Golden Sun Mafia

Kriemhild

This is brief because I need to go to bed, but here are some survey results

1) First off what do you think of marth's votes before cycle one end? Do you think there is any relevance behind them? Do you think the people he started voting for are most likely town?

I think Marth went with the flock in a bit of an attempt to draw fire away from himself and ensure a lynch that was not him. This might've been out of self preservation, but if the mafia isn't completely incompetent, those votes could've and may well have been attempts to diminish their 'scumtitude'.

2) To go along with question 1 Who do you think is the most town at the moment? Also why do you think they are the most town?

I think that Bizz is most likely to be town, but seeing as I have issues reading her, that might not be the best idea.

Ducky is also acting like his normal self, so I /think/ he's town.

3) Now the opposite of that, Who do you think is most likely to be scum? And why do you think that? Any specific reasoning?

My twin, because he's kidnapped and because of his erratic behaviour Cycle 1

Rapier, because of gut feeling. Mind you, by scum he might be 3rd party, like last time.

4) Do you think the kidnapper is more town or scum?

Most likely scum, as that's one way of allowing them vote control.

5) What do you think the chances of a third party being in play are? Say a survivor or cult?

I think it's likely there's a 3rd party. Most likely a survivor, like, maybe Alex?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think Spike is one of the scummiest people, but you also think the mafia kidnapped him to have greater vote control? The two don't go together.

On my mobile ATM, but uh kidnapping can also be used to prevent inspections and such. See SF Mafia Mafia for an example of that.

On my mobile ATM, but uh kidnapping can also be used to prevent inspections and such. See SF Mafia Mafia for an example of that.

I can see why a mafia kidnapper might want to kidnap another mafia. It's just that the original reason you gave didn't make sense. Mafia has more vote control with an active mafia member.

Why would the mafia bother to affect the number of town votes if they can't reach lynch control anyways? If Walrein kidnaps his scumbuddy, his scumbuddy looks much cleaner than if they just do their thing and try to fit in normally.

@JB: See the sign up thread/ Stolypin's name history.

In other news, I can't decide whether or not Strawman is coasting mafia or coasting town being mainly helpful/modestly active by recent activity.

Sorry, I have a really bad memory so I tend to to focus mostly and most specifically on what is recent, which doesn't do me too bad in the beginning of the game. Later though I usually try to make more of an effort to look at the long term, it just requires a ton of rereading.

And is it just me, or did a bunch of people just dissappear? Like I completely understand being busy throughout the day and then you know sleeping at night and my activity hasn't been the best either, but I feel some people have like dropped off the face of the planet.

Also, is the time in the sub-title the updated phase end or the new phase end?

Sorry, I have a really bad memory so I tend to to focus mostly and most specifically on what is recent, which doesn't do me too bad in the beginning of the game.

I said the same thing and you got on me for being jumpy? /:

I can see why a mafia kidnapper might want to kidnap another mafia. It's just that the original reason you gave didn't make sense. Mafia has more vote control with an active mafia member.

I think what he meant was that it was more likely that Proto would make Kidnapper a mafia role because of that. Not that it was why Spike was kidnapped.

Ether-- I might be horribly wrong on this read, but bleh. The curse thing makes me believe he's likely to be town, but judging by the lack of curses today, it was either a Djinn ability or a limited (mafia?) ability or something. I might not be paying super-close attention to this one. Needs to be more active, but hey, it's Ether I suppose, haha.

I don't see why it makes him look like town. Ether doesn't usually post all that much anyway, IIRC. Why would the mafia want to limit how many times he could post, when it was C0 and they had no information? Of all the people they could have cursed, Ether doesn't seem like a good target.

I said the same thing and you got on me for being jumpy? /:

Eh, I wasn't trying to come off as "getting on you," I was mostly just saying your behavior would seem suspicious if it wasn't you is all (at least I'll assume that is the post you are referring to. I can't remember mentioning your play style anywhere else.). I'm also having a hard time remembering you mentioning something about memory. Also I wasn't even really saying you shouldn't or should find find me either scum or town for it. I was just trying to help you with why it may be that I talk mostly about recently activity, sorry if it came off as hypocritical.

Also Kay, I was actually thinking that exact same thing about Ether having a post restriction. I think in the 2 or so games I can actually remember with Ether, he was either subbed out because he couldn't be active or he was pretty quiet the majority of the game. Doesn't seem like the type of person you would either need or want to give a post restriction. Unless, maybe the post restriction was a result of something like say an inventor type role that gives random effect to people? That could always be a possibility, since cursed to only be able to post 6 times doesn't quite seem like something that would be the main definitely ability of a role.

FIRST:

Proto you're horrid, I sent my action in before I left for work today.

SECOND:

##Unvote

##Vote: Snike

It has to be done.

##Unvote

THIRD:

I hit my wheat allergy today. Due to when and where it hit, I'm not gonna be in the best of shape today, and unable to post until tomorrow night (read: after the phase ends). So FFS people, say something, 'cause I'm not too confident in my rereading skills ATM.

I'm actually getting sick, so I might nap a lot the next few days. ):

I don't see why it makes him look like town. Ether doesn't usually post all that much anyway, IIRC. Why would the mafia want to limit how many times he could post, when it was C0 and they had no information? Of all the people they could have cursed, Ether doesn't seem like a good target.

Well, like I said, it's not my strongest of reads. <____>

Well, like I said, it's not my strongest of reads. <____>

I'm just saying, it doesn't make sense for that to be the reasoning behind it, IMO.

Stop getting sick, you guys. :(:

There's an underlying reason why I think it, though. I just don't think mentioning it would be wise. It has nothing to do with my role, but rather an observation that I made.

There's an underlying reason why I think it, though. I just don't think mentioning it would be wise. It has nothing to do with my role, but rather an observation that I made.

That's acceptable, then.

Iris, get in here and say things.

@JB: See the sign up thread/ Stolypin's name history.

Oh, I thought you two were in-game twins after that statement, sorry.

Anyway, I can't remember if I've done this, but ##Unvote, ##Vote Ether

I know I said a few times that Ether has a higher chance of being town because of the post restriction thing, but after looking at it again, I get the stronger feeling that it's a new player using their ability or Djinn ability to target Ether. He's also got horrible amounts of activity, and honestly, I'm really really uncomfortable with how long he's been away and I :wub: Iris.

Votals in the meantime, only current votes because I'm a lazy ass.

Paperblade/Snike - Eclipse, Kay, BBM, Bizz

Manix - Rapier

Rapier - StSS

JBCWK/Aurora - Paperblade/Snike

Kay - Ether

Ether - JBCWK/Aurora

VOTELESS BASTARDS: Shinori, Iris, Manix, GUI (who's kidnapped so bleh)

oops forgot to add that in

Paperblade/Snike - Eclipse, Kay, BBM, Bizz, Manix

Manix - Rapier

Rapier - StSS

Kay - Ether

Ether - JBCWK/Aurora

VOTELESS BASTARDS: Shinori, Iris, GUI (who's kidnapped so bleh)

So basically we need to choose someone to lynch really really soon

and that person shouldn't be Snike because that would be a really dickish move

I remember, when I was hosting CM4, how upset Paperblade was because "it's bad luck" whenever he's on the side of the mafia. This is more meta, but it's entirely plausible that outside distractions plus the D1 lynch of a teammate with an invaluable role made him give up. He didn't state his reason for replacement, so I really am actually willing to believe this, but yeah, it's pretty dickish. I don't know what other leads I have, though.

(by the way i made a terrible mistake and pulled an all-nighter so brb sleeping forever)

Ok, reading up and now there's talk about reviving Prims. I'm a bit skeptical, if only because IF he's a mafia reviver, that essentially wastes two more cycles for the unknown mafia members to wreak havoc on the town, which is exactly what we don't want.

In other news, I'm going to go with my gut feeling.

##Unvote

##Vote: Rapier.

PS: If you lynch me ~30 hours after I get subbed in, I will haunt you all.

oops forgot to add that in

Paperblade/Snike - Eclipse, Kay, BBM, Bizz, Manix

Manix - Rapier

Rapier - StSS

Kay - Ether

Ether - JBCWK/Aurora

VOTELESS BASTARDS: Shinori, Iris, GUI (who's kidnapped so bleh)

So basically we need to choose someone to lynch really really soon

and that person shouldn't be Snike because that would be a really dickish move

Wait, what? I thought I unvoted.

Oh well, just in case ##Unvote: Snike

I still think you're probably scum but you should get to play for a while.

GUYS I'M ALIVE

I know I complain about my school work a lot, but seriously, this week has been more hellish than what I've ever been through --- on schoolwork only. o___o

and now it's vacation time, and I have free time.

I might need a sub starting Wednesday, since apparently I'll be stuck in California for a week since my sister's getting married, so I'll probably be busy doing stuff....I'll get back to you on that Paper

oh so apparently I almost missed a phase -- I thought it ended tonight :/

so now I'm going to make a realistic goal of reading all that I've missed so I'm going to shoot for 6:00, since I have to clean my room first which looks like crap.