Furetchen turns his hand to balancing FE7!

Parrhesia

Yessss Furet. I'll play this patch for sure.

I have two suggestions, one to make archers better, and another to the sol katti.

First, I think all bows should have 2-3 range. It makes Archers unable to be countered by mages/ hand axes/ javs/ and makes them all around better.

Second, Screw the Sol Katti. Give Lyn the Murgleis. Why does she get a lame weapon compared to Armads/Durandal/Forblaze? It's lammmme. Heck, I'd give Eliwood the Malte, and Pent be able to use Forblaze, he is Athos' pupil after all, but that's just me.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh why? Sage (Limstella) class has the same base staff as regular female sages

I might be wrong, but I think Limstella has hardcoded "S" ranks in Anima and Staves. Aside from Athos and Nergal, she's the only character ingame with multiple S ranks, so this'd make Nino significantly more valuable.

As far as Nino being the only F mage, I wasn't sure if there would be character class changes or not. I only skimmed the topic.

Edited by Adolf Klokler

I might be wrong, but I think Limstella has hardcoded "S" ranks in Anima and Staves. Aside from Athos and Nergal, she's the only character ingame with multiple S ranks, so this'd make Nino significantly more valuable.

Yes because Nino is going to reach S in both anima and staves right?

Oh

Wait

I meant that she'd get auto-S ranks upon promotion. Think before you post.

Oh, I also haven't hacked in like 3 years so even though I know FEXP can gain multiple S ranks upon promotion (Set weapon levels to 255 upon promotion), I'm not 100% clear on whether romhacking can.

I meant that she'd get auto-S ranks upon promotion. Think before you post.

I was under the impression that it just allowed her to cap both weapons. I'm checking the site right now and Sage (Limstella) only has an E rank in staves at base. Archsage and Dark Druid? Base staff rank is S.

As far as Nino being the only F mage, I wasn't sure if there would be character class changes or not. I only skimmed the topic.

Only one is Marcus to Hero.

I'll just change the F Sage promotion to have C Staves, then.

Second, Screw the Sol Katti. Give Lyn the Murgleis. Why does she get a lame weapon compared to Armads/Durandal/Forblaze? It's lammmme.

That fucks with the plot unnecessarily, I'd have to discard an animation, etc. etc. ... I'd just rather not. Besides, archery is distinctly her secondary calling.

First, I think all bows should have 2-3 range. It makes Archers unable to be countered by mages/ hand axes/ javs/ and makes them all around better.

I'm doing this (mostly; Shortbows are just 2-range) for my own hack. But this is just a balance patch and I'd like to keep things relatively minimal. Sniper was a strong class in FE12. I'd like to see it be at least up to par here.

Edited by Furetchen

How about this for Luna?

C-rank

5 might

80 hit

5 0 crit

12 weight

This way it isn't a license for HHM druids to have up to 20%~ chance to OHKO any unit. But it's still dangerous in that they do a bit more damage now. It also means the player can make better use of it through the game on Canas(since Flux was almost always better despite being a much cheaper, lighter and lower ranked Tome).

Edited by arvilino

Actually yeah 0 crit probably better. I wasn't too sure about proposing the total removal of crit since none of the Dark Tomes would have a higher crit rate weapon which Light(all of them) and Anima(Thunder) have.

With +5 might Athos is still by far the best Fire Dragon damage dealer with 45 damage after Filla's Might.

Except for the fact that Athos can't use Dark Magic anymore, as outlined in the first post of the thread.

Actually yeah 0 crit probably better. I wasn't too sure about proposing the total removal of crit since none of the Dark Tomes would have a higher crit rate weapon which Light(all of them) and Anima(Thunder) have.

Dark simply needs a better variety of "regular" non-effect tomes. How about making Fenrir have a little crit boost?

Ah, great. This definitely looks fun and interesting, considering I was waiting for a good balance hack.

I think you and I have similar minds when it comes to balancing :O

Edited by Alpha Kenny Thingthatmoves

I feel like Karla's still kinda crappy. She has worse strength than a decent number of characters that join a lot earlier and swordlock/footie move on top of it. Sure she's faster than most people, but she's basically Jaffar who joins 2-3 chapters later with worse offense.

Otherwise, looks pretty good.

To be fair, it's probably an impossible task to completely balance out everything. Karla's in a pretty bad class as is, but changing it messes with her story. At least her stats are usable now, unlike... whatever shit she had before.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

To be fair, it's probably an impossible task to completely balance out everything. Karla's in a pretty bad class as is, but changing it messes with her story. At least her stats are usable now, unlike... whatever shit she had before.

You could always giver her an awesome proof weapon. MASTER SWORD, 1~2 range.

I was just thinking give her absurd stats, like capped str/def and near maxed everything else but health. And have her come with some solid equipment, like a silver sword and a brave sword, in addition to the wo dao. With what Furet has so far, she's gone from why bother, she's fucking useless and a bitch to get, to why bother, she's nothing special and takes a lot of effort to get, though with Bartre's new improvements, it's a lot more likely people will be getting her. It's definitely better, but just doesn't seem like enough, especially since she's an easter-egg-esqe character and they're generally supposed to be fairly decent.

Also, I think you have a typo in regards to Wallace. The perentheses say (as Knight) when I think you meant as general.

What's up with Renault? I don't remember seeing him in the OP.

And lastly, I feel like you should give Marcus some res, even if it's just the hero base of 2. But that's rather minor.

Everything else looks quite good, though.

Looks pretty good statswise to me. Max stats do little to help Karla's fundamental problem anyways, so buffing those more just seems well, diminishing returns and all that.

Edited by Refa

I was just thinking give her absurd stats, like capped str/def and near maxed everything else but health. And have her come with some solid equipment, like a silver sword and a brave sword, in addition to the wo dao. With what Furet has so far, she's gone from why bother, she's fucking useless and a bitch to get, to why bother, she's nothing special and takes a lot of effort to get, though with Bartre's new improvements, it's a lot more likely people will be getting her. It's definitely better, but just doesn't seem like enough, especially since she's an easter-egg-esqe character and they're generally supposed to be fairly decent.

Also, I think you have a typo in regards to Wallace. The perentheses say (as Knight) when I think you meant as general.

What's up with Renault? I don't remember seeing him in the OP.

And lastly, I feel like you should give Marcus some res, even if it's just the hero base of 2. But that's rather minor.

Everything else looks quite good, though.

All valid. I'll give Marcus 3, and we'll see wrt Karla... she won't be buffed THAT much, though, I think.

As for Renault, what can I possibly do with him? I don't want him to just be Athos minus the gr8mazing. Maybe if I boosted all his stats through the roof, except for his magic, which he keeps? Give him S Light and make him start with Aureola instead of Athos?

Edited by Furetchen

I dunno about Renault, but what you do to Karla (IMO) should be dictated (in some part) by what you do to Karel. Either my memory has failed me, or somewhere in their supports it's shown that Karel is the superior combatant of the two. Then again, who cares, it's Karla.

EDIT: @Integrity - I KNOW RIGHT?!?!?!

Edited by Epic Fail