Rate the unit, Day 13: Priscilla

Elieson

Yeah, because that's all he says: game mode and joining time, it doesn't support your ranking idea either.

It sure as fuck supports my "ranking idea" more than it supports your standpoint, sir. The information is relevant to me, it is not relevant to you. Thus, he wouldn't have provided the information were it irrelevant. Thus, the information provided supports my "ranking idea".

Unless you have a counter to this?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Provide a logical explanation as to why your 1/10 should be accepted, because Priscilla "repulsing" you is not a good enough reason.

She heals things and has a horse. Even if healing was all she did (besides recruiting and supporting, etc.), that's worth roughly 50% in itself. Do you see where myself and other people have been going in terms of voting here? You should follow the same path too, because that's the path of votes that gets accepted. Again, the unit "repulsing" you doesn't count. There's no way around it.

Because you shouldn't throw out people's ratings, no matter how screwed their reasoning, you're supposed to be taking note of people's thoughts and stuff, it's not a tier list-y debate thing (or at least, it shouldn't be).

It sure as fuck supports my "ranking idea" more than it supports your standpoint, sir. The information is relevant to me, it is not relevant to you. Thus, he wouldn't have provided the information were it irrelevant. Thus, the information provided supports my "ranking idea".

Unless you have a counter to this?

He didn't SAY anything about it, so you can't draw conclusions.

Crash, watching you try to argue this is like watching a fish out of water try to breath air.

Just quit while you're behind, alright? You're not getting anywhere, and you're not getting anything accomplished. In fact, all you're doing is annoying a bunch of people with your less than perfect reasoning :/

Take a step back, try to realize what they're saying, and then come back, because it seems like you're simply getting upset at them for not automatically accepting your point.

And as for what Elieson said, it's a two way street. You can't draw any conclusions either. And no one's drawing conclusions. They're hypothesizing what this topic is about based on what was said. They're just drawing the most likely outcome.

Edited by seph1212

Right, I'll give some unit-based stuff because apparently my reasoning isn't good enough.

Priscilla comes a while after Serra, who likely has a level lead on her that likely can't be made up and Serra has better growths almost all the way. She might have more Movement but that's not important as she's too frail to use it at all. There's really no point to her when you've got Serra there to use.

1/10

Now it HAS to count!

I just finished telling him, in chat, that 1/10 is still undeserved because she has advantages over Serra. :facepalm:

I JUST WANT IT ON THE RECORD that I tried to pull this out of this thread. I did.

Priscilla comes a while after Serra, who likely has a level lead on her that likely can't be made up and Serra has better growths almost all the way. She might have more Movement but that's not important as she's too frail to use it at all. There's really no point to her when you've got Serra there to use.

1/10

:/

Okaysurebuddy.

Also let the record show that Crash's definition of "better growths almost all the way" is having 3 growths better out of 7.

Edited by seph1212

Mind to count this in? This is just my insight over Prissy, since I love using horse units in total and not to mention; I actually found using her in my PT's very fun!

Ahh... I always loved the company of Valkyries or Mage Knights in most of my playthroughs as I enjoy high movement gameplay myself! (Mainly massive Horse/Wyvern/Pegasi spamming!)

Let's see... The only mounted healer who gets a sheer lead against Serra. Not to mention Anima tomes are pretty much more hard hitters than Light tomes. Her affinity which is Wind is good on her; and so does her support pool is amazing! She's frail hence she wants either Raven (Ice = +DEF and +Avoid!), Heath (Thunder = +DEF, +Avoid and +CRIT!), Erk (Thunder = +DEF, +Avoid and + CRIT!) or Lucius (+ATK, + DEF and +CRIT!) or if you like boosting her offenses, shack in a Guy support (Fire = +ATK and +CRIT!) or other CRIT-boosters such as Erk, Heath or Lucius.

Crazy bit? She can form a support triangle with Lucius and Raven!

Now, she starts with nice bases accompanied with good growths and despite of leveling at a slower pace; she can join up in Rescue chains thanks to a horse. Then when promotion comes around; she gets an additional +1 MOV which is lovely for rescuing tasks!

The only few problems I can see in Priscilla is that she levels at a fairly slow pace (unless you staff spam or whatsoever), she has a papery durability to start off with and she faces competition in a promotion item (Read: Canas and Lucius).

So... My verdict?

9/10, She loses a point for the leveling pace, durability and Guilding Ring competition; I usually find her utility great enough and she'll be pretty much laughing at hit rates once she hits promotion; it's even ridiculous especially with those even-though-slow up to moderate paced Thunder supports or that Fast Raven support! (Read: I tend to give her A Heath + B Erk or A Heath + B Raven, If I feel lazy, then A Raven + B Erk)

Oh, and I forgot, I considered nulling off some of the bad points since she recruits Raven!

Edited by Frosty the Blizzardkitty

Mind to count this in? This is just my insight over Prissy, since I love using horse units in total and not to mention; I actually found using her in my PT's very fun!

Ahh... I always loved the company of Valkyries or Mage Knights in most of my playthroughs as I enjoy high movement gameplay myself! (Mainly massive Horse/Wyvern/Pegasi spamming!)

Let's see... The only mounted healer who gets a sheer lead against Serra. Not to mention Anima tomes are pretty much more hard hitters than Light tomes. Her affinity which is Wind is good on her; and so does her support pool is amazing! She's frail hence she wants either Raven (Ice = +DEF and +Avoid!), Heath (Thunder = +DEF, +Avoid and +CRIT!), Erk (Thunder = +DEF, +Avoid and + CRIT!) or Lucius (+ATK, + DEF and +CRIT!) or if you like boosting her offenses, shack in a Guy support (Fire = +ATK and +CRIT!) or other CRIT-boosters such as Erk, Heath or Lucius.

Crazy bit? She can form a support triangle with Lucius and Raven!

Now, she starts with nice bases accompanied with good growths and despite of leveling at a slower pace; she can join up in Rescue chains thanks to a horse. Then when promotion comes around; she gets an additional +1 MOV which is lovely for rescuing tasks!

The only few problems I can see in Priscilla is that she levels at a fairly slow pace (unless you staff spam or whatsoever), she has a papery durability to start off with and she faces competition in a promotion item (Read: Canas and Lucius).

So... My verdict?

9/10, She loses a point for the leveling pace, durability and Guilding Ring competition; I usually find her utility great enough and she'll be pretty much laughing at hit rates once she hits promotion; it's even ridiculous especially with those even-though-slow up to moderate paced Thunder supports or that Fast Raven support! (Read: I tend to give her A Heath + B Erk or A Heath + B Raven, If I feel lazy, then A Raven + B Erk)

Oh, and I forgot, I considered nulling off some of the bad points since she recruits Raven!

There's the fact that most of her supports (all but Erk and Raven, to be precise) are pretty slow... And Guy and Heath aren't exactly characters I'd consider as support prospects for her at all.

I tend to play casual or slow; then go fast-paced and efficient.

So I tend to play in both ways; and then again to each on their own style and always I find the pleasure of raising mounted units fun for my taste.

And I like filling up that Support library for my own pleasure too.

Edited by Frosty the Blizzardkitty

I spammed supports in EHM and still finished it with no casualties.

Don't think I can (or should) pull off that same stunt in HHM, though.

What's the next unit to rate? Is it Lyn?

Also, we forgot Merlinus.

Right, I'll give some unit-based stuff because apparently my reasoning isn't good enough.

1/10

Now it HAS to count!

Because Priscilla "repulses" you is definitely, not "apparently", good enough. Understand that.

My own ratings have not involved comparing individual units, but it seems you're hellbent on comparing her to Serra, so here you are. If you stop using Serra then Priscilla can make up the levels, even in an efficient run, in around three chapters. Too frail to use movement? 7 movement over 5 movement sure as anything is not a negative just because "she's too frail to use it", which in itself is a false statement. The extra 2 movement can mean the difference between healing and not healing a unit which is positioned 6 spaces away. Granted if the positioning means putting her in harm's way then yeah, don't be an idiot and put her in harm's way. But the fact is, the extra 2 movement is there if needed, and in many cases, it is. It also means she can keep up with cavalry units. You know, those top-tier fighters Sain, Kent and Marcus, and to a lesser extent Lowen and Isadora. Also, when Priscilla promotes, she has access to Anima tomes, which in itself is a huge advantage over Serra's Light. Serra is also useless in terms of ferrying units around the place, another plus to Priscilla. And a flip of the coin states that there's really no point in using Serra when you've got Priscilla to use.

Even with Crash's score (and thus, Integrity's 10) and the latest 9/10, Priscilla's score stands at a respectable 8.20.

Edited by Razer

Because Priscilla "repulses" you is definitely, not "apparently", good enough. Understand that.

My own ratings have not involved comparing individual units, but it seems you're hellbent on comparing her to Serra, so here you are. If you stop using Serra then Priscilla can make up the levels, even in an efficient run, in around three chapters. Too frail to use movement? 7 movement over 5 movement sure as anything is not a negative just because "she's too frail to use it", which in itself is a false statement. The extra 2 movement can mean the difference between healing and not healing a unit which is positioned 6 spaces away. Granted if the positioning means putting her in harm's way then yeah, don't be an idiot and put her in harm's way. But the fact is, the extra 2 movement is there if needed, and in many cases, it is. It also means she can keep up with cavalry units. You know, those top-tier fighters Sain, Kent and Marcus, and to a lesser extent Lowen and Isadora. Also, when Priscilla promotes, she has access to Anima tomes, which in itself is a huge advantage over Serra's Light. Serra is also useless in terms of ferrying units around the place, another plus to Priscilla. And a flip of the coin states that there's really no point in using Serra when you've got Priscilla to use.

Even with Crash's score (and thus, Integrity's 10) and the latest 9/10, Priscilla's score stands at a respectable 8.20.

I love you so much. Just please know that.

She appears pretty early, and has a pony, which makes her pretty flexible. Her stats aren't bad either. She may be frail, but so is every other magic user... same with the low rate of leveling. Whilst she's not winning any awards for combat, her speed's enough to dodge and not get doubled. Plus, after promotion, she can provide a decent chip whilst defending herself or not healing (but why wouldn't she be healing?).

8/10

She might have more Movement but that's not important as she's too frail to use it at all. There's really no point to her when you've got Serra there to use.

Razer pretty much said enough, but I'd like to comment on this. Having more move=Being able to retreat faster when faced with danger. Serra is inherently harder to protect because of lower move. Dude, people want to have an actually informative and accurate ranking, your vote doesn't change much, but it's just making this thread worse than it could be. Stop.

Even when providing logic (using the word very lightly), it seems Crash still cannot be assed to accurately represent the units.

I mean for Chrissake, look at how easily his arguments were debunked.

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

Crash, once upon time I tried to help you. Too bad you bit me. And I will tell you to cease this behavior right now, or else. No, your vote won't be counted. Why? Because while everyone else is trying to contribute reasonable scores to create an overall value for every unit in this game, your retarded scoring is skewing that value for the worst of reasons. Think about it this way: you're the kid who everyone at first invites over to play, but then you start doing stupid shit that no one likes (and you know it), continue to do it, and when everyone tells you you can't join them again you try to force your way back in. We're a small enough community that every score, especially a 1/10 amidst mostly 8-9's, will have an impact on the overall average and we don't want such inaccuracies to be allowed to happen. Plus:

Priscilla comes a while after Serra,

Like 3 maps? Out of 20+?

who likely has a level lead on her

Yes, but this really doesn't matter until it comes time for promotion or if Serra's level is so high that she'll have a significant durability lead (she won't).

that likely can't be made up

Horse + 2 move.

and Serra has better growths almost all the way.

Serra does not have any significant growth advantages when bases are taken into account.

She might have more Movement but that's not important as she's too frail to use it at all.

More movement is always an advantage, especially when the best fighters are all mounted. At higher levels of play, that movement definitely is important.

There's really no point to her when you've got Serra there to use.

There's really no point to her (Serra) when you've got Priscilla there to use.

Even if all your point were accurate that still would not be worth 1/10.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Personally I don't mind including his vote because it doesn't really put any dent into the overall score, but I also would be pretty pissed if someone came along and gave Raven 1/10 for stupid reasons like Crash did here with Priscilla.

I'm up for not counting Crash's vote, either. Integ, do you want to include your true score for Priscilla, or are you keeping it 10 to counter Crash's 1 which isn't even going to be counted, making your score void as well?

inb4 1/10 because Raven is emo.

And just don't include votes that have no reasoning/are debated. Integ just voted 10 to counter crash's one, so don't include either of them. No point dragging out this monstrosity further.

I'm up for not counting Crash's vote, either. Integ, do you want to include your true score for Priscilla, or are you keeping it 10 to counter Crash's 1 which isn't even going to be counted, making your score void as well?

I haven't voted in any of these threads before this one specifically because I don't have any actually thought-out opinions on FE7 because I'm mostly indifferent to the game as a whole. I just read them and, in this case alone, make a bullshit vote to mitigate a bullshit vote. If Crash's vote is tossed, I'd like mine to be too.