ITT: Classical Music ONLY!

Maji

First: Thread's kind of a mess because I need to format and define things better, I hopefully will make this easier to understand in the future, sorry for the potential confusion.

This thread is for orchestral* music only, nothing else. While traditional classical music is highly encouraged to be posted, modern orchestral compositions are also allowed. Please no video game music, symphonic remakes included. Nothing against video game music, but there is a thread for it in another forum.

With that I open!

I'll start with some mainstream stuff, then move on to more less known stuff, as part of being a classical music listener is to discover new and interesting things. smile.gif

*Not necessarily a full orchestra, there can be piano/other classical instruments solos.

Edited by Maji

Yes, yes I did mean classical music, how unprofessional of me -__-

I edited it either way, thank you for pointing that out.

Currently, I am listening to all the pieces right now, wow, I am sort of ashamed of myself for not listening to Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture, yet calling myself a classical music lover. I never knew that that really famous french horn section in the first part was from this piece, nor did I know that The Beatles's "All You Need is Love"'s fanfare was derived from this piece as well. I couldn't help but start to listen to the second part, I hope there's cannons later on!

For the other pieces, I love Chopin, he's my absolute favourite composer when it comes to piano pieces, so I'm excited about that, as am I with Dvorak's piece, as we discussed him in my Music History class last semester. For the final piece, I'm not sure exactly what to expect, but I'll tell you what I think after I listen to it.

I'm posting Part 2 of Bach's Lute Suite because it's the more known part, y' know, with that fierce and fabulous Boureé and Gigue at the end? You're free to listen to the first part as well, my passion for lute and harpsichords is unmatched!

Did you read the first post?

I sure did. Super Mario Bros. is an old game, I'm sure the music counts as classical by now.

Maybe video game music is hated by people or something and not accepted as real music.

Going to say no to the Mario Bros.

Please no video game music, symphonic remakes included. Nothing against video game music, but there is a thread for it in another forum.

Is this just classical music, or does more modern music for orchestra/symphony/etc. also count?

I was thinking about this to myself, and I decided yes, I mean you can't really say no to John Williams and Claude Debussy (to a certain extent when I say "Modern"), now can you?

I still don't really want video game music here, it's not that I hate it or anything, I just think that there is a plethora of threads already established where they can go, I haven't yet seen a thread that is dedicated to orchestral music only.

I think I'll edit the title further from "Classical" to "Orchestral" to avoid further confusion, I'm sure I'll edit more once we decide on the best term to use.

Edited by Maji

Yes, yes I did mean classical music, how unprofessional of me -__-

My post looks weird without blue

I was just quoting since it looked like people ignored that post completely XD

Oh hey well look at that I just completely ignored the fact that those were asked before the first post had been edited xD

Edited by Freohr Abr Datia

YOU GUYS ARE STEALING MINE GAAAAH.

//classical music geek

@Balcerzak:

I see your Night on Bald Mountain and raise you one Pictures at an Exhibition.

BABAYAGAAAAA

Edited by Octavian