The Resistance IV

Tables

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every single person voted yes? Either we have a spy not named Rein in the team, or the spies both thought that voting no would seem suspicious. We'll see, I guess...

Since Rein is cooperating, that doesn't tell us anything really. It just forced the cooperation of a questionable teammate, that we anticipated either way.

Wait, wha?

Every single person voted yes? Either we have a spy not named Rein in the team, or the spies both thought that voting no would seem suspicious. We'll see, I guess...

You're fogetting the 3rd option. There's also the possibility that the 2nd spy isn't on the team for this mission.

Honestly, I agree with the first, though i think we're about to get stuck playing catch-up.

I did cover that option. If Spy 1 is Rein and Spy 2 is Marth/Elieson, the only reason they would vote yes would be to blend in, because Rein was obviously going to co-operate. If Spy 1 is BBM/Proto/Kay and Spy 2 is Marth/Elieson, then, like I said, we have a spy other than Rein also in the team.

K eclipse. Let's get your take on this.

Also remember, you're included in this mission, so you need to respond to your RolePM to confirm if you support/sabotage the mission before we can progress, since the proposal was already submitted.

Round 3: Mission 3 Results

Co-operate

Co-operate

Co-operate

Sabotage

Mission fails. Score is now Resistance - 1, Spy - 2

Leadership passes to eclipse (that could be fun...).

eclipse draws the plot card Strong Leader

Strong Leader

Give this card to any other player. That player may discard this card at any point (now or later in the game) before plot or team cards have been distributed to become the leader.

eclipse: Give Strong Leader to someone else.

Everyone else: Discuss Strong Leader, discuss what else

eclipse, as you've only just joined the game, I'll give you a little longer to get read up and make a choice.

Crap. Exactly what I hoped would not happen, happened.

Ok. I dunno how to pull out from this deficit.

So Mission 2 told us that either Elieson, BBM, or Rein is a spy.

Mission 3 told us either Kay, Proto/Eclipse, or BBM is a spy.

The common thread here is me, obviously, but as I know that I am not a spy, in my mind, that clears Marth, because two different spies were behind the two failings, leaving no place for Marth.

Marth can only be a spy if I am, so if you guys trust me, Marth is cleared and should be on the next mission.

TBH, I don't know what's up with Rein. He posted to co-operate, and he messaged to say yes for the mission, but he's made no attempt to defend himself. This either means he's given up, or that he doesn't think that we can pull back even if we have him as an almost confirmed spy. That would imply that the second spy is someone that most people have said they trust. IMO, the people that have been on most people's townie lists, from what I can gather, are Proto and I. I know I'm not a spy, so my gut is pointing to a Proto + Rein spyteam, but it could also be Kay + Rein.

Therefore, I would spring for a team consisting of Elieson, Kay/BBM, and Marth. I would prefer myself, but if you guys don't think I'm trustworthy, having been on both failed missions... that's up to you.

Proto = Eclipse now, BBM.

But I agree. Marth is clearly not a spy. With BBM being on 2 failed missions, I don't know if he can exactly be trusted. Rein has been suspicious from the getgo of our first failed mission, and continues to do so.

Leaving Kay, myself, and Proto Eclipse. All we know from this bunch is that everyone but Marth has been on a mission, and one of the 3 of us has been on a failed mission, and could've sab'd.

In order to succeed, we need a 2 clear missions. I propose the next (and last) mission to include me and Marth. The other person, i don't feel should be Rein, and unfortunately for BBM, he's been on 2 failed missions (and 1 passed mission). Probably looking at Kay for the next mission, unless Eclipse can give us a reason to have her on it.

Oh, might as well point this out as someone else would soon anyway: Only mission 4 is available to be selected this round. The resistance has not passed two missions yet, and so cannot select mission 5 (I don't think you'd want to anyway). Missions 1-3 have been attempted, so only mission 4 is available.

This means the mission targeting variant's sum use was choosing to do missions in the normally specified order. What a great change to the game :P!

This means the mission targeting variant's sum use was choosing to do missions in the normally specified order. What a great change to the game :P!

WAT?

I would also request the next mission proposal not to include me. I've been in on both of them so far, while neither Kay nor Marth have been part of a proposal.

I'm not really sure, I never trusted you after you posted this, BBM. So while I appreciate that you're clearing me, I'm only cleared if you're not spy.

Either ways, I've been thinking for a long time that the scum team was BBM/Kay. I'm not sure on BBM, but I felt that Kay just took advantage of my 'whatever' reasoning on the first mission. If this is the reason to out me in every other mission, well then, I'm sorry but that's stupid.

I'd like to think that Elieson and I are confirmed resistance, so that leaves for the third resistance operative. Rein hasn't done good at all, I know. In fact I get a feeling there were two spies in that mission, considering that Rein got the 'In the spotlight' card on him. Eclipse doesn't seem to be a spy, but I'm not good at telling the difference just yet.

I'd like to trust you, BBM, but I kinda just... don't. I mean, you're making a fair amount of sense and all, but FMPOV you're pretty likely to be a spy. Marth is looking a bit better but I don't regret distrusting him, sorry Marth. If scum could say they were acting inconsistent because of apathy and be left alone about it then that would just be dumb.

Eli, Marth, and me would be my preferred team for this mission. Rein, you need to get in here and talk, being active during the first mission does not count as activity all game and so I'm kind of losing my reason to not be as suspicious of you. I'd like Eclipse to talk too but she has an excuse, so meh.

That card does not look particularly useful. >_>

What was wrong with that post? I wanted to see how people would react to proposals involving you or Kay, because none has been made, and therefore I also asked to be out of it to allow more space for you or Kay to be in the proposal.

I'm about 60% sure the scumteam is Rein + Proto/eclipse. I'll say no to a proposal with Eclipse in it. Another thing backing up my hunch is that Rein said he thought Proto was resistance. It doesn't mean much, because just about everyone thought that, but... blah. Rein said nothing about anyone except that. Another thing is that Proto voted No for the mission with Marth, but Yes for the same mission with Kay instead. If he was a resistance member, that makes sense only if he thought Kay was more trustworthy than Marth. If he was a spy, however, it could also be because he didn't want to do a mission with 2 spies on it. However, once it became clear that the card was being used on Rein, and that people trusted him, he voted yes.

Gah, Proto made so few posts it's difficult to tell. And Rein... I don't even know what he's up to. I've seen him post a few times in SFMM2, so I know he's there and at least capable of making one-liners. >_>

I'm 100% sure that you guys are playing this wrong. What Rein meant to say way back when was that the more missions that are vetoed, the more we can learn about voting patterns. However, you are ALL doing a terrible job of it. Proto voted no in Mission 2.1 because he wasn't on it (or that's what his role PM said), and didn't justify much else. Sorry.

Tables, can I request an extension? The reason why is because. . .

All of you justify each and every vote you've made so far. The only person who's done a half-decent job of this is Rein, and I really don't like the fact that Mission 3.2 was unanimously passed. This is in lieu of the fact that way too many missions have passed; I don't like choosing a team of three when I've got four sets of votes to draw from, and one was unanimous.

Proposal 1.1

Voted yes because I didn't really feel like spending extra time getting info that is absolutely meaningless and the team didn't matter anyway.

Proposal 2.1

Voted yes because BBM and Rein were both being helpful at the time and I was not really thinking that straight otherwise because concussions totally suck. In retrospect I should probably have voted no for more info.

Proposal 3.1

Voted no because Marth's "whatever" thing seemed way too scummy and I didn't want him on the team.

Proposal 3.2

Obviously I would approve of the team I chose, and I wanted a team I was okay with to be used so I wasn't gonna mess around getting info and let leadership get passed along to potential spies for not much of a reason.

Proposal 1.1

It sounds bad, but I voted no for no reason really. Perhaps it was lack of interest, and I thought any vote would do.

Proposal 2.1

Voted yes because Elieson and BBM seemed quite trustworthy, at least everyone thought so. People started suspecting me based off my vote, so I voted yes. Tbh, I didn't really care this phase either.

Proposal 3.1

I started forming opinions only from this phase onwards. Started finding Kay and BBM suspicious for reasons I've stated. Voted yes because I wanted to see if that'd help me find out if I'm right.

Proposal 3.2

Votes yes because I felt no one would agree with a No, and hoped I'd get somethign from it anyway.

Eclipse: I already mentioned I'd give you extra time as you needed to catch up with the game. But yes, extension granted. Let's tentatively say, aim to give the card out within about 60 hours of this post (2 1/2 days)

1.1 : I voted yes because I came up with the team myself, and expected a completion based on out being mission 1. No reason was given for me to trust or not trust anyone.

2.1 Same as 1.1. I trusted BBM for being on a successful mission and myself for obvious reasons. Plus, I hadn't gotten a reason not to trust Rein yet.

3.1 Yea, I figured a mission where we catch 2 sabotuers was important. I can't remember who pointed it out, but I agreed with it.

3.2 upon misunderstanding Kay's card, I now think we should have switched Marth and myself for Rein/BBM. My fault for deciding on my vote before I understood. Crappy reason I know, but it's the truth.