Guidebook details (out 18th May)

It depends if we're lucky. NOJ hasn't added any wallpapers or background info for this game on the official site and Fire Emblem World, so I doubt we'll get anything from them.

Hopefully somebody will be able to provide a clearer scan of the guidebook or maybe NOE/NOA might provide? I was thinking of grabbing the guidebook, but YesAsia hasn't added the guidebook I want to buy and both guidebooks seem a bit disappointing anyway no growths = no buy (so I'm not sure about paying $30 for a handful of new artwork and maybe clearer character portraits) : (

Personally I'm quite fond of Sumia's solo OA as well ^^

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate it when they use Letter Grades as a way to gauge growth rates

Personally I don't mind it. Growth rates don't matter hugely to me, especially in a game with infinite experience which lets me test out characters on my own. Also, it takes away the temptation to spend way too much time comparing different characters' growth rates to get the perfect team. Where's the fun in that?

Personally I don't mind it. Growth rates don't matter hugely to me, especially in a game with infinite experience which lets me test out characters on my own. Also, it takes away the temptation to spend way too much time comparing different characters' growth rates to get the perfect team. Where's the fun in that?

Some of us would like to know which characters are worth the decidedly finite easy-to-acquire exp in lunatic or lunatic+.

Some of us would like to know which characters are worth the decidedly finite easy-to-acquire exp in lunatic or lunatic+.

Okay, I get that, but it doesn't really diminish my point: even in lunatic, it's surely possible to get every character up to the maximum level because the skirmishes are infinite (unless there are no skirmishes in lunatic, which if the case, I didn't know). If it's not, then the characters that aren't 'worth' it are likely to get killed anyway, so you'll go on to use another unit whom hopefully you will be able to use more effectively. That's what I mean by testing them yourself. I never look at growth rates, and I always manage to finish the games.

Okay, I get that, but it doesn't really diminish my point: even in lunatic, it's surely possible to get every character up to the maximum level because the skirmishes are infinite (unless there are no skirmishes in lunatic, which if the case, I didn't know). If it's not, then the characters that aren't 'worth' it are likely to get killed anyway, so you'll go on to use another unit whom hopefully you will be able to use more effectively. That's what I mean by testing them yourself. I never look at growth rates, and I always manage to finish the games.

Skirmishes are infinite, but scented boxes cost 4800G, and skirmishes on even the prologue map (which for comparison has level 5 enemies or so in normal mode) has level 17+ enemies with forged weapons and lunatic-appropriate stats.

Skirmishes are fine for getting already-good characters up to ridiculous levels, but are terrible for getting low-leveled characters up to competence.

GAH! Someone find Sariya's OA! The suspense is killing me!

I haven't looked, but don't expect to find it there.

Granted...

Lucina's

artwork was revealed out of the blue, but she's a more important character than Sariya sadly.

Meanwhile, Sumia and Sumia+Liz were already shown off in some form.

I'm pretty sure these are personal growth rates , because I've seen Fred as GK gain +2 hp which indicates an over 100% growth (or B means you have over 100% growth in that stat? )

Krom and Liz have A/B rank growths for Luck, yet their growths in that stat are definitely below 100%. So unless the rankings are different for different stats, which I doubt, they're definitely personal growth rates.

That is SUCH a beautiful artwork, and I love how it includes the mask.

That it is.

One word: Ronan

Wait.

Renha is unlockable, but isn't on MU's support list?

Somehow I suspected that Renha would be unlockable. Obviously Intelligent Systems wouldn't make such a big deal about Sairi loving her brother but fighting against him if they weren't going to let people play as him later. Anyone got his base stats? But that's odd...MU can support anyone, so why not Renha? Makes no sense.

Is there any more official art in the scans of the guidebook? Or do we only have Lucina and Sumia as of right now?

Renha is most definitely on MU's support list. We identified Gangrel, Valhart, Emelina, Renha, Inverse, and the mystery guy, in that order.

This artwork is so amazing. I can't wait to see the full art work for the rest of the characters..

The growth rates are interesting. I can't help but think of school grade percentages when seeing them.. A is 90+ and above, B is 80-89, c is 70-79, etc...

I wonder how close they are to that?

This artwork is so amazing. I can't wait to see the full art work for the rest of the characters..

The growth rates are interesting. I can't help but think of school grade percentages when seeing them.. A is 90+ and above, B is 80-89, c is 70-79, etc...

I wonder how close they are to that?

AFAIK,

It would seem that they're 0-20, 20-40,...80-100. These growths are then added to the class growths.

These normally range on the higher side, it would seem.

Edited by Bryan

wait so MU has a low MAG growth? othin how often did your MU gain magic? aauuugh now im worried my dark mage FEMU isnt going to be up to par with other magesangry.gif

so noone saw if there were class growths yet?

Edited by Dark Nocturne

wait so MU has a low MAG growth? othin how often did your MU gain magic? aauuugh now im worried my dark mage FEMU isnt going to be up to par with other magesangry.gif

I don't think that has the best/worst stat applied to it.

Besides, there are class growths probably too, so it should be fine. :)

i hope so...although i may swap to swordmaster for a bit for astra... sounds like a good skill to have if i can use it in any class hehehe tho i kinda like the dark mage skill better.... hmmm maybe dark peg dark knight then sage?i want my unit with a mag cap of 50 hehehe.... omg i cant wait till this gets here.... damn you slow ass post office!!!!!!!!!

I imagine these are their base growths where the class growths have to still be added.

It could be like a single rank is a 20% marge

E = 0-20%

D = 20-40%

C = 40-60%

B = 60-80%

A = 80-100%

Class growths still have to be added after this. (assuming class growth have luck = 0% by default).

If Class growths aren't above 20% each then you could get some resonable numbers.

For example if we take the great knight's growths to be. HP:20, Str:15, Mag:0, Skl:10, Spd:5, Lck:0, Def:15, Res:0

(which should be reasonable enough for a armored class that is not AS bulky as the general who would get the full 20%)

and then take Frederick's numbers and take the middle ground on all of the stats.

HP : B 70% + 20% = 90%

Str: C 50% + 15% = 65%

Mag: E 10% + 00% = 10%

Skl: C 50% + 10% = 60%

Spd: D 30% + 05% = 35%

Lck: C 50% + 00% = 50%

Def: C 50% + 15% = 65%

Res: E 10% + 00% = 10%

While this is all theory it's a pretty good assumption for now. It would explain the higher growths found by Arvilino and make both the base growths of a character as well as the class growths an important factor in raising a unit.

Frederick's HP growth is well over 100%. Based on how much he gains +2 HP, I'd say there's no way it's less than 120%.

I suspect the 20% scale for the growth ranks is accurate, but we should be using the FE11/12 scale to estimate the sort of class growths we'll be looking at: http://serenesforest.net/fe12/class_growth.html

so noone saw if there were class growths yet?

Mu MUs have done fine with Mag, although my female MU who specialized in Spd and focused on tomes got more Str than Mag. She got enough Mag, though: she's a Dark Pegasus right now and is destroying everything.

It seems like somebody tried to decipher the growth rates from the histograms. They say they're not sure if some (or all) of the numbers are wrong, but maybe they're on the right track?

@ChinaFE

Children's growths = (Father's growths + Mother's growths + Personal growths) / 3

Class growths are towards the bottom.