Times You Cheated in FE

Randoman

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like using emulators, and I don't have any cheating devices, so... never, really? I never had the patience to arena abuse or use the enemy control glitches, either. If it counts, I've done plenty of resets for RNG manipulation, particularly in FE4/FE10/BS due to the mid-battle saves, and FE5 for my SSS run. And FE7 for two unfinished LTC runs, but not as much since I lost interest fast.

I go for minimal resets now, which makes that not so much of an option anymore anyway.

I cheated on my girlfriend with Cecilia.

It's why we aren't together anymore...

...But... I still have *her*. :wub:

Cecilia.png

On a more serious note, I have done some hacking to see what FE8 was like with a Gameshark. I did it in FE7 and FE6 too, but it was only to see what the hell the game was more than anything.

Edited by Colonel M

In FE4, sometimes if a pairing is too difficult to obtain without radically altering how you play (mostly, ones involving Finn and Fury, Tiltyu, Briggid), I will just force them to become lovers. Most cheating along these lines are for speeding up the process, not changing it.

However, I did/do enjoy swapping out characters for different classes now and then, especially if I've run out of characters to use.

Okay FINALLY have a moment worth talking about. Laura was 6 or so EXP from hitting Bishop on 3-6, and rather than wait for the DBs next go around I cheated to make everyone unable to die and stuck here near some laguz, I also modified the kill count to be all enemies. (she broke her staffs to answer the unasked question)

So regardless, after 200+ turns had passed not only had an enemy generic SS ranked strike, so had Mordetank and Volug. Anyway she finally promotes, Edward can't hurt Mordecai at all, Leonardo hits him for 2 and Nolan finished for 4.

What was funny was when I went to check my MVP

vncz75.png

Needless to say I didn't know this was actually possible!

• 2 weeks later...

I've used save states in FE6. The rest of the things I've done would come under the category of glitch abuse. I've done a lot of glitch abuse in FE7, although I can beat it without abusing the glitches. The main glitch that I abuse in FE7 is the mine glitch to make the enemies drop their weapons so that Nino can safely pick them off and level up to a more useable level. I've also abused bexp in FE9 and FE10 to try and get characters better stats than usual, especially for my incomplete pairs run in which I'm planning to bring such gems as Makalov, Astrid and Haar (who has yet to turn out for me in any of my previous FE9/10 runs) to the Tower.

My favorite "cheat" was when I used the mine glitch and made all the enemies either kill themselves in the arena or sell their items into the shop. It's always funny to see a villain (Damien, the Paladin in the Port of Badon level?) use his dialogue on a random arena enemy and get his ass handed to him on a silver spear. XD I also made Fargus talk to Dart to end the level.

Edited by MidnightShade

• 1 month later...

Just restarting a chapter EVERY time a character dies (Which is often...... sad.gif )

Don't know about the codes, and I'm too "Honest" to try.

I tend not to cheat in actual playthroughs. I've experimented with the Mine Glitch, but never saved files after using it. Similarly, sometimes I'll use AR codes on emulated games just to play around with weapons and mechanics, but usually just on dummy save files that I don't go past chapter 3 or so of Game X with. If I play a game from start to finish, I do it legit - cheats are just a way for me to poke around and try unorthodox things.

Other than mine glitching for the Uber Spear, I've changed people's classes, gave mages other types of magic (and gave Ninian and Nils magic), and gave my guys weapons such as Poison Swords just for fun.

An army of magic wielding bards is hilarious, btw.

Well, I used the mine glitch a few times in Fe7 long ago just for the fun of it, mainly on fairly easy chapters. It's just a good time to use if you're not taking the run too seriously. Also I used save states my first time through FE4, but that barely counts since you can save every turn in that game. So all in all not much Fe cheating for me.

Well, I've done some actual cheating in my current FE7 run. First I had it memory hacked to bring back Priscilla after I forgot to recruit her so I could get Raven and Lucius and now I'm looking into Codebreaker codes to magic up an Elysian Whip for Farina because I sold, missed or lost all the other Eysian Whips and Earth Seals... Including the one in her joining chapter... ._.

Well, I've done some actual cheating in my current FE7 run. First I had it memory hacked to bring back Priscilla after I forgot to recruit her so I could get Raven and Lucius and now I'm looking into Codebreaker codes to magic up an Elysian Whip for Farina because I sold, missed or lost all the other Eysian Whips and Earth Seals... Including the one in her joining chapter... ._.

how do you miss the chapter 28 elysian whip

He must've not got to that chapter yet...?

Then why does he need to resort to hacking? It's like 3 chapters away from Farina, unless he decided to cheat because oh no going through one or two chapters without Farina getting EXP the horror.

Then why does he need to resort to hacking? It's like 3 chapters away from Farina, unless he decided to cheat because oh no going through one or two chapters without Farina getting EXP the horror.

Maybe he missed it in Eliwood Mode. The bishop is where Ursula is in HNM/HHM, and maybe he figured not to go down there when first playing. But yeah, i know what you're saying. I'm just throwing out random possibilities.

Crash, what chapter are you on now?

If I decide I want to use Nino, I will mine glitch Eliwood chapter 26x/Hector 28x to get Nino to a gr8mazing level and promote her in the same chapter. Otherwise, I don't use cheats.