• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bantu is liek, teh pwnz

dem growths

He is pretty godly in FE3 though.

Edited by Darros

One playthrough, I trained Tiki and Nagi (I tricked the game) and Tiki had much better stats because of her availability. I gave her the starsphere so her divinestone won't break.

When I was on chapter 22, I had Tiki solo the chapter and she had barely any damage.

I was talking about her caps with DIVINESTONE boosts, not without them.

Nagi can use the Divinestone too, you know.

And soloing Chapter 22 isn't exceptionally special. Twice now I've had Barst or Wolf just GO UP on H5 and obliterate the chapter with no support.

Tiki also joins at the miserable level of 1 with pretty shitty stats over two-thirds of the way through the game. Nagi, meanwhile, requires no investment and is around for one of the two actually difficult chapters in the game, presuming we're not Warping through it. Or are we? Well, then Nagi makes an excellent suicide bot at base if you must.

Edited by Integrity

If you give Tiki some levelups and statboosters her stats become much better plus it's easy to work on her since you can just arena abuse your other units and not worry about them.

Key word: IF. Meaning it's not happening on low turn playthroughs. (Which by the way, is the context that is often assumed when judging a unit's worth.) Not even on the highest difficulties where Tiki has no chance of catching up.

@bolded: Arena Abuse is hardly an effective way of judging a unit's usefulness in the first place. While it does make the unit undergoing it a superhero depending on who it is, it also is very time consuming and not really worth it in the first place. If you like Arena Abusing, more power to you. Just keep in mind that it's not assumed to be used in unit debates because of the fact that it's time consuming.

Edited by Little Al

If you give Tiki some levelups and statboosters her stats become much better plus it's easy to work on her since you can just arena abuse your other units and not worry about them.

If you just give Bantu "some levelups and statboosters" he'll do more than Tiki ever does before Tiki even exists.

He's shit, yeah, but hey that's what those statboosters are for amirite?

No, statboosters are for increasing a unit's bad stats.Tiki and Nagi use divinestones which are much better then the firestones that Bantu uses.

Statboosters are just as often useful for enhancing a characters good stats. In fact, in many cases I'd say they're better used for that.

Plus, if Bantu is losing so solidly to Tiki wouldn't all of his stats be his "bad stats" and therefore shouldn't he be allocated statboosters to compensate?

And per the stones:

Str +8, Skl +4, Spd +4, Def +9, Res +4

Str +10, Skl +7, Spd +4, Def +15, Res +11

+2 STR, +3 SKL, and a pretty solid fuckton of DEF/RES, granted. We've well established that Divinestones > Firestones, even if their only major gain is in durability.

And then there's the whole Bantu has thirteen or fifteen chapters of availability on Tiki. Counting Gaidens, not counting Prologue, the game is only 30 chapters long. Not counting Gaidens, 25. Bantu is around for half the game before Tiki shows up, and Tiki shows up when your other units are already destructorapemachines.

EDIT: Reading my posts, am I seriously arguing both dragons in multiple different playstyles against this guy?

Edited by Integrity

No, statboosters are for increasing a unit's bad stats.Tiki and Nagi use divinestones which are much better then the firestones that Bantu uses.

Except for the fact that Firestones are available for a much much longer time than Divinestones. That alone makes Bantu more useful than Tiki. And you have a limit to how many stat boosters you can carry, meaning you have to carefully choose which unit would benefit more from them. But however, no matter who gets statboosters, units that join at early points of the game (such as Bantu) often make better use of statboosters than units that join at later parts of the game (such as Tiki). And as Integrity just pointed out, statboosters can also be used to improve a unit's good stats.

And way to ignore my last post.

Edited by Little Al

If your units are already awesome when Tiki appears, then there is no point working on them so you can train Tiki a lot to be even more awesome.

Even if you don't arena abuse, you're units should be strong by the time you get her. If you don't want to train her, then don't train her, but she is a very fun unit to use.

If your units are already awesome when Tiki appears, then there is no point working on them so you can train Tiki a lot to be even more awesome.

Even if you don't arena abuse, you're units should be strong by the time you get her. If you don't want to train her, then don't train her, but she is a very fun unit to use.

I guess you just don't get it, do you?

The thing is that training units that join late such as Est (I'm bringing her up because she's in a very similar situation.) and Tiki is counter-intuitive because of how crappy their base stats are. And because of the sorry state of their base stats, training them while keeping them alive would do nothing but increase turn counts. And on modes like H5, you can't afford to waste much time training some units because of how great their growths may be.

Well, units like Tiki and Est are going to be hard to train.

Stopped right there because that is exactly why units like Est and Tiki aren't good. It doesn't matter what level it is if they're not very useful to begin with. They just slow you down on the easier difficulties, and are worthless on the hardest difficulties.

People outside serenes tend to play RPGs in such a manner that allows them to have best everything for the final boss/level/map/whatever, after an incredible time of grinding. Rexcalibur isn't familiar to how this community measures characters' worth so give him/her a break.

They're never gonna be my best units because they're ugly joining way too late and takes unnecessary effort to use when you have a pretty fucking good team already if you're playing right. I would never call any unit I have to baby any good, even if they turn out good in the end. What is it worth? Just a few chapters of possible usefulness preceded by a lot of wasted time? I'll use Abel as an example, because Abel is a man. Even if Est caps every stat in like, the last chapter and Abel doesn't, Abel is still better because he's there killing shit for you the entire game and he doesn't take babying to do so. Est can never be better than Abel if they're both in play, because Abel actually, you know, contributes shit instead of having to steal kills for self-improvement.

So you just don't like the Est archetype?

I always liked training units like Est and Tiki because late in the game everyone is usually very strong so it is fun to train units who are very low level

but have great growths and then watch them destroy everything in their path.

Well, units like Tiki and Est are going to be hard to train on the harder levels but on the easier levels they can be some of your best units when you train them enough.

Okay, hold it right there chief.

Let's take my other favorite unit in this game, Catria. Let's compare her 20/20 stats to Est's. I cordially invite you to view the page on that precise thing.

Note the line of stats at the very bottom of Catria and Est's respective pages. Catria wins or ties everything except Luck (by 9) and Strength (by 1). Why, then, would I have gone through the effort to train Est, who is "hard to train", when Catria gives me the same performance, is around for longer, and is absolutely ridiculously easier to train?

I could pull other examples. I could grouse about how Tiki's trained performance is roughly identical to Nagi's, but I won't because frankly you don't seem to be getting it. You've just spouted the same rhetoric at every single post I've made - every post that defies that same rhetoric - and I'm honestly out of arguments. If I haven't yet made my point clear enough, it's obviously just going to fly straight over your head no matter what else I say.

EDIT: Since you posted while I was typing, I may as well give a final hurrah.

I find it fun to train the shitty end units sometimes. But here's the thing, mate, all that effort isn't going to give you a unit who's actually significantly better than the ones you had. It's fun to do, yes, but Est is by absolutely no measurable quantity the best of her sisters in FE11, let alone the rest of the cast. If you trained the shit out of her, she would obliterate C20 and beyond (or something. when do you recruit est again?) but if you trained the shit out of Catria, she would obliterate C17 and beyond all the way to the final, including the chapters you're lauding Est for obliterating.

obliterate obliterate obliterate

@Espinosa: To your last post, recruiting Bantu alone costs more turns than he or Tiki could shave in a max LTC environment. To your earlier one, Est/Tiki aren't even the best with the grinding we're supposed to put into them. I can cede his point, it's fun to have the ridiculous stuff, but Est and Tiki aren't even it.

Edited by Integrity