Rate the Unit, Day 22: Dart

Elieson

Dart...leader of Fargus' Suicide Squad...whoop de dee.

Dat base str, and axes are good. His skill fails though...and sadly the only playable pirate in the game. Still, water traverse is nice...for all 3 chapters you want it. I employed a strat to get the master seal with no fliers in a recent draft, while avoiding Wallace in (corrext me if I am wrong) Ch24B by crossing the river and visiting just in time for Marcus to eliminate the young Mr. Reed.

Anyhow, that aside. A decent foot axe who really doesnt excel at anything enough to stand out, even considering his unique class in this game.

Dart, struggles to earn a 3 from me.

Calculating Sub Monocle now.

Wil: 1.86

Bartre: 2.8

Rebecca: 3.13

Dorcas: 4.1

Eliwood: 5.34

Guy: 5.63

Erk: 6.05

Lyn: 6.12

Matthew: 6.3

Serra: 6.3

Oswin: 6.7

Lowen: 6.75

Lucius: 7.02

Kent: 8.17

Hector: 8.3

Priscilla: 8.3

Florina: 8.43

Raven: 8.47

Sain: 8.83

Marcus: 9.29

Edited by Elieson

Dart has a crappy start and doesn't get out of the rut until he promotes, which is like never happening.

Doesn't have the con to wield axes. This hurts his crappy base speed even further. Sure, his strength/speed growths are ridiculous, but he needs somewhere to build that on.

2/10

Dart has a crappy start and doesn't get out of the rut until he promotes, which is like never happening.

Doesn't have the con to wield axes. This hurts his crappy base speed even further. Sure, his strength/speed growths are ridiculous, but he needs somewhere to build that on.

2/10

Shitty bases, costly-as fuck promo item if we're talking ranked, hitrates are bad even considering how much the enemies don't have avo. Axes are good, and so's his strength, but like Horace said, doesn't have the con for it. 3/10.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

3.5/10

He actually does pretty decent after a while with high STR/SPD growths, but that CON...holy crap; it would be acceptable if he wielded anything ELSE but axes. He has the Bartre "Imma somehow doubled by HHM enemies" syndrome with Steel Axes (which he comes with in his first chapter, to boot) when he first starts. His accuracy isn't all that hot, either, at least to start off with. Tbh, I might actually grin and bear using iron axes with him for a while in S-rank runs if his promotion item didn't cost 50k; IS be trollin' Dart.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

3/10. Those crappy bases hurt, and his con (or lack thereof) doesn't really help. And of course, neither does his poor skill. Also, I prefer Hawkeye.

Edited by Metal King Slime

If you really want to go through the trouble of training him, he'll turn out good, but not always worth it. Amazing growths just hard to get with his not-great bases, however, partially made up for with his high-starting HP compared to other units, which allows damage to be taken even through his minimal defense. If the hand-axe didn't have such horrible accuracy, I would actually find him more useful, putting him behind other units until he gets out of the dangerously-low stats area.

6.5/10 assuming that I feel like training him.

EDIT: Even though he doesn't have a mount, he still has some water access, much more than other units, making him useful if you haven't trained a flier very well. Raised .5 to it.

Edited by Aran613

Bad starting stats and equipment (a steel axe, with that con?) and by the time you find his promo item you've also found Hawkeye, who I like more. Can grow well enough if you try but I mostly don't bother with units who need training that don't join early. Would have preferred it if Fargus joined. 2.75/10

i needed to do something to stimulate my mind so I averaged out Canas

Wil: 1.86

Bartre: 2.8

Rebecca: 3.13

Dorcas: 4.1

Canas 5.26

Eliwood: 5.34

Guy: 5.63

Erk: 6.05

Lyn: 6.12

Matthew: 6.3

Serra: 6.3

Oswin: 6.7

Lowen: 6.75

Lucius: 7.02

Kent: 8.17

Hector: 8.3

Priscilla: 8.3

Florina: 8.43

Raven: 8.47

Sain: 8.83

Marcus: 9.29

I probably did it wrong and added one of dondon's marks for one of KoT's posts, but Mekkah's rating was troll anyway

Edited by General Horace

I love Dart. I really fucking adore Dart. But his bases are bad, his starting equipment is worse, his con is abysmal and you have to check SF's guide to find out where the Ocean Seal even is (yes, my gripe isn't with not selling the thing, my gripe is with doing anything in the desert at all). I can understand these ratings, although I'll admit they're lower than I'd expected. 5/10 is generous, as he DOES grow into a superb fighter. Eventually.

What are you guys on.

7. Just have him grow out of those bases (which aren't even crappy) and he'll pay out really well thanks to those amazing offensive growths. It's not like he comes late either.