[FE8] Experience Draft the second~!

eclipse

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, because 11+ exp per turn isn't significant.

Turn limits or no, staves give a ludicrous amount of EXP. Hell, if it comes down to it, I can have my main team rush forward and leave a staffer with a slow/not-so-great unit and just rack up those points. Using heal for all of those 180 turns already gets me 1980 EXP points, or 19.8 levels.

You honestly cannot tell me that that's an insignificant number.

Edited by Camtech

It totally is.

Just not, you know;

infinite.

Thank you for seeing my point >.>

And, considering you take a -1 level penalty for every 4 turns over 180, (our, receive less if a bonus for every 4 turns taken), and 4 extra unnecessary turns of healing yields less than half a level (until Tethys/ the rarer higher ranked staves)...i dunno, I did math, and didn't find THAT much win.

Still, I'd have picked Moulder too, fyi

Edited by Elieson

I purposely avoided healers in the FE7 experience draft. While I didn't intend to NOT have a healer entirely (I was hoping for a mage, but they all went fast in the round 2-3 before I could pick), I found that I didn't really need healers as I got further into the game. Having my characters dodge, tank, and sit on fortresses helped, and I only had to use vulneraries sparingly after the first couple of maps. I also played my first draft (FE8) without a healer until Saleh. I think Saleh is completely awesome, but by the point in the game I got him, his healing was only a minor convenience.

Personally, if I had the chance to enter another EXP draft again, I still wouldn't pick healers.

A) I'm not used to drafting FE8

B) The healing is not so much a necessity and more of a nice thing to have on the side. Not to mention toys like Torch, Barrier, etc. that are essentially free EXP.

It's not even like I need the healers for healing, Vulneraries do me more than just fine on vanilla runs. but again, 11 exp per turn~

but what do i know

Lol @ cam

Naw srsly, id always pick moulder the boulder healer in a draft like this too.

I'm just giving you a hard time for using the word infinite mostly

I knew it was too much to hope a healer would survive to the next round. I've fucked up big time. :facepalm:

Why is Colm not free again?

I got through the FE7 experience draft with no healers until Athos. :P:

hey hey hey l'arachel is still open

I disregarded her because her join time makes her too horrible to contemplate (even Moulder is borderline; considering Serra took me about 150 turns to reach level 20 in the FE7 Exp Draft), but I may not have a choice now.

That said, eclipse goes before me, so she has a chance of completing the hat-trick.

@Boron: It's easy enough to complete it without healers, but the only way to win this kind of draft is to have a steady supply of non-combat EXP.

Edited by Baldrick

Yep. And I played through my first draft (FE8) with no healers until Saleh either. I appreciated Saleh more for his warping than his healing in the end (which may or may not be as relevant in an experience draft since you'd want to get as much experience for underleveled units) and I didn't even need a healer by the time Nino showed up. Athos provided nice Fortify spam for me in endgame, when my characters got unlucky and took hits, but if you can tough out the first few chapters with vulneraries and a little luck, you don't need healers.

Edit: @ Baldrick: I had no problems getting anyone to 20/20 at the end, except Nils, but I don't think having a healer would've helped me make him hit 20/20. In fact, I suspect that choosing Serra or Priscilla would've cost me turns in the end. But this is the way I play, I suppose.

(Will most likely never pick a healer in any FE draft except PoR. :P)

Edited by Boron

I disregarded her because her join time makes her too horrible to contemplate (even Moulder is borderline; considering Serra took me about 150 turns to reach level 20 in the FE7 Exp Draft), but I may not have a choice now.

Well, she's kind of borderline. INsta-torch is a lot of EXP.

also it was a strikethrough for a reason

I'm not even sure if I would draft a healer in PoR, to tell you the truth. But even Titania does need healing after a while. Plus, the raven laguz on the first boat chapter hit pretty hard (if your characters aren't super defense blessed) and may even double slower or weighted down characters. I meant that I would consider drafting a healer in a PoR draft, not necessarily that I would.

Oh, i see. Ive never found myself needing healers that often in drafts. I would definetely not have "drafting a healer" as a top priority in an exp draft seeing as how they always have a turn limit and my playstyle sucks for healers. Also, can i shadow a team? Preferably one with nessie/franz...