The Resistance IV

Tables

So one can assume that Proto simply disagreed with the members selected for this mission.

Oddly enough, this intrigues me most of all. Marth had been in the bushes most of the time, and I see more concern with Rein supporting this group, as he is in it. You all know my mixed feelings. Kay hasn't said much of anything too.

Can ask why/what you would suggest, Protoman?

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe I mentioned before that I thought myself, Rein, BBM, and Proto would be a good team choice. That is basically the same, but I'd like to hear why Proto voted no to the last proposal.

I'd prefer if the team was Rein, BBM, Proto, and myself. Marth's "whatever" votes were mad suspicious, and I'm voting no to anything he's in. Eli is meh.

Yea, you said that right here. I totally forgot about this post :/

But yea, Proto still concerns me, and needs to explain himself.

Furthermore, I'm on board for a proposal including Kay/Marth, excluding Rien, and including BBM. BBM explained his feelings for Rein, and I share them.

I won't lie; I've been suspicious of Rein since our failure. He jumped on me and BBM for supporting the mission instead of declining it for information, then supports this one? Granted he said we were new, but I can't help but feel like there is a contradiction there.

As for Proto, I still want an explanation, as I'm sure several others besides Kay would like.

But I find it suspicious that Rein voted yes for the first mission proposal of Round 3 after all he said about getting information about voting trends. It can't be because he was in it, because he specifically said how me and Elieson were new, so it made sense for us to vote yes for a mission we were in. Seeing as he is not a new player, that clearly does not apply to him. Besides, he voted no the last time he was in on a mission.

I wouldn't have made the proposal with that team if I didn't think it had at least a pretty good chance of working out.

I wouldn't have made the proposal with that team if I didn't think it had at least a pretty good chance of working out.

You came to that conclusion already?

I'm not really sure what you're trying to get across there, Eli. I voted no for information. Why is that ever such a bad thing? Getting information going is key. We have very little to look at in voting patterns so early, and all we know for sure, about 2/5ths of the way through the game, is that at least 1 of me, you, and BBM is a spy. I fail to see how me voting for more information makes me more likely to be a spy than anyone else, because it doesn't.

I meant to say, you aren't going by this statement because you have already acquired all the information you need?

How is that logic different from what I used to justify my team, which I voted yes for, but which you basically said only a newbie would say yes to?

This is why I think it's a bad idea to vote no to get more voting trends. You might very well be resistance, but because 2/3 of your votes had nothing to do with who was in the mission, I have no idea what YOUR voting trends are. All I know is that you thought that a team of me, you, Proto, and Marth either had 0 or 2 spies. If you are a resistance member and it's the former, you think the scumteam is Elieson + Kay. If it's the latter, you think it's me + Proto/Marth.

And Proto, get in here. You made one post that contributed, and that's it. That post was all good and logical, but I read the last Resistance thread, and that's exactly how you played there, except you were a great deal more active.

Proto's been busy, he'll post when he has time. It's annoying that he's not talking about stuff, but I wouldn't call it suspicious.

Marth, on the other hand, definitely needs to get in here. And not do things just for the heck of it. Doing silly random things = inconsistency = looking very very suspicious. If you're Resistance, make some effort to look like it, suspecting you will cause trouble otherwise.

I'm not jumping down Proto's throat, I'm just really anxious to hear what he has to say. His last speech was really detailed, and I'd like to see his position on the current vote situation.

Marth does need to explain himself.

I suppose I might need to explain myself more too (I'm not sure if I'm wording things in a way that everyone can understand, I'm trying though :/)

Kay, I know where you stand. BBM too.

And Rein, I feel he needs to explain himself even moreso than Marth at this point. His jump on me and BBM, then voting yes (granted it was his own say) when he said that voting no will give you more time to analyze voting patterns (and since there were 2 prior to this), really concerns me. Why would he say one thing and do another like that, and so quickly too?

Sorry, I was busy for quite a while, and the internet seems to have completely died down in my room. I voted No for the last mission because well, I had no idea what Kay was gonna do. You see, In the Spotlight is Kay's card, and she should really use it. Because it's a complete waste when there are two failures. If I understand the card correctly, the targeted player has to declare whether he's cooperating or sabotaging the mission. He will be fully aware that he is "in the spotlight", so it's quite obvious that the target will cooperate in this situation. The problem is, Kay herself seems suspicious to me. We are relying on her decision with the card. She didn't even declare who she'll use the card on, if she'll even use it. If she's a Spy, she would not have used the card on the other Spy, thus allowing the mission to get sabotaged. There should be a whole lot more discussion behind what team to send before said team is actually sent.

Also, keep in mind that In the Spotlight can actually be a bad thing, if the team being sent consists of two Spies. Rather than hope for a chance of a double sabotage (which clears two people), In the Spotlight can easily force a Spy to cooperate while the other one sabotages the mission without having to worry about anything. Furthermore, if Kay is in the mission and she's a Spy, she's not going to use the card on herself unless we force her to (even if she's Resistance, she'll learn nothing by putting herself in the spotlight), which means she can sabotage the mission. Despite this, I still see Marth as being scummier than Kay. In fact, I probably wouldn't object to a team of me, Reinfleche, BBM, and Elieson, even though it's guaranteed to have a Spy, since we can try to identify the Spy using Kay's card.

Also, Marth should seriously get on and try to clear up the suspicions about him. I don't even know if his earlier votes were his own decision or randomly chosen from inactivity, and he should get here and confirm it.

And I think every single player should post exactly who they want on the next team (either 3 or 4 players) as well as which player should be in the spotlight (if they think the card should be used, that is). Preferably with reasons attached. We need everyone's input to win this.

I'm supporting the idea of a team with Reinfleche+BigBangMeteor+Marth+Proto, with the card being used on Marth. Yes, that's the exact same team I voted No to, because there needs to be more discussion. Everyone else, please post your own choice of teams.

I'm somewhat unsure about Proto voting No to a team he's that much in favor of just to get discussion, but overall he's making more sense than the rest of us put together, so my original team suggestion stands. That's what I'm gonna officially propose if nobody can come up with a good argument against it.

I tried to ask who I should use In The Spotlight on. People didn't seem that interested in giving me any ideas of what to do. I'm not being secretive about what I'm doing with it, the other players are being apathetic.

the other players are being apathetic.

Hey, I'm trying!

But anyway, I'm not too excited about looking for a failure, but Proto makes a really good point. If we identify a spy with the card, and the mission is double sabotage'd, we narrow it down to 3 peoplr gaurenteed to not being a spy, and assure us a 2-2 score to enter the final mission with. I like that, because then even though it's a 1/5 chance to fail, we could still potentially get another card that could benefit us even more. (we will get 2 more by making it to the final mission). Even if we identify a supporter in a double sabotage, we still learn 2 of 3 who are spies, still leaving us with 3 people in the clear to take on the other 3 man mission.

That being said, it is still risky. It's only a 50/50 that the card will even target a sabotuer in the ideal circumstance, and if it's a single sab, then it's even worse.

We benefit most from a double sab, but I hate having to lose a point. It's for the greater good though, and in order to win this thing, we need to lose a battle to have a reasonable chance to win the war.

If we are going for a double sabotage for informations sake, I'd go with a team of Rein, Marth, Kay, and BBM, and the card on Rein.

Reasoning? We know that at least one of me, BBM, and Rein is a spy, but least one of Proto, Kay, and Marth is not. We are more likely to catch a sabotuer if it's used on BBM or Rein. Why Rein? As I said earlier, his condescending and hypocritical statements came off as suspicious to me.

But we don't actually catch the spy if we use the card on them. The person with the card on them KNOWS they have the card on them. So if they ARE a spy, it'll force them to co-operate on any mission that is not a game-winner for them. But even if it hit a Resistance member, they would co-operate too. So using it doesn't tell us who a spy is in that way.

Instead of using it on someone we find suspicious, we should use it on someone we're up in the air about. Say we go with a team of 3, Proto (whom I think is the towniest person after myself), Rein (whom I think is the most suspicious), and Elieson/Kay/Marth/BBM. We use the card on the 3rd person, which will basically force them to co-operate. If we are sure that Proto is not going to sabotage either, if the mission still fails, we have Rein as a confirmed spy. If it goes through, we know that either Rein is not a spy, or that he did not want to out himself as such and thus co-operated.

If we want to do the 4-man mission, it's the same principle, but we need two people we are sure are resistance instead.

Keep in mind that if there are not 1/2 people we are not at least 90% sure are resistance, this whole plan falls through.

well, Kay hasn't been online for 13 hours :/ Proto even longer. Rein hasn't said much of anything, though I know he's been online.

Eli, remember that if the spies double sabotage, we'll get information, but the remaining missions will have to be perfect afterwards, and we'll still need another 4-man mission. I'm saying a double sabotage would be preferable to a single sabotage, not that failing a mission is a good plan. Because personally, I don't think that's worthwhile.

Gonna make a final proposal later tonight. I'll probably stick to my own plan or go with a not-yet-posted suggestion, since Proto's plan is good, but he's the next leader anyway.

Proposal 3.1: ApocalypseArisen, BigBangMeteor, Kay, Luster Purge

What do you guys want me to do with In The Spotlight? I don't like wasting it FMPOV on myself but if that's what the rest of you want I'll do it. I'd prefer to use it on BBM or Rein.

I highly suggest Rein. Take it as you will, but I'm positive that at least one of the two (the other being BBM) is a spy.

I'd also request being on the mission in place of BBM, for the sake of pursuing a successful mission. BBM pointed out in his previous post something I didn't think of (that the success/fail vote is made after the target player is in "The Spotlight", not before). You could use the card on me, I don't care. But we aren't going to learn anything new if you use it on me.

I still don't know of P/K/M. In fact, I'm still a but suspicious of Marth. But right now, I'm much more suspicious of Rein, and to a lesser extent, BBM. But I've repeated my position on this several times.

My suggestion:

Rein w. Card - Proto - Kay - Elieson (or BBM, if you prefer. It's your call)

Also, it's actually Proposal 3.2, but whatever.

Bleh. Copypasted it and forgot to change the number.

Gonna use my card on Rein if this proposal is successful.

Round 3.2: Mission 3.

Team: BigBangMeteor, apocalypseArisen, Kay, Luster Purge,

Yes: Elieson, BigBangMeteor, apocalypseArisen, Kay, Luster Purge, Marth,

No:

Result: Yes - 6, No - 0

Proposal passes

Kay uses in the Spotlight on ApocalypseArisen.

AA: Post your mission card choice into the thread.

BigBangMeteor, Kay, Luster Purge,: If AA is a spy and sabotages, I'll assume you all play a Co-operate (because obviously optimal). Please give me your orders assuming that AA plays a Co-operate

Also Proto/Luster Purge has asked to be subbed out. Subs being asked to join now

Edited by Tableskitty