Golden Sun Mafia

Kriemhild

Framers don't cause cops to fail. They cause them to return the wrong result. Though the more you insist on being accurate, the more I am inclined to think you aren't town-aligned. I think it's unlikely that Shinori shot JB during Cycle 3, and Shinori would've been the ideal kill if the mafia could convince people to vote elsewhere (cop claims are great for this). Therefore, the final mafia role is either a framer/tailor (which can do the same thing), or it's an inspection of some sort. Kaoz had djinn storm, while Marth had a roleblocking djinn. Both of those would benefit greatly from an inspection.

Here's my theory on lighthouse lighting:

Cycle 0 - away/prohibited/djinn used

Cycle 1 - djinn used/away

Cycle 2 - BBM's djinn was used to cause this person to go twice

Cycle 3 - role used

Cycle 4 - djinn used

Cycle 5 - ended early

What I'd love to know is why whoever's lighting the lighthouses hasn't said a damn thing. Shinori mentioned a lynchproof third party FSR; I also find it odd that if the person lighting the lighthouses was really third party and harmless, why the HELL they didn't claim that (claiming third party as of two cycles ago would've been the best way to make sure they were never lynched, and a competent mafia would send their kill elsewhere, since a harmless third party isn't a threat). Therefore, I believe that the lighthouses are a threat. This means either the Guardians are going way the hell against canon and lighting them, or it's a third party whose win condition is to bring the Golden Sun, and screw over everyone else.

I still want Impy to get in here and post. I don't blame her for being away right now, but if I don't see something by the time I get home from work tomorrow, I'm gonna be angry.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Framers don't cause cops to fail. They cause them to return the wrong result. Though the more you insist on being accurate, the more I am inclined to think you aren't town-aligned. I think it's unlikely that Shinori shot JB during Cycle 3, and Shinori would've been the ideal kill if the mafia could convince people to vote elsewhere (cop claims are great for this). Therefore, the final mafia role is either a framer/tailor (which can do the same thing), or it's an inspection of some sort. Kaoz had djinn storm, while Marth had a roleblocking djinn. Both of those would benefit greatly from an inspection.

Here's my theory on lighthouse lighting:

Cycle 0 - away/prohibited/djinn used

Cycle 1 - djinn used/away

Cycle 2 - BBM's djinn was used to cause this person to go twice

Cycle 3 - role used

Cycle 4 - djinn used

Cycle 5 - ended early

What I'd love to know is why whoever's lighting the lighthouses hasn't said a damn thing. Shinori mentioned a lynchproof third party FSR; I also find it odd that if the person lighting the lighthouses was really third party and harmless, why the HELL they didn't claim that (claiming third party as of two cycles ago would've been the best way to make sure they were never lynched, and a competent mafia would send their kill elsewhere, since a harmless third party isn't a threat). Therefore, I believe that the lighthouses are a threat. This means either the Guardians are going way the hell against canon and lighting them, or it's a third party whose win condition is to bring the Golden Sun, and screw over everyone else.

I still want Impy to get in here and post. I don't blame her for being away right now, but if I don't see something by the time I get home from work tomorrow, I'm gonna be angry.

one thing I have to ask,

Is the framer role active or passive?

Depending on whether I get an answer or not while I'm off to school, I've got half a mind to share a bit of what I'm "not" supposed to know.

Well well, things just got interesting. Now I'm a little confused though, because Flint, you're saying that Eclipse is maf, and Eclipse, you're saying that the final maf member can Mess up investigations. Then Flint, you went back to say that your Djinn has proven that the investigation wasn't tampered with. Eclipse fired back with a framer role idea, so now I'm rather stuck between a rock and a hard place.

This cycle would be the cycle for me to use my Djinn. Look at where this puts me. If Flint is correct and Eclipse is mafia, then I can make it so Eclipse can't defend herself and can't vote. However, if Flint is wrong/lying, using my Djinn will sap Eclipse of her ability to vote for the cycle and then it'll be a myslinch of an innocent townie.

Moreover, I can choose to not use my Djinn, but the same thing as the scenario I put above will happen, only whoever I choose will still have the ability to vote.

Pretty much, I have the power to end this game right now, but, I need to hear from both of you why I should vote for whoever.

Flint, you said that you have information that you're keeping secret until I show up. Well, I'm here now.

Here's what I think about the players right now:

Eclipse- Cursing me seems a little fishy. I don't know why a townie would have that role, but if I put that aside for now, you cursed me without telling me that you were going to do it. You obviously did it to test my claim, but I didn't have it active which made me look bad. I could have proven it to you if I knew that it was coming, yet, you didn't request a check.

Flint- You're really pushing your claim that your test results were 100% accurate. That's the only thing jumping out at me right now.

As far as the lighthouses go, I honest to god have no idea what's going on with them. I haven't played Golden Sun so I don't even know what happens when they're all lit in the videogame (assuming that's what happens in the videogame, at any rate). Your guess is as good, if not better, than mine.

Impy, I did it so that "Impy's not responding, let's vote her off" wouldn't be used as a lazy excuse to vote you off. I knew you were having RL problems, so I figured you could use the time to think and post.

When they were all lit in the Golden Sun universe, a gigantic ball of light formed above Mt. Aleph, and the once-forbidden power of alchemy was realized. Or something like that. Sadly, the most memorable thing about the games IMO was a summon called Eclipse.

Okay,

I guess I have nothing better to do, so, I will do some explaining

Firstly,

Eclipse is mafia and you can't let this phase go because once she kills either of us, the game is over.Explaining below:

You know Eclipse somehow passed the mayor test and there is no way we would have a mayor mafia UNLESS Valukar (because that is the final Guardian) can drain someone else's djinn and use it for a phase

I am guessing she used YOUR djinn Sap to drain Kay's vote, this way she could vote Kay, Kay would vote back on Eclipse to continue the mayor test and since her power would be zero, she could easily win (which she did) and don't forget that she mislynced Kay

Moving on

We all knew there had to be a alignment investigator (Kaoz's role)

Now to Explain my actions

to me, all 3 of you looked scummy

I though

Eclipse - 25% scum

Impy _ 40% scum

Straw _ 35% scum

and yes I thought you were the scummiest (I am not very good at scum hunting)

If eclipse was town, she would be the mayor, so she could lynch you the next phase

if she wasn't, you could maybe use sap as a last resort plus you might be able to redirect the kills

and Strawman's ability won't be of any help

so, I decided to lynch Straw, and check out Eclipse to make sure I automatically know what the last member is

It was the best way I could utilize my ability

btw, IF I hadn't moved in, the probable thing to have happened that previous phase was that a mislynch of either you or Straw followed by a nightkill,i.e,mostlikely victory of mafia and I couldn't use my special ability to lynch Eclipse that phase (one of the limitations)

Anyways, I can use my normal ability along with my special ability, and when I used my special ability, I got to know how many OTHER actions BESIDES MIINE were sent in BEFORE I activated it

Do you know how many?

ZERO

and Framer should be an active role

You found out everyone did absolutely nothing

this is what I got from Proto that proves no framer could have been active this phase

also, if you notice,

Eclipse said some stuff about lighting the light houses

she said, the golden sun will finish the game early

now, how the heck is that possible, if her theories are correct, the game could have ended at the end of C3,(WTF???)

which means that the Golden sun can't have that big an impact in the game (I am saying this because it seems lighthouses were lit in a very weird order)

she said some stuff about a lynch proof too

but that was Shinori talking about Dulahan being lynchproof because he is headless, not a third party with that role

Eclipse mainly said that so that we keep her alive even if she fails to prevent you from realizing she is mafia

Is there anything I missed, if so, let me know, I will try to explain it the best I can

Well, thanks for that Eclipse, but I'm pretty much ok now. That is, until later today when I give my cat to the shelter. >_> Now that I go back and read the topic, you mentioned that you were going to do something. Herp. Totally forgot about that.

Anyway, Flint, you have some pretty strong evidence there. I remember everything that you pointed out with what Eclipse said. I didn't get any notification from Kiku that my djinn was taken for a cycle, but that might have been a part of getting it taken. What Kiku told you is pretty powerful stuff. That blows Eclipse's theory clear out of the water and is making her look pretty bad. I will think about this and tell you at 11:30 my time (which is in 15 minutes) what I've decided.

First. . .I wish the best for your cat.

Second, the flavor points to four mafia and 16 players, with a vig. If everything went perfectly for the town, and somehow assuming a hostile third party, the game would be over on C3 at best (lynch and vig shoot correctly until all hostile factions are dead). That mafia softener looks extremely useless (oh hey a role that visits that does worse vote chip damage than base Neimi with an Iron Bow on Chapter 16), SO either the mafia got a decent role, or this entire game needs to slip on a Banango Peel and fall into the fourth dimension. If this game had any semblance of balance, then hiding the final mafia member and giving them some form of inspect would do it; there have been no other cop claims, and SF is quite reliant on them.

##Vote: Blitz

requesting modkill on flint for potentially quoting the mods

Seconded. That was a really stupid move there, mate.

THE GAME HAS ENDED

BLITZY WAS MODKILLED. HE WAS ALEX, (SELF-ALIGNED MANIPULATOR

8FBOa.jpg

You are Alex, Self-Aligned Manipulator. You are one of the last two survivors of the Mercury clan in Imil. You somehow learned a whole lot about alchemy, knowing all about the Golden Sun and how Alchemy is Weyard's life source, and even also mastered some rare abilities like flying and teleporting. But, your powers are weak right now, and you need to light the lighthouses to strengthen yourself.

During the cycle, you can approach any target and convince them to go and light the next lighthouse. Doing so will reveal to your target that you're playing the game. If you want to, you can also write a message to be sent to the target privately. If your target is an Adept, they will drop their own action and light the lighthouse instead, assuming that no other actions interfere. If your target is an Adept of the same element as the lighthouse to be lit, then the lighthouse will be lit even if your target is supposed to be roleblocked/safeguarded/redirected/etc. You cannot try to send the same person twice.

Each time a lighthouse is lit, you will gain a new ability. The order in which the lighthouses are to be lit is Mercury, Venus, Jupiter, Mars.

You are also a hidden player. If you post even once on the game thread, your participation in this game shall be revealed and you will be added to the player list.

ohYrW.gif

You got the Jupiter Djinn, Lull. When unleashed, the phase will end IMMEDIATELY, applying only the actions that were sent before you activate this. If this is unleashed before half of the phase time, then No Lynch will occur. You can only use this Djinn once, but you can use any of your other actions alongside with it on the same cycle.

You are allied with yourself, and win when you are the last one standing and all four lighthouses are lit.

You're not like me. You can't simply discard someone who is no longer of use to you” ~Alex

Clipsey! has no hope for victory now. She was VALUKAR, GUARDIAN MAYOR

b60sw.gif

You are Valukar, Guardian Mayor. You are the demonic Guardian of the Daedalus tablet that resides in the Yampi Desert Cave.

Your most distinctive characteristic is the move Crucible, that allows you to use your opponent's Djinn for your own summon. The threat level thus depends on the total number of Standby Djinn. This causes your vote weight in the game to be raised by +0.25 for every Djinn that is not being used on that cycle by non-Guardians.

ohYrW.gif

You got the Jupiter Djinn, Gasp. When unleashed, your target will be inflicted with a curse and shall be informed about it. If they post more than six times in the following cycle, they will instantly die from the seventh post. Mid-phase death.

You are allied with the Guardians, and win when all threats are eliminated.

I am the guardian of fire. If you want my power, prove yourself in my crucible of flame.” ~Valukar

The last survivor is Impy. She was JENNA, ADEPT ACTIVE NEXUS

HAi20.jpg

You are Jenna, Adept Active Nexus. You are a Mars Adept from Vale who lost all of her family in the storm. You are close friends with Isaac and Garet, and are a student of Kraden. You were taken hostage by Saturos's gang, but you later understood Felix's intentions and decided to help light the lighthouses as well.

After enduring the heat of Magma Rock, you have mastered the Psynergy Blaze. During the game, you can use this ability to manipulate the flame in your torches to blaze in a specified target's house instead, before dousing your own torch. People think that you're the only one who keeps the torches lit, so if anyone wants to visit you, they'll look for the flame and be redirected to your target instead, regardless of what their action is. Manipulating flames over such large distances costs a lot of PP though, so you can't use this on consecutive cycles.

HsHXC.gif

You got the Venus Djinn, Sap. When unleashed, you will drain the target's vote and absorb it for yourself. In other words, your target will be voteless for that cycle, and your own vote will have its weight increased by your target's vote weight.

You are allied with the Adepts, and win when all threats are eliminated.

Of course, you're going to lose if you have such an awful attitude about it!” ~Jenna

TOWN WINS!!!

Postgame coming up soon later

sldksadás;lkdaskdsakdljsadlsa'dlsl;f'saádsáçñnñ´ntghé

hahahahahahahahahahahhaha