Rate the unit, Day 13: Priscilla

Elieson

Exacttly why nobody respects it.

That wasn't nice!angry.gif

Everybody has their own opinions. He hates Priscilla and Likes Serra. I hate Luke while i Like Rody! (I am using Luke this playthrough since it is maniac mode thoughdry.gif)

Although you should of considered her actual potential than your opinion!

I will admit though, Priscilla is quite a respectable healer if you do decide to choose an unpromoted heal. Her durability is like glass but she has great capabilities. Her Movement can allow for a great liability. If somebody is about die in a not-so-far range, Priscilla will do what Serra can't. She has respectable growths: Her Magic growth isn't the best but on average, she is around 2-3 stats close to capping the magic stat meaning she will cap it if you are slightly lucky. Her Skill and Speed growth is great and as usual, Resistance is up to par. HP and Defense isn't so great though (Then again, so is serra's). Her bases are a godsend for a healer. 6 Magic as a basesmile.gif. Even if serra got to Lv. 3, and got 2 Levels of Magic, She would only have 4 Magic. Quite a good healer. In my playthroughs though, i just use healers as temporary healers until Lucius and Nino (Or other mage) promote and get stave usage. Since Lucius get an Automatic C, He makes for a great healer when promoted. Also, the other problem i have with her (...and all healers too) is the fact that she levels up too slowly. You might want to promote her a bit earlier (2-3 levels from Lv. 20) if you are getting RNG screwed or just need those extra stats and you are near endgame. Overall, a good healer but It is hard for me to use healers until the end so she isn't perfect to me.

I will give her a 7.5/10!

Edited by Aelphaeis Mangarae

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody has their own opinions.

Everybody is free to have their own opinions. Do note, however, that everybody is also free to slam other people's stupid opinions. And quite frankly, when someone bases his opinion on such shaky premises and absolutely refuses to provide an accurate representation of the units, you shouldn't expect anybody to respect his opinion.

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

Everybody has their own opinions.

When looking at a character there are objective qualities that are incredibly obvious. If you put less stock in something than some one else for subjective reasons, awesome. If you dismiss every objective quality, and penalize a unit for having something useful that others don't, to form your opinion then you're opinion is just nonsensical. A 1/10 for Priscilla is just dismissing what she brings to the team for no reason. Well, no other reason than "she's an ugly stupidhead" =X

Edited by Aethereal

8/10. Priscilla's a great character and is almost guaranteed to be a part of whatever team I decide to use. One thing I would like to point out, however, is that Priscilla's supports are not very good at all despite what some people have said. Her fastest support is with Raven, who is an unmounted ice affinity character. Wind/Ice gives terrible bonuses, and it doesn't help that her other partners are generally very slow to build up. What's worse is Priscilla doesn't even benefit from her own affinity until after she promotes. :\

Granted, bad supports aren't a huge point against her. I just wanted to clear up a minor misconception.

6.5/10

Usually by the time I get her Serra is several levels higher and closer to promotion, which is what I want my healers to be at ASAP. Priscilla has her beat in Move and Supports, but usually it doesn't really matter because either she has a hard time sticking with them or I don't usually include her partners in my team. She also seems to just have mediocre stats compared to Serra. Plus Serra has an easier time getting her Staff rank up what with the extra play time.

Prissy does not have mediocre stats compared to Serra. At 20/1, Serra only has about +3 hp and +2 spd over Prissy. While Prissy has less than a point above Serra in Lck, Def, and res. while a +2 point over in skl and magic. Unless you meant how much one could abuse Serra in lyn mode to make Prissy appear to have mediocre stats. Anyway, there is not much difference stat wise on average.

Anyway, healers are important on a team, yet there is a lack of really useful staves until later. At least, there is not much of a need for them until much later in the game. Therefore, Prissy's presence is only of great use for only a few turns here or there. After that, she'll be using a staff ever turn she can gaining experience, even if you did not need to use the staff in the first place. She can do a ton of things, but she will not be exception unit late game.

8/10

But that's not particularly fair. I mean, I don't like Guy, but I gave him a 6. You should base the score off of their character, and not penalize them for having higher movement, as opposed to your personal preference. It's totally fine to have your own preferences, but c'mon.

But it's my opinion, so I rated her based on my own personal opinion, I'm allowed to have one just like everyone else so it should be counted the same.

Priscilla gets a 10/10.

She's cute, she's a mounted healer (which I'm biased towards), and that wingfeatherthing is just uguuuuuuuu.

I could dock a point for her shoulders being weak, but I won't because I'm feeling generous today.

If you count Crash's vote, you have to count this one. If Crash's vote is tossed for being devoid of any sort of reason, this one will be too. I accept that, and this only exists to counteract him.

I think neither one should since neither one is relevant in the slightest (yours is "i hate her because im biased 1/10 fuk logic" and mine is "i love her because im biased 10/10 fuk logic") but it's not my call to make.

Priscilla is a reliable unit, particularly because she's mounted and heals things, but nothing spectacular. Only 45% HP and 15% Def growths means she's as defensive and durable as a soaked paper bag.

Other growths include 40% Mag, 50% Skl, 40% Spd, 65% Lck, 50% Res. Her Mag rises as fast as Rebecca's Str. Skl is good. Her Spd rises as fast as Bartre's. Luck is good, but not the most useful of stats, either. 50% Res is good.

One negative is that she takes a year to level up, and won't be hitting Lv20 until mid/late chapter 20s.

For me she's the best unit to receive the Afa's Drops. By the time you receive them, she's around Lv15 if you haven't been abusing staves. You can then promote her and give the Drops.

Entering her into combat is pretty risky since she's got practically zero durability. She completely relies on her AVO to survive, more than any other unit. However she does her job well, and is reliable to hit Res when she promotes, and avoids well when placed on a fort or woods.

Raven's rating: 87%

But the reasoning isn't really important, why should we just throw out people's opinions because we don't like their reasoning?

No, but why shouldn't we throw them out when they don't have any reason besides "i dont care if shes useful i dont like her 0/10"?

That's apparently the difference between you and me: I can grade units I don't personally like on an objective scale. You've proven repeatedly that you're incapable or unwilling to.

EDIT: Quick question before I go for a run: is this thread "how much do you like x unit" or "how good/useful is x unit"? I suspect I know the answer, but I want to know what you know.

Edited by Integrity

But your opinion isn't what is being asked for! We're being asked to rate them based on how useful she is, not how much we like her!

EDIT: I really should read other people's posts. <_<

Edited by Darros

Because that simply doesn't matter, ALL opinions should be counted!

Your opinion's based on the fact that you don't like the unit. Nothing more or less. I like Guy, but the fact that he simply isn't that great made me give him a rather low score. You need to throw your personal bias out the window and go on your own unbiased thoughts that Priscilla truly deserves zero out of ten, not just because she "repulses" you.

You're trying to apply your own personal morality to this when - I suspect - people are looking for an actual judgment on the unit. Florina proves my point here - notice how she puts afterwards "I like Erk so I'd give him an 8 but objectively he's a 6"? That's what you should be doing.

You're trying to apply your own personal morality to this when - I suspect - people are looking for an actual judgment on the unit. Florina proves my point here - notice how she puts afterwards "I like Erk so I'd give him an 8 but objectively he's a 6"? That's what you should be doing.

This, basically. I don't like Priscilla at all, but I'm not going to sit here and downgrade her because of it; I can't deny a mounted healer (even with less availability than Serra) isn't extremely useful. For Erk, I'd love to give him 7/10 or 8/10 just because ErkxSerra is amazingly entertaining, but I don't think his performance as a unit justifies a score that high.

"Hey guys! I want you to respect and count my opinion even though I don't respect my own opinion enough to defend it with actual logic! Please count my opinion!"

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

When looking at a character there are objective qualities that are incredibly obvious. If you put less stock in something than some one else for subjective reasons, awesome. If you dismiss every objective quality, and penalize a unit for having something useful that others don't, to form your opinion then you're opinion is just nonsensical. A 1/10 for Priscilla is just dismissing what she brings to the team for no reason.

Look, opinions are subjective. How much everything is worth is subjective. A horse, good stats, good availability, and being useful in almost every chapter in the game are not subjective things. They are OBJECTIVE facts. If people just made the ratings because "I like X", then we'd get crappy ratings that don't reflect the units at all, except how popular they are.