Best Prf Weapon?

BBM

Hard to say, but I'll give it for each game... (Skipping the NES as I have only done those 1 time each).

FE3: Rapier (Only one if I recall)

FE4: Holsety (30 attack, basically unlimited uses, +10 skill, +20 speed, 1-2 range, can potentially be used from the 1st chapter of generation 2)

FE5: Repair, if not staves then Pugi

FE6: Sword of Seals (The rapier was kind of shitty in this game)

FE7: Wolf Biel (Mana Katti is close)

FE8: Reginleaf

FE9: Ragnell (Despite coming late)

FE10: Amiti

FE11: Wing Spear

FE12: ^

Haven't done 13 yet.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grafcalibur? Meh.

Try Holsety. Or better yet, Sunflame or even Brenthunder if you want a SRPG magic tome that's broken or borders on it and enables some unpromoted characters to function offensively like Sety or the very best in TRS. Any version of Starlight is more essential than Grafcalibur, that's for sure. So's Aircalibur when it comes to effectiveness vs. flyers.

Mani Katti is also mediocre because of its owner, however forced she may be.

And I have to concur on Shramm > Dullahan. It may as well stay in Vega's inventory like his Prf weapon (even though it isn't, technically) since he's not seeing an earlier promotion or higher pure stats than Shigen in any kind of run with a mind for not screwing around turn-wise.

Graphcalibur has gotta be it. It's just too good. Gotten early, low weight, high damage, 1-2 range, extremely high crit rate, and deals magic damage which is huge in Thracia, probably huger than doing effective damage vs. Cavalry and Armors.

i agree with this

also pugi and hammerne are pretty cool

edit:

holsety is lolavailability

what the fuck is sunflame/brenthunder

explain to me when starlight has ever been prf

(etc)

Edited by Camtech

TearRing Saga, aka PlayStation FE.

Sunflame : 15 Mt, 100 Hit, 1-3 Rng, 10 Wt, 70 Dur, eff. vs. monsters, Def +10

Brenthunder : 12 Mt, 95 Hit, 7 Crt, 1-2 Rng, 4 Wt, 62 Dur, Hero effect

Starlight : 20 Mt, 97 Hit, 1-2 Rng, 12 Wt, 50 Dur, eff. vs. monsters, Avo +30

TearRing Saga, aka PlayStation FE.

Sunflame : 15 Mt, 100 Hit, 1-3 Rng, 10 Wt, 70 Dur, eff. vs. monsters, Def +10

Brenthunder : 12 Mt, 95 Hit, 7 Crt, 1-2 Rng, 4 Wt, 62 Dur, Hero effect

Starlight : 20 Mt, 97 Hit, 1-2 Rng, 12 Wt, 50 Dur, eff. vs. monsters, Avo +30

You forgot the Wundergust, which is inferior though, cause it doesn't have any effect like those personal tomes.

I've never played FE11, but are Cavs/Armours that difficult? Or is the Wing Spear just really pro and the effect is just extra?

...okay those are pretty fucking pro

availability?

Brenthunder has probably the most, starting from chapter 12 (40 chapters) while Starlight comes in chapter 9, but misses 11 to 16 and then some until you can choose to put Meriah on either team before right chapter 24.

Sunflame only appears in chapter 23, but the +10 defense bonus makes said Mage have a base defense of 16, 2 points short of the General that joins at the same chapter. 70 uses also make it rather spammable, especially when you consider it's going to get effective bonus fairly often.

Some of TearRing Saga's weapons are really funny. Playable mini Lopt Sword coming as early as chapter 4? 80 critical blade that protects against magic? A trio of stupidly powerful javelins? What about a crossbow that attacks four times per round?

sorry TRS fellaters but grafcalibur is still the best (prf tome)

it just kills bosses dead throughout the entire game, plain and simple

also sage is not a shitty class in FE5

Edited by dondon151

Or.........why don't you stop sucking Asvel's cock? He is like the Maruju of FE5........except overrated beyond belief. He is far from necessary. You don't need him to kill bosses in FE5 by hoping Grafcalibur criticals except it doesn't and Gomez/Baldack/Pauls/etc. just ORKOs him back like nothing in return. (Brenthunder is actually reliable at killing bosses from the jump.) And kills from that are far from guaranteed because his magic growth and base are unimpressive. He starts off kind of terrible, actually. You have to baby him to get kills before he can start doubling mooks with any reliability. And his durability + potential staff rank never really become 'good' either, whether you promote him early or not. LOL.

Sage is a good class in FE5.......that doesn't mean he's worth a spot later on unlike the other candidates.

Edited by FabledTome

Graficalibur.

But, I assume if I was speedier, hammerne would be crucial due to warping...?

The wing spear seems pretty loved but I feel wrong loving it when I've only played part of SD on a weak setting and none of FE12.

Brenthunder has probably the most, starting from chapter 12 (40 chapters) while Starlight comes in chapter 9, but misses 11 to 16 and then some until you can choose to put Meriah on either team before right chapter 24.

Sunflame only appears in chapter 23, but the +10 defense bonus makes said Mage have a base defense of 16, 2 points short of the General that joins at the same chapter. 70 uses also make it rather spammable, especially when you consider it's going to get effective bonus fairly often.

Some of TearRing Saga's weapons are really funny. Playable mini Lopt Sword coming as early as chapter 4? 80 critical blade that protects against magic? A trio of stupidly powerful javelins? What about a crossbow that attacks four times per round?

lol, Don't forget the sword that ignores defense.

Luna Sword Might-14 Hit-80 Crit-7 Weight-3 Wpnlvl-7 Uses-30, ignores defenses, can also be used as an healing item.

Edited by ☆ Holmes

holsety is lolavailability

Holsety is around for 7.5 out of 12 chapters, which relative to graphcalibur is pretty decent (consider that graphcalibur can't be repaired infinitely).

Maybe they were thinking of Aura, which was Linde exclusive in FE3?

Holsety is around for 7.5 out of 12 chapters, which relative to graphcalibur is pretty decent (consider that graphcalibur can't be repaired infinitely).

Topic says no FE4 Holy Weapons, so I would assume he's talking about FE5 Holsety which is around for 4 chapters out of 30-something (3 if you skip 24x and 5 if you count 4x I guess) compared to Graphcalibur which you have from 4x onwards

Edited by Silvercrow

Maybe they were thinking of Aura, which was Linde exclusive in FE3?

TRS.

Graphcalibur always criticals on pursuit when it connects on an enemy that has nothing to negate it (IE every goddamn enemy besides a Barat holding the Tordo scroll and whatever other few instances may exist that I can't be bothered to recall right now, if any). There's no "hoping" for a crit when there's 40 x 3 (PCC) = 120 already counted without assuming Asvel's SKL.

Edited by Sirius

TRS.

Graphcalibur always criticals on pursuit when it connects on an enemy that has nothing to negate it (IE every goddamn enemy besides a Barat holding the Tordo scroll and whatever other few instances may exist that I can't be bothered to recall right now, if any). There's no "hoping" for a crit when there's 40 x 3 (PCC) = 120 already counted without assuming Asvel's SKL.

And bosses really like master weapons, most of which are 1~2 range and get their own two squishy unit killer attacks in first............

Are you deliberately attacking bosses that have "decent" hit rates without supports/charisma just to try to say that bad luck makes Graphcalibur bad? We're all aware of the abundance of Master weapons among enemy bosses, most units in the game suffers from this but not all of them are gonna be using a weapon that isn't targeting that one stat being incremented by 10 (in addition to actually being high in many cases) due to thrones/gates.

Edited by Sirius

Are you deliberately attacking bosses that have "decent" hit rates without supports/charisma just to try to say that bad lack makes Graphcalibur?

Asvel doesn't have particularly impressive evasion against bosses even with his supports/Charisma on top of his durability sucking balls. And of course enemy leadership likes to trump/negate Leaf's. Maybe if you add a bonus from terrain it becomes alright but that sure doesn't come into play often when you have to face a FE5 boss.........near the end there are arcane type tiles to boost resistance like Radiant Dawn's, sure, but then it's a cinch for anyone and definitely one of the many other magicians to take advantage of. It's as 'valid' a point in Asvel's favor as it is to dismiss Salem just because dark magic is absurdly heavy (tl;dr? it isn't). Nanna being in range certainly isn't a guarantee either. He can't frontline or get exposed to the amount of enemies like melee and other magicians (maybe even high priest Tina) can due to not standing out in defense, supports, (critical) evasion or magic for the most part.

A majority of the bosses in the game are armored or mounted. They don't get paranoid enough to value class-effective over master weaponry themselves. And there's no effective weaponry against a promoted infantry or a promoted dismounted unit that has durability that can stand up to two attacks from a master weapon, the sort of durability that comes into play often. Or something else like a grand surplus in evasion. i.e. Karin has GREAT evasion and considerable magic to threaten any boss, save rare exceptions like Leidrick or some dark bishop, with a resistance-targeting sword.

You don't need him to kill bosses in FE5 by hoping Grafcalibur criticals

uh yes you do

what the fuck else are you going to do about +10 def gate/throne bonuses which grafcalibur ignores

certainly you can try to power through with pugi except you do far less damage on a critical hit with far lower hit rates (and mercenary has lower move than sage too so that's another point against othin)

so what other good options do you have? a trained marita, and that's about it. and marita sucks ass for awhile. (actually i guess fergus @ armorslayer works too but i've never actually gotten the chapter 3 armorslayer)

except it doesn't and Gomez/Baldack/Pauls/etc. just ORKOs him back like nothing in return.

uh what

gomez doesn't ORKO asvel (asvel is neither doubled nor OHKO'd at 10/1 on average) and asvel is basically your only option for killing the guy, 2HKOing with grafcalibur and holy water

you don't ever have to face baldack or paulus

every other boss with a master weapon has less than a 10% chance of ORKOing asvel if you're stacking charisma and supports, and if they have more than a 10% chance, then you're not going to care anyway because you're probably warpskipping and resetting all you want

And kills from that are far from guaranteed because his magic growth and base are unimpressive. He starts off kind of terrible, actually. You have to baby him to get kills before he can start doubling mooks with any reliability.

asvel has the highest move of combat units in chapter 5 (tied with leaf and machua), has 1-2 range (which only leaf has), and grafcalibur 2HKOs everything on the map while still leaving him with 4 AS. he has 100% spd growth with the sety scroll and will be able to double consistently with thunder after only 3-4 level ups. what's this about a terrible start?

LOL.

aren't you the guy who's proud of being racist and misogynistic

my god, are you retarded

Sage is a good class in FE5.......that doesn't mean he's worth a spot later on unlike the other candidates.

what are you smoking, sage is the best indoor class in FE5

see the funny thing here is that certain people are trying to argue the merits of mages in TRS when they are the movement equivalent of dismounted cavalry i.e. terrible

Edited by dondon151

And bosses really like master weapons, most of which are 1~2 range and get their own two squishy unit killer attacks in first............

Master weapons are also extremely inaccurate and don't start showing up until rather late in the game. In fact, you don't have to fight a boss with a Master weapon until 16A. And Brook will only have about ~40 hit on Asvel. And he needs to hit twice. And if Asvel crits or procs Continue he kills without having to take a counter.

Master weapons are also extremely inaccurate and don't start showing up until rather late in the game. In fact, you don't have to fight a boss with a Master weapon until 16A. And Brook will only have about ~40 hit on Asvel. And he needs to hit twice. And if Asvel crits or procs Continue he kills without having to take a counter.

brook is going to have less hit on asvel because there is a forest tile that just happens to be at a convenient place

brook is going to have less hit on asvel because there is a forest tile that just happens to be at a convenient place

Yes. I also forgot the possibility of engaging Brook at 1 range because the Master Lance has 10 less hit than the Master Bow...