4. B-Rabbit

5. The white guy from D12

Okay a serious top 5 for those actually interested:

1. Tupac

2. Lupe Fiasco

3. Biggie

4. Nas

5. Black Star (Mos Def and Talib Kweli

Honorable Mentions: Vinnie Paz, Jus Allah (back in the day though), the other rappers in AOTP, Jay-Z, Eminem, Snoop Dogg, the rappers in the WuTang Clan, One Be Lo

Discuss.

5. None

4. None

3. None

2. None

1. Nonenonenonenone

Although I guess in TWEWY it's fine after I end up hearing it again and again and again and again and again...... I'll just enjoy them for the wrong reasons XD

Awwww you don't like the old Eminem? Maaaaaaaaan :<

Anyway Busta Rhymes. Damn can he go.

Nah Eminem is great. Honestly I would have put him 6th or 7th if I did a top 10 but that's not how this fad goes.

Please tell me you don't just like Busta because of that Chris Brown song "Look At Me Now".

Oh no no no no no I've watched the Rap Critic over on That Guy With the Glasses, and I know that Busta's got a lot more than just chillin' in some Chris Brown songs.

Fuck Chris Brown, anyway.

Edited by seph1212

1. Tupac

2. Eminem (Slim Shady EP - Curtain Call)

3. Biggie

4. Jay-Z

5. Andre

Honorable Mentions: Proof, B.o.B, Tecj N9ne, The guy from Linkin Park, Lupe Fiasco, Busta Rhymes, 50 Cent, and there are a few others.

IMO most people can't make good music anymore...

Oh no no no no no I've watched the Rap Critic over on That Guy With the Glasses, and I know that Busta's got a lot more than just chillin' in some Chris Brown songs.

Fuck Chris Brown, anyway.

Haha I expected nothing less of you! I just get slightly annoyed when people start bandwagonning a rapper because they heard him on the radio lol. I wish this was a place that more people listened to rap, so we can get some "WHAT ABOUT LIL WAYNE" arguments lol.

Urgh, I know. Except it's not just rappers, it's whenever people like someone just because the radio plays them all the time. There's no good (and I mean REALLY good) music on the radio anymore. Not nowadays. At least where I live :P

Haha I expected nothing less of you! I just get slightly annoyed when people start bandwagonning a rapper because they heard him on the radio lol. I wish this was a place that more people listened to rap, so we can get some "WHAT ABOUT LIL WAYNE" arguments lol.

Lol, Busta's older stuff is a lot better than that, and Lil' Wayne became shit since he released Tha Carter 3

Urgh, I know. Except it's not just rappers, it's whenever people like someone just because the radio plays them all the time. There's no good (and I mean REALLY good) music on the radio anymore. Not nowadays. At least where I live :P

It's where I live too. Literally the same 5 songs play over and over. I haven't actually listened to the radio (by my own will at least) for years because of this.

Lol, Busta's older stuff is a lot better than that, and Lil' Wayne became shit since he released Tha Carter 3

It's sad how many times we can say "their old stuff was better" when it comes to rappers. I honestly loved Lil Wayne's "No Ceilings" mixtape and some of his music before that (hell I even bump "We Be Steady Mobbin'" from time to time) but he totally sold out for CII and has been shit ever since. I respect his business side though. Guy isn't as retarded as people think.

Also I can't believe I forgot Andre 3000. Definitely deserves to be in the Honorable Mentions at least.

Donlan,

Donlan,

Donlan, Donlan, Donlan.

euPHr.jpg

lKUf3.png

My taste in rap is shitty (as in not very well-read/listened) and I would absolutely not be comfortable naming any people all time greats, but favorite peoples whose songs may contain rap:

Blackalicious

Gorillaz (not that they're neccessarily rappers themselves in the same way, per se, but I likey the music)

Gil Scott Heron? not a rapper in the usual sense but et cetera

Edit: oh yeah, Andre 3000, need to try more than like 3 or 4 songs though

I'd like to listen to more Aesop Rock (don't hurt me) and Soul Position, possibly more Atmosphere. Basically I know nossink

Edited by Rehab

Tupac,Biggie,Dr Dre,Eazy E,Snoop Dogg

I dont like the mainstream rap like Lil Wayne,Tyga, and Nicki Minaj

Honourable mention:Wiz Khalifa,spm (South Park Mexican),Nate Dogg,Too Short,B.O.B, French Montana,J Cole

Edited by DarkShuyin

1. Eminem. Infinite-Present, don't give me "he fell off" shit.

2. Tupac. Shouldn't really need an explanation...

3. Nas. Illmatic is amazing, and he created the best diss song of all time (Ether).

4. Jay-Z. Also should be pretty obvious.

5. Personally I'd put a lot of people here. Kanye, Tonedeff, Eazy-E among them.

Of all time. Of all time!!

Um...I kind of like Eminem but I doubt I'd consider him one of the top 5.

The Gorillaz for sure. Deltron 3030 sounded pretty good but I haven't heard that much of his stuff. I think Mike Shinoda did pretty well as part of Linkin Park but not so much on his own.

The only thing I know about rap is that I like it, but don't like most rappers. It's difficult

Tupac,Biggie,Dr Dre,Eazy E,Snoop Dogg

I dont like the mainstream rap like Lil Wayne,Tyga, and Nicki Minaj

Honourable mention:Wiz Khalifa,spm (South Park Mexican),Nate Dogg,Too Short,B.O.B, French Montana,J Cole

>Don't like mainstream rap

>Wiz Khalifa

I mean he's not quite the same as Weezy and Co., but he's still considered mainstream. Also half his songs don't sound good unless your high lol. I do like your list though. You sound like you like the old school and West Coast rap. You like Ice Cube as well?

1. Eminem. Infinite-Present, don't give me "he fell off" shit.

2. Tupac. Shouldn't really need an explanation...

3. Nas. Illmatic is amazing, and he created the best diss song of all time (Ether).

4. Jay-Z. Also should be pretty obvious.

5. Personally I'd put a lot of people here. Kanye, Tonedeff, Eazy-E among them.

Fifth spot was kinda hard for me as well, but I ended up going with Blackstar because they're some of the first rap I ever listened to, yet some of the best. I'm not saying Eminem fell off, but you have to admit Relapse was a total disappointment. Recovery wasn't too bad either, but now his rhymes and flow aren't quite the same anymore. I thought Infinite (the song) was really good, but I know a lot of people disagree with that. Also, did you know that Nas's Ether was actually supposed to be ever crazier, but the record company kept making him edit it?

Of all time. Of all time!!

Um...I kind of like Eminem but I doubt I'd consider him one of the top 5.

The Gorillaz for sure. Deltron 3030 sounded pretty good but I haven't heard that much of his stuff. I think Mike Shinoda did pretty well as part of Linkin Park but not so much on his own.

The only thing I know about rap is that I like it, but don't like most rappers. It's difficult

I could probably give you some suggestions if you want, but I'd need a better idea of what type of rap you like.

Various Japanese Rapper

That reminds me: Kreva did a song I like. I have no idea if I like his stuff as a whole though.

Maximum the Hormone should count

It goes, Reggie, Jay-Z, Tupac and Biggie, Andre from OutKast, Jada, Kurupt, Nas and then me.

1. Eminem

2. Tupac

3. Jay-Z

4. 50 Cent

5. Drake

50's older stuff is the best.

It goes, Reggie, Jay-Z, Tupac and Biggie, Andre from OutKast, Jada, Kurupt, Nas and then me.

1. Eminem

2. Tupac

3. Jay-Z

4. 50 Cent

5. Drake

50's older stuff is the best.

Ya'll steady trying to drown a shark.

Relapse was the only bad(ish) Eminem album. Listen to the lyrics on Recovery and tell me it's not straight fire. It's not the same style of rap, but it's sure telling a story. I'll agree his flow is a bit different now, with all the yelling, but if you get past that his lyrics haven't changed all too much.

I dont listen to much rap, when I do its usually like obscure shit. Tupac's amazing, king of rap obv. Eminem is meh, I used to listen to him. That guy Childish Gambino is also alright but other than that I dont listen to any others ._.