Training Mafia - Game Over

Kay

[18:05] <Paperblade> [5:56:24 PM] Brad: you're kind of screwed

[18:05] <Paperblade> [5:56:29 PM] Iris: verily forsooth

[18:05] <Paperblade> [5:56:34 PM] Iris: yeah

[18:05] <Paperblade> [5:56:35 PM] Iris: so...

[18:05] <Paperblade> [5:56:41 PM] Brad: =(

[18:05] <Paperblade> [5:56:47 PM] Iris: now what

[18:05] <Paperblade> [5:56:50 PM] Brad: cry

[18:05] <Paperblade> [5:56:55 PM] Iris: indeed

[18:05] <Paperblade> [5:56:58 PM] Iris: should I fight back?

[18:05] <Paperblade> [5:57:02 PM] Brad: yeah might as well

[18:05] <Paperblade> [5:57:03 PM] Brad: not sure how but

[18:05] <Paperblade> [5:57:08 PM] Brad: I suggest

[18:05] <Paperblade> [5:57:09 PM] Brad: A. Blame the host for making such an imbalanced game

[18:05] <Paperblade> [5:57:15 PM] Brad: B. Blame your team

[18:05] <Paperblade> [5:57:17 PM] Brad: C. Blame bad luck

[18:05] <Paperblade> [5:57:24 PM] Iris: what's D

[18:05] <Paperblade> [5:57:25 PM] Brad: there is no D

[18:05] <Paperblade> [5:57:30 PM] Iris: =(

[18:05] <Paperblade> [5:57:37 PM] Iris: can I choose all 3

[18:05] <Paperblade> [5:57:40 PM] Brad: yes

[18:06] <Paperblade> I am a good mentor

[18:06] <Paperblade> [6:04:57 PM] Iris: so now what

[18:06] <Paperblade> [6:05:02 PM] Iris: [5:57 PM] Brad:

[18:06] <Paperblade> <<< A. Blame the host for making such an imbalanced game

[18:06] <Paperblade> B. Blame your team

[18:06] <Paperblade> C. Blame bad luck

[18:06] <Paperblade> [6:05:08 PM] Brad: pick one or more

[18:06] <Paperblade> [6:05:13 PM] Brad: and just talk about that after we lose

[18:06] <Paperblade> [6:05:13 PM] Iris: or all

[18:06] <Paperblade> [6:05:16 PM] Brad: I'll be doing B

[18:06] <Paperblade> [6:05:19 PM] Iris: good point

[18:06] <Paperblade> [6:05:23 PM] Brad: because you guys all idled N0

[18:06] <Paperblade> [6:05:30 PM] Iris: thanks for being a great vet and telling us

[18:06] <Paperblade> [6:05:35 PM] Brad: npnp

[18:06] <Paperblade> I am teaching her good habits

[22:00] <Paperblade> did no one in the mafia send in a night action

[22:01] <Centurion> That would be correct

[22:01] <Paperblade> lmao

I blame my team

Edited by Paperblade

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just disliked the fact that we had only 9 teams, which made the game short. Also, the other half couldn't even post properly because of the restriction. While I don't have any suggestions to fix that, I really wish you do something about it, as I liked the overall idea.

i blame the fact that i had no idea that i could actually send in a night action on n0

i blame my luck getting scanned on n0

i blame kay because i can

Well, that's mostly the Mafia's fault for not helping a new player. You could've been saved by the Tailor if he played the cards right. The Mafia was very OPed but they didn't know how to act in group.

Well, that's mostly the Mafia's fault for not helping a new player. You could've been saved by the Tailor if he played the cards right. The Mafia was very OPed but they didn't know how to act in group.

This isn't exactly a rare occurance, unfortunately.

In my experience, there tend to be certain players who are very capable of bringing a misfit group of mafiosos together into an organized group, if the group likes them or is willing to listen. I'd list Balcerzak and Eclipse as examples.

Without one... things like this happen.

Edited by Haze

I would say good game, but, eh, it was sort of lackluster. I think Paperblade's covered everything I would like to say . . . I guess it was part of my fault to assume that Excellen [tailor] and Cam [interceptor] would send in actions. Me and Paperblade were the only mafia members who did stuff.

[18:05] <Paperblade> [5:57:25 PM] Brad: there is no D

[18:06] <Paperblade> I am a good mentor

(D) Blame Paperblade:

[2012-03-09 15:18:11] <Paperblade> I know what I would do with our roles

[2012-03-09 15:18:12] <Paperblade> but

[2012-03-09 15:18:15] <Paperblade> since I am being a mentor

[2012-03-09 15:18:18] <Paperblade> I am not going to tell you guys

[2012-03-09 15:18:19] <Paperblade> ;/

But as a mentor, you probably should have advised Cam to send in action / done so for him. ;/

[2012-03-09 15:08:11] <Paperblade> whose bright idea was it to stick you with Fear

[2012-03-09 15:08:16] <Paperblade> do you even know Fear

[2012-03-09 15:08:23] <Iris> no

[2012-03-09 15:08:25] <Iris> I don't

[2012-03-09 15:08:27] <Paperblade> lol

[2012-03-09 15:08:32] <Paperblade> what the heck Kay

[2012-03-09 15:08:50] <Paperblade> "Yeah everyone is creeping on Iris requesting her, so I'm gonna put her with the one person she doesn't know"

I guess I should be thankful that Paperblade decided to mentor me later....! :O I've learned how to excessively use ;/!

actually I would have suggested idling as he did because Kay said the intercept would not kill N0

and as I told Prims, this is what I would've done if it I wasn't letting you guys fumble around as a learning experience

[18:59] <@Paperblade> I would have had me tailored N0 to appear as a Mason

[18:59] <@Paperblade> and had my Mason buddy

[19:00] <@Paperblade> intercepted [ed: on N1 and after]

Edited by Paperblade

[18:05] <Paperblade> [5:57:09 PM] Brad: A. Blame the host for making such an imbalanced game

[18:05] <Paperblade> [5:57:15 PM] Brad: B. Blame your team

[18:05] <Paperblade> [5:57:17 PM] Brad: C. Blame bad luck

[18:05] <Paperblade> [5:57:24 PM] Iris: what's D

D. Blame yourself

So, yeah. This was an... interesting game, to say the least. Considering the set up, town prolly should have lost.

But, a lucky scan on N0 helped quite a bit. Tbh, I didn't want to claim THAT early, because that's just something that you shouldn't do. Which I eventually paid for, so...

Also, fun facts: If we voted NL and Iris killed off Rapier, Town would have won anyway. Merry invention that gave me a permanent double vote time.

I still think there's room for improvement by the players involved. To be fair, some of the things I did were questionable to productivity. Excellen didn't really put up much of a fight on D2/3 (don't remember which), etc.

Question to the mafia: When Excellen was still alive, why did you keep kidnapping me? You possibly could have used the tailor to trick me, and maybe got some mislynches going. Tailor is specifically an anti-rolecop role, so why wasn't it used as such?

So, gg.

How the heck did we win? Ugh. . .

Anyway, that was an odd game, and the rest of my thoughts are in my role PM. Also, Kay, this is a reminder to keep checking FETO.

I'd just like to point out that 3v6 is ok with a more balanced role setup, at least in OC where town can discuss stuff in private and also with the existence of N0 which is basically a free cop investigation and kidnap, which is much better for the town than it is for the maf. I'd even argue that 2v7 in NOC is broken unless scum is heavily role favoured (which they would be here I guess).

Stuff like "there needs to be a 3:1 scum ratio" and such are pointless, its all about how many more town there is than scum. Classic maf (3 blue, 1 doc, 1 cop and 2 scum) has 3 more town than scum. This game also had 3 more town than scum. Yes scum could win by D2, but large games only last until D4 or 5, so a small game such as this one lasting half as long shouldn't be too surprising.

This is mostly directed at prims, who heavily critisized the numbers.

Stuff like "there needs to be a 3:1 scum ratio" and such are pointless, its all about how many more town there is than scum. Classic maf (3 blue, 1 doc, 1 cop and 2 scum) has 3 more town than scum. This game also had 3 more town than scum. Yes scum could win by D2, but large games only last until D4 or 5, so a small game such as this one lasting half as long shouldn't be too surprising.

Your example allows the town one mislynch against two scum. This game apparently allowed only one mislynch against three scum, and three scum also have much greater influence on the vote than two. That's a difference.

Just my two cents.

Your example allows the town one mislynch against two scum. This game apparently allowed only one mislynch against three scum, and three scum also have much greater influence on the vote than two. That's a difference.

Its true that three scum have more influence, but if they can manipulate town to mislynch then they've done their job, surely. And OC can lead to very strong town organisation.

And yes, a ML isn't allowed but this is usually the norm for EM games do not have N0. That means they start D1 5v2 in that setup. Yet that setup is remarkably balanced and has almost exactly 50/50 win rates for maf and the town.

Also for an example of a 3v6 setup with good wins vs losses is the wrongly infamous Politics setup. With OC and a N0 the balance rates would be much closer to 50/50, although 43/56 is hardly what one would call imba. And disguiser/janitor are some of the more... frustrating roles for many EM users so this balance is quite surprising.

You can tell I've been playing a lot of EM lately.

This is mostly directed at prims, who heavily critisized the numbers.

Prims wasn't criticising just the numbers, he was criticising the numbers in conjunction with the setup. Thus why he assumed the game was 7v2 because there was no way the setup would be 6v3 with the mafia having the kidnapper (gimped as it was) and the Interceptor "unless Kay hates town wins".

Turns out it was 6v3 anyway.

Additionally, in EM games everyone is aware of the setup and the numbers ahead of time, which drastically changes how people behave.

Edited by Haze