her growths.

I tried using Rebecca on HNM and she still smelled bad and made my team suffer for it. Shes bad. No getting around it. Probably the only unit i have ever used in that game i could not make work. Her bases are bad and if the RNG gremlins have it in for her, forget it. Her speed is good though.

Ugh....no Rebecca love from me.

2/10.

Regardless of gender, 40% Str, especially with her low base, is pretty average. 50% Skl is cool and all but doesn't really matter because only Dart may have any consistent accuracy issues out of, like, the entire cast. 60% Spd is pretty cool, but, again, doubling isn't very tough for most units because enemies are so slow. Even Marcus with his shitty Spd growth can double enemies pretty consistently for most of the game with the right weapons.

It's not "no enemy phase" as much as she doesn't get much of a shot at it. There are very few, if any, places in the game where it would be better to throw a trained Rebecca into enemies than someone with 1-2 range.

Even aside from being an Archer her bases really are bad and her average/maybe-slightly-better-than-average growths aren't nearly enough to save her when she doesn't have anything like 1-2 range, 8 move, utility value, or even a crit boost. She has an awful start and, although she turns out good in comparison to how she starts, she's still pretty inferior to most other units you'll have. Lastly, for what it's worth, Bows are the most expensive physical weapons.

Dude, he wasn't being serious -_-.

Are you sure? It's possible, but it didn't strike me as sarcasm or tongue-in-cheek.

I read it as "She's not worth it in HHM", whereas I say "No, I've done HHM and I found her to be fine."

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania