Rate the Unit, Day 21: Canas

Integrity

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canas is really similar to Erk. Their skill and hp with promotion, bases, and growths are nearly identical. Canas is only +1 or +2 points ever above Erk in resistance and defence. The constitution and +3 speed at promotion grants Canas about the same attack speed with flux as Erk does with Thunder and below with early promotion. The difference is less than 1 point. Their damage output are very similar too given no speed drop. Erk will lose attack speed to out perform Canas's damage output after promotion.

Only stark differences is Erk can start doubling the moment you get him while Canas cannot double until after promotion. Anima tombs are cheaper, but Canas does not suffer from disadvantage against the plentiful dark and anima magic users in the game. Also, Canas gets to use Nosferatu and Luna.

In the matters of mundane enemy killing, I would prefer to have canas after promotion. Before that, I would like erk for that ability to double before promotion.

I believe there are 2 luna tombs you can get in the game, so you do not have to reserve it specfically for Anthos. There are times to use it for enemy killing and that is more than others can do. This is about how well they can do on their own. And while others can do boss killing, so can Canas and shouldn't be shafted because of it.

I give him a 5/10

6.5 is too high

Edited by -Valkyrie-

Hmmmm. . .

He's kinda cute, but married. I prefer to consolidate my weapon types, but Luna is awesome, especially against a certain unit type that's mobile and wields Anima magic. The question is whether or not I have a spare Ring.

5.5/10

His posts are slightly better than Wil!

Haven't seen you around much, G_H. Nice to see you here (briefly) for Unit of the Day threads.

Also, dondon can't rate worth a shit, as proven by his vast underestimation of my posts. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

Haven't seen you around much, G_H. Nice to see you here (briefly) for Unit of the Day threads.

Also, dondon can't rate worth a shit, as proven by his vast underestimation of my posts. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

On the contrary, you can't rate worth dick.

4/10 shitty shaman.

I'd certainly shoot myself in the foot using him rather than to use tomes names lolreola or loluce which I both hate.

He's pretty durable as a Mage which is shockingly rare to find; unless your name is Pent. Lunabombing those high-RES freaks is always a priority and so does one-shotting the dragon if you like being a masochist.

Oh, and... NOSFERATANKING

8.5/10

Edited by Frosty the Blizzardkitty

I'd certainly shoot myself in the foot using him rather than get lolreola or loluce.

He's pretty durable as a Mage which is shockingly rare to find; unless your name is Pent. Lunabombing those high-RES freaks is always a priority and so does one-shotting the dragon if you like being a masochist.

Oh, and... NOSFERATANKING

8.5/10

Well, by using Gespenst you're shooting yourself in the foot, so ha. And as for Nosferatanking, I'd go... oh, 20 years after this game's events, because it took them that long to learn how to Nosferatank. . . Because I don't see the use of Nosferataking if you get doubled.

Edited by Metal King Slime

On the contrary, you can't rate worth dick.

4/10 shitty shaman.

/says I can't rate worth dick

/continues to give same or similar ratings as me 90% of the time

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Yes, but it's not right most of the day (the sole exception being, of course, Wil, but we all knew that was inevitable).

Kinda bland, but not worthless. Why do IS love making sure that dark magic is just too heavy to be used before promotion without AS loss?

5.5/10. And that's being generous.

Why do IS love making sure that dark magic is just too heavy to be used before promotion without AS loss?

That question reminds me: Why does IS love making the ultimate dark tomes suck?

That question reminds me: Why does IS love making the ultimate dark tomes suck?

With FE7 and FE8, I think IS was like "Well, we already have final or almost final bosses with mediocre dark tomes, and we want those tomes to somehow feel special, so let's make the player ultimate dark tomes really, REALLY suck!"

I said I'd do this. You've given me the perfect opportunity to do so!

*clipsey STABS Kngt_Of_Titania's hands with the stilettos she's wearing*

I think dondon was being nice to you. Otherwise, you'd be rated the exact same as Wil.

I think dondon was being nice to you. Otherwise, you'd be rated the exact same as Wil.

I don't think "dondon" and "being nice" even belong in the same post, especially with my name in it.

P.S. That hurt.

Heels are such wonderful weapons. And people say they're ineffective for close combat.

@Dark final tomes sucking:

At least Apocalypse doesn't suck. Gespenst and Glephinir can go can it, but Apocalypse's ability to make the wielder potentially able to oneshot mamkutes and make Niime's staff range into ridiculous mode is pretty great.

Maybe they overnerfed Apocalypse or something.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I don't think dondon and nice even belong in the same post, especially with my name in it.

P.S. That hurt.

A promise is a promise. dondon can be nice, but it depends on who it is, and why they're doing what they're doing. I think he was being as nice to you as he could muster himself to be.

Now, back to wishing that Canas came in with an affinity that lends itself to better critical rates.

I don't think "dondon" and "being nice" even belong in the same post, especially with my name in it.

P.S. That hurt.

TBH, I have to think dondon was going easy on you, since who knows what'd happen if that wasn't the case?

I do not see why you need any other tomes other than luna, flux and nosferatu anyway. Those are the best and most available tomes for the whole game anyway.

A promise is a promise.

Wait, what was this promise and when did it happen?

I think he was being as nice to you as he could muster himself to be.

You make it sound like I'm hard to be around. :lol:

I try to be nice if people return in kind (although I admittedly get vitriolic in debates without intending to).