Final Fantasy 13-2

Ether

So, anyone else pick this game up yet, or planning to pick it up?

I've played up to Academia -4XX AF- myself so far, and I'm enjoying the game. Then again, I was one of the ones who liked FF13, so that might be just me. Either way, the pacing of the game is a lot faster than in 13, and the linearity is gone. There is plenty of options on where and when to go, both figuratively and literally, as well as plenty of opportunities to backtrack. As well, it removes the leveling restriction that FF13 had, so you grinding lovers can do your grinding without worry.

While the monster system is kinda the same monster system as every other game with a monster system, it does what it's meant to, and it adds a different dimension to the paradigm shift(which I loved, and still love, by the way guys)

So yeah, feel free to discuss the... you know what, I'm not even gonna bother to try and work out which actual installment of the series this is, what with the side stories and the -2's and the remakes and the... *long winded rant*

And while I'm here, have some Crazy Chocobo. Elitists be warned.

Im gonna pick it up. Ive seen some walkthroughs. I loved 13;s battle system and the characters, but not how linear it was. Ive been watching walkthroughs of it (very nooby too) and it seems like a really good game. Although, i dont like how much they use crazy chocobo in boss battles >_>.

On disc3 of ff13 right now...stupid gran pulse missions slowing me down.

Anyway, ya, I have high expectations for 13-2, though my latest gameinformer magazine says the storyline is a mindfuck in a bottle.

Definitely picking it up. I'm sort of working under the assumption that it will get a price drop at some point, so I'll probably pick it up around May, counting on Mass Effect 3 and Xenoblade Chronicles to hold me over until then. I really enjoyed XIII, so it's a sure buy. Kinda disappointed the cast of the first game is unplayable, however.

Waiting till the price goes down ._.

I remember when I picked up FF13 for 20 bucks when I first got my PS3.

So far... my friends have said "borrow it from someone" or "wait for the price to drop".

I think it's because of the bad impressions they got from the first game.

I'm staying neutral until there are reviews I can trust. It's too early right now.

Not going to get it for a while yet but if the character you're controlling in battle dies do you still get instant game over?

No, it switches to the other human character. If both Serah and Noel fall, then you get a Game Over.

Good, because the c'ieth stones in XIII got particularly annoying when your guy dies and Snow still has 0ver 25,000 HP left

Waiting till the price goes down ._.

I remember when I picked up FF13 for 20 bucks when I first got my PS3.

So far... my friends have said "borrow it from someone" or "wait for the price to drop".

I think it's because of the bad impressions they got from the first game.

I'm staying neutral until there are reviews I can trust. It's too early right now.

I got my copy preowned from gamestop for $7.95

Alright, in stuck at the Dreadnaut. Can he be defeated by the current party, assuming minimal grinding? I've just played through the game easily and Gran Pulse is all of a sudden the first real challenging area.

Alright, in stuck at the Dreadnaut. Can he be defeated by the current party, assuming minimal grinding? I've just played through the game easily and Gran Pulse is all of a sudden the first real challenging area.

You mean the ones in Mah'habara? It is extremely possible to beat it with the right paradigms even with only a decently leveled team. I just had Lightning/Fang/Hope. Lightning as a Medic. Hope as a Synergist and Fang as a Sentinel. At the beginning, cast every buff possible with Hope at the time including Barfire. Then, switch to a Paradigm that has Fang as Saboteur to slow down the dude and debuff him in general. You might not need a medic depending on your level. After hes debuffed enough, switch to Lightning(RAV) Hope (Rav) Fang (SEN) and build his stagger. Once hes staggered, switch to Relentless Assault to destroy his HP. You might not beat it in one round though. Cure yourself with Combat clinic if thats the case and be prepared for his nasty steel ball attack or w/e that thing is. Its like a missile lol I dont remember the name but it has the power to OHKO ur leader. So stay on the lookout for it. Repeat the above steps until hes down. Hope it helps. Also, it helps to cast Libra and use Fang as your party leader because she has the less chance of dying to his missile attack.

Edited by PKL

Rav/Rav/Sab is better for getting stagger (fast boost + slow decline, also meaning longer stagger), in fact after going Synergist (which I recommend with Med/Sen) I'd go straight to Rav/Rav/Sab so you can go to Com/Com/Rav straight after.

Though I like to destroy the crap out of the chain gauge after going into stagger, because 7-10x multiplier is too good to pass up.

Edited by Mercenary Raven

You mean the ones in Mah'habara? It is extremely possible to beat it with the right paradigms even with only a decently leveled team. I just had Lightning/Fang/Hope. Lightning as a Medic. Hope as a Synergist and Fang as a Sentinel. At the beginning, cast every buff possible with Hope at the time including Barfire. Then, switch to a Paradigm that has Fang as Saboteur to slow down the dude and debuff him in general. You might not need a medic depending on your level. After hes debuffed enough, switch to Lightning(RAV) Hope (Rav) Fang (SEN) and build his stagger. Once hes staggered, switch to Relentless Assault to destroy his HP. You might not beat it in one round though. Cure yourself with Combat clinic if thats the case and be prepared for his nasty steel ball attack or w/e that thing is. Its like a missile lol I dont remember the name but it has the power to OHKO ur leader. So stay on the lookout for it. Repeat the above steps until hes down. Hope it helps. Also, it helps to cast Libra and use Fang as your party leader because she has the less chance of dying to his missile attack.

Maybe that is my problem. I've been using the same paradigms, but lightning/sazh/vanille or lightning/sazh/snow...just wasnt cuttng it, but that haste spell was hard to pass up.

Maybe that is my problem. I've been using the same paradigms, but lightning/sazh/vanille or lightning/sazh/snow...just wasnt cuttng it, but that haste spell was hard to pass up.

I dont find that much use for Haste early on tbh. Hope has the edge as a synergist for me because his protection allows me to beat monsters Im not supposed to xD. Haste is usually needed only after Chapter 12 and Hope gets Haste starting in Chapter 12, so...yeah. Sazh has his own merits though, like his OP Blitz and that 'fro.

Sazh has his own merits though, like his OP Blitz and that 'fro.

that 'fro.

Yea. This. His icon is my gamerpicture because of dat fro.

But.i didn't know hope learned haste. He isn't too weak to handle buffing against the 'naut? Ill pump him with the gold bangled I guesd.

He has enough HP to survive, mostly. It is annoying at times to keep him alive at first, but I have gone through the game in the 2nd playthrough without Hope ever dying. Like, ever.

PS- My 13-2 copy just arrived *_*.