Rate the Unit, Day 42: Athos

Thor Odinson

Still isn't a divine weapon, though. Don't think any of the S ranks in FE7 are except Aureola. The others are Prfs.

Not that Athos needs much except Forblaze and Luna anyway, status spamming is the lulziest way to go.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it doesn't have the music and the flash of light, it's not Divine.

I've never actually tried doing it (because dark beats anima), but does Forblaze really only do half damage to Nergal like in the cutscene?

If it doesn't have the music and the flash of light, it's not Divine.

I've never actually tried doing it (because dark beats anima), but does Forblaze really only do half damage to Nergal like in the cutscene?

I don't think that's the case.

Athos.

Yeah, not much to say. Lunabomb the Dragon. Maybe smack Darin with a Luna while he's at it. And Ursula. And anyone else he can give a crap about.

5/10 for crappy Con and Speed.

I seriously cannot understand these rankings. It'd be like if the final chapter were just the righthand portion of Noble Lady of Caelin, and the only enemies were those two gullible PKs, then Wil would be getting 6-7/10s all over the place. :facepalm:

If Wil could reliable OHKO those flying annoyances, while ignoring defense on everything else, AND being able to near-full-heal everyone, then sure, he'd be getting a better rating.

If Wil could reliable OHKO those flying annoyances, while ignoring defense on everything else, AND being able to near-full-heal everyone, then sure, he'd be getting a better rating.

Those stipulations aren't necessary. Athos is getting high ratings because he makes one (easy) chapter slightly easier, and I'm giving you an example where Wil makes one (easy) chapter slightly easier. 10/10s all around for my main man William.

Shamwathos! He can end the game's final boss in 1 move. You'll be saying Athos every time!

But, if we are rating him, he is a free ass kicker who does nothing but contribute, and for free. Ans he brings Armads. Ans he brings Aureola. And he uses Luna the way it should. And he can status Lloyd our Linus. And he can Warp units 15 squares. And he can Fortify every fricken one of your teammates.

For Free.

Greybeard / 10

Wait, :Athos: / 10

No no no. 8.125 / 10 {the minuses are from low durability, can't do it all on his own, and not providing you with enough con to do what you are going to do anyway.

I think a lot of people look at ~5 as neutral, so a character like Wil is overall detrimental. Athos helps some, and helping some>>>>>sucking a lot. If Noble Lady of Caelin was the last chapter of the game, I'd probably give Wil somewhere around a 5.

I think a lot of people look at ~5 as neutral, so a character like Wil is overall detrimental. Athos helps some, and helping some>>>>>sucking a lot. If Noble Lady of Caelin was the last chapter of the game, I'd probably give Wil somewhere around a 5.

I like this. Not how I would use the scale, but it's clear, consistent, and agreeably-put. Friend request? :newyears:

The first rule of this is to rate the units from when they are available. Athos is available for 1 chapter, and can EASILY make MVP of that one chapter. I think that justifies solid voting.

For ranked exp is done already so feel free to spam him and his awesome beard in final

I honestly have no idea how the fuck to rate him because apparently avaliability doesn't matter in which case he gets a 10.

If it suddenly does matter (and I see people taking it into consideration) I give him a 3.

o

- Ratings are assumed to be on LHM and HHM. Also, they should be based on when the unit is first available.

Many people interpret that as availability, but in my rating of other units, my thought on that is competition for limited slots. Athos is free and forced, so based on him joining so late, he doesn't need to compete for a spot on the endgame team, which is why his rating ought to be a bit higher.

For ranked exp is done already so feel free to spam him and his awesome beard in final

Please. Light is one of the best places to acquire tons of experience is a short amount of time, and I'll point out that experience is without question the toughest rank to 5* in HHM. If you've already finished the experience rank by Light, then that means you've gone through a whole lot of unnecessary trouble to farm experience just to use Athos in the final chapter. I hardly think that's a point in his favor.

There's also the point that some characters might not be good (growth units obviously), while some units can't be bad. So while their availability may not be great, there's absolutely zero chance of them failing. These units are relatively rare and generally not all that useful. I think FE5 Sety and Athos are the best examples of a Final recruit who is incredibly handy in that one map and impossible to fuck up, plus each has some measure of unique utility that most other units cannot equal (Holsety and Luna on the Dragon).

Athos shows up and he does shit. He can't fail at it, because his stats are always the same. In theory, you could get an unsalvageable Marcus. You generally won't, and that plus his availability guarantees him a 9-10 score. Athos cannot possibly fail at the things he does well (spell spammin', staff whorin'), but his availability drags his score down from 9-10 to whatever people think is fair.

I think another part of it is people want to rank him higher than some characters in the 5-7 range because they view his minor contributions as better than their contributions over a longer period, and realize they may have scored some people too highly.

Please. Light is one of the best places to acquire tons of experience is a short amount of time, and I'll point out that experience is without question the toughest rank to 5* in HHM. If you've already finished the experience rank by Light, then that means you've gone through a whole lot of unnecessary trouble to farm experience just to use Athos in the final chapter. I hardly think that's a point in his favor.

It's my rating from my own personal experience. In which the experience rank is done after Sands of Time, with no effort put into the exp rank from Cog on. The exp rank really isn't as tough as people make it out to be.

Light is also vastly inferior to Value of Life in terms of getting exp in a short time, I don't know why you'd even bring that up.

Edited by General Horace