CCMRCSGWNR3:FFDH Game Thread

Haze

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay getting to the bit Eclipse was referring to

I know it is a risky claim for the mafia, but that doesn't mean no one will go around not taking risks, everyone doesn't play the game in text book style, some people, like me likes to go with their gut.

another thing I forgot to mention, some really smart guys in SF would rather have more info and play as town than working through the game to get a quick win

another thing that I forgot to mention

there is a very good reason for suspecting Proto N0 to D1, everyone should try it, just don't hammer him without a good reason

I need to read this thread and gather my thoughts. I went to sleep early last night and ended up with about 3-4 pages of very large posts.

Give me some time ill respond in the next few hours.

just realized I didn't look well into this bit before

By n1 and d2 the mafia have had sufficient time to construct acceptable fake claims. Sure, an experienced OC/limited OC/NOC game where you can post role pms mafia player would make sure to get fakes completed n0 maybe with the exceptions of wincon, if they have no example of town wincon. If there is anyone who wants to be town leader/get claims to help organize the town, it is good to do so early to pressure the mafia with their fakeclaims. If they aren't complete they will be forced to rush which could cause slip-ups and poor choice in what role they choose to fake as.

Claiming now is stopping no one from using any information they/we/whoever gathers. Plus this allows us to know what should be going on and lets us better find out of someone is lying about their role by claiming to be blocked or what have you.

I am sure this is all true, but this doesn't stand if the two of you are mafia.You can finish your fake claims using this data.

honestly speaking, I don't like the town leadership system, so I might be automatically going against it but my gut also tells me to not claim.

anyways, I believe I do know how to use my role without some leader telling me what to do and I am sure no one is stupid enough to claim my role, that being said, I see no reason whatsoever to claim to you.

also, I think Proto needs some help talking (along with Anouleth),

Unvote

##vote:Proto

also, has Rein really done anything?

pressurevoted proto and went to sleep

Also votals at the request of Prims

AA: 1 (Psych)

Marth: 3 (Prims, Bal, Kay)

Bal: 1 (Raymond)

Proto: 2 (AA, Blitz)

Anou: 1 (Bizz)

Blitz: 1 (eclipse)

Strawman: 0 (Blitz)

On the one hand, it looks like you would like for N0 to be a serious time, but you also seem resigned to the fact that many people do not treat it seriously? I ask for the good of the town... were your posts about wanting to be a leader serious, or were they fluff? I have further inquiries I could make along this line, but I feel it is prudent to wait for your response first.

I AM the leader of this town.

come on people i thought, you'd figure it out soon... I guess i'll say why if you people can't really figure it out, but honestly does it even look like what i'd normally say

Also brb, re-reading topic.

Obvious breadcrumb are obvious. Raymond calls Levity out for buddying, and misses all of this??? (Granted, much of it came after he prodded Bizz, but he's posted since then and didn't make any remarks on this.)

Yeah, I really missed that. I guess I was too busy trying to get something out of Bizz.

But their claim validates that now, so it should be okay.

Speaking of, have your thoughts on Bizz changed since you made this post? If so, why?

Not much, I just continued on because I doubted I'd get much more out of her than that on N0. I may get back to it later, though; I still haven't gotten a single pro-town vibe from her.

Got what I wanted from Bal and have no other problems with him right now, so ##Unvote.

##Vote: Marth

Marth, Flint, stop being retards (or terrible players) and freaking send your claims. The chance of Prims and Strawman both being mafia is close to zero, and even if they were, we'd probably notice it very quickly and be able to essentially trade our role info for a respectable chunk of the scumteam. Our role info would give the mafia the opportunity to deliberately take out the more powerful roles first, but it wouldn't speed up their path to victory at all.

Moreover, if you're indeed town and are paranoid enough to draw all the attention to yourselves right now, you're actively damaging the town by not only possibly getting yourselves lynched, but also preventing the town from getting any closer to actually finding scum.

So stop doing that or I'll be very, very angry. >:(

##Vote Blitz

I know the current bandwagon is on marth and i can see why, however i do not like Blitz' reasoning. I don' particularly like to assume that they'd be mafia simply because they have been mafia for a while now. Also, as some has stated before (I think), It'd make sense if one of them is mafia while the other is town (haven't we seen one of those before). Plus it'd play right along prims PR. Also, as it has been stated even if they were mafia, its very risky and they'll get caught eventually, after maf has a weird lucky streak of powerful role being gone (and they have barely any chance of taking it out on lynches because then they'd be forced to lynch the conflicting source of information.

So i made a quick glance over as i'm sort of in a rush for time. I WILL NOT be on for most of the day, I'm going out very soon and i will be going to a cookout after that and hanging with family and stuff for the next 12 hours ish or so. So i can't respond to anything after i leave for obvious reasons.

That being said I'm posting my thoughts notes on everyone before i go.

1. Blitz - Doesn't want to claim to Prims, pressuring proto currently who hasn't said much this game. blah blah blah. Thinks proto and kay are scum, not sure if he means the characters or the players themselves. But thinks they are scum. Still don't like the fact that he isn't claiming, i get part of his reasoning but it's not helping town.

2. Shinori - ME. PArtially lurking and inactive the past day and a half ish going away today. Obv town.

3. Levity - Said that she trusts prims, if he is scum and they are scum buddies it is a risky move. Thinking more town, hasn't said all that much though, last 5 posts have only been about a sentence long.

4. Anouleth - Lurking. Seen him in and not posting or saying anything, i guess similiar to me, said he didn't like his PR. Neutral

5. Rein -

pressurevoted proto and went to sleep

Pretty much this. Nothing else notable in thread except beating me to first post. Neutral.

6. Eclipse - Fine with claiming to prims, pressured blitz because of him not wanting to, has been around for the most part, getting a town read i think from her.

7. Slayer - Obviously best leader for town. Amirite? Hasn't made an impression not said much, neutral. Talk more.

8. Marth - Does not want to claim to prims, seems adamantly against it. Argues that he should not have to at all, and that no matter how late he does claim, he can prove it. Either scum who is having issues with a fake claim, doesn't like town leader, or is a town who's not really helping the town by just being too careful/stupid. IF you end up getting enough votes on you anyway you will end up claiming to everyone, then the mafia will definitely know your role. Think about that.

9. Psych - Mentioned idea of lovers or something yestarday, Don't really think he's done anything notable. Voted Rein stating that we should do something useful today, I can only assume it's a pressure vote for the lack of reasoning.

10. Kay - Posted twice in the past 7 pages, can happen. Made a large post with her thoughts and reasonings on the argument at hand and voted marth.

Marth, as much as I don't see any reason not to vote for you now, I'm not entirely convinced you're scum. If you aren't, please put a bit more effort into acting a bit less fishy. Whatever objections you have to claiming, it's better than getting yourself lynched, and while I personally wouldn't lynch you just for not claiming, the combination of not claiming and acting like this is really bad, and it doesn't look like I'm the only one who thinks so. Also, don't claim 5 minutes before phase end, give people some time to unvote, hey?

Pretty much what alot of people are generally thinking i believe. Pressure votes on marth because he seems scummy, but generally just want him to claim to prims so we have an idea or not if we should let him live.

11. Elieson - Newbie. Hasn't said too much, mentioned the possibility that prims faked his claim, which is possible, bout i doubt it. Especially since he outed someone else as well, if they are fake claiming as scum then that's two members dead instantly pretty much. Townish vibes from sheerly him being new, otherwise neutral.

12. StSS - Townie read, mason buddy of Prims. Positive he's town, not too worried about him at the moment.

13. Iris - Claimed miller. Hasn't said much besides that, still think she's town because of miller claim, otherwise it's a ballsy mafia claim. Should post more.

14. Raymond - Should be lynched day 1. Obviously. No seriously, has been helpful. Posting a fair amount of the time and has made a few statements that i directly agree with. Such as.

Marth, Flint, stop being retards (or terrible players) and freaking send your claims. The chance of Prims and Strawman both being mafia is close to zero, and even if they were, we'd probably notice it very quickly and be able to essentially trade our role info for a respectable chunk of the scumteam. Our role info would give the mafia the opportunity to deliberately take out the more powerful roles first, but it wouldn't speed up their path to victory at all.

Moreover, if you're indeed town and are paranoid enough to draw all the attention to yourselves right now, you're actively damaging the town by not only possibly getting yourselves lynched, but also preventing the town from getting any closer to actually finding scum.

So stop doing that or I'll be very, very angry. >:(

Townie read CURRENTLY.

15. Proto - Don't know, not posted much, some people think he's scum. Stated a few arguments at how iris could be fake claiming, otherwise inactive/lurking, think he's only posted twice in this thread. (Speaking of which someone show me/explain to me how to find that thing that shows how many posts each person has in a thread.)

16. Prims - Mason claim, think he's town. Confirmed by strawman. Town leader. 95% sure he's town, 5% ballsy mafia duo. Should listen to this man and go ahead and claim. As stated if he's lieing we get multiple mafia members easy.

17. Balcerzak - Majority of his posts are large and consist of arguments or questions which lead to conversation which leads to helping town, therefore townie read.

I was wondering if you could elaborate on some of your other suspicions, though. I have some small inklings what a few of them might be, but it wouldn't hurt to see how somebody else phrases that logic.

This was his post in regargs to the scum team prims posted, and i'd like to hear your reasonings as well prims since i see you as town.

Anywho. There's some notes i took for all of you, feel free to copy em down, there might be a test who knows.

Also i don't know if it will be too helpful but i hope it does. Also i'm leaving know, so ##Vote: Marth for now, for generally acting scummish. I'm leaving so i can't remove this vote for a good 12 hours ish most likely. I might be able to read the thread once or twice on my IPOD, but chances are low. I'll be back in a bit!

9. Psych - Mentioned idea of lovers or something yestarday, Don't really think he's done anything notable. Voted Rein stating that we should do something useful today, I can only assume it's a pressure vote for the lack of reasoning.

Not entirely sure, but looks like he's being a useless jackass to me.

(Speaking of which someone show me/explain to me how to find that thing that shows how many posts each person has in a thread.)

In the topic list (not the thread itself), see how in each line, it lists the thread name, then the author, then the number of replies, then the latest post?

The number in front of the word "replies" is a link. Click it to bring up the desired list.

Not entirely sure, but looks like he's being a useless jackass to me.

Me thinks you doth protest to much.

Seriously Rein, you can't go around talking about people who are useless and not act as if that's even a little hypocritical. I'm at least throwing ideas out there. If anything, I'd have to say you're the scummiest person so far.

Also I can't claim till tomorrow, I've used up my SMS's.

Right now:

Rein

Slayer

Iris/Anouleth

Are the most questionable in my eyes, Rein and Slayer more so than the other two. Elieson is almost clear, since if he was scum they'd really be trying to help him since he's new. Eclipse seems okay for now, but I get a creeping suspicion she's just acting. Not that she's mafia, but I feel like she could be third party.

Also now that I look at replies, Bizz seems to be spamming a lot to get her post count up and yet not saying anything of grave importance. I wouldn't say she's scum cause I'm not getting those vibes from her, but it seems kinda stupid for someone like her.

I dunno what you guys think, but whoever's finding me scummy while taking my N0 behaviour is being silly. See, when I try to contribute/get an idea in my head, I've got people looking at me, and when I try to not take N0 srsly and just joke around, I've got more eyes on me. Wat?

I do agree that my D1 actions seem odd, and least ' some' reason to vote me I guess. Anyway, claim sent.

Elieson is almost clear, since if he was scum they'd really be trying to help him since he's new.

That logic is so bad, I have no words to express my dismay.

Waiting for Prims to confirm having received Marth's claim before unvoting.

That logic is so bad, I have no words to express my dismay.

Waiting for Prims to confirm having received Marth's claim before unvoting.

I'm just saying that from what I've seen him posting, it looks as though no one has been helping him, and I highly doubt a scum team would leave him so obviously confused. His actions seem to say that he has had no help and I'm inclined to believe that he's not mafia because of that.

I've got a horrible feeling that the mafia's sitting back and watching the town tear itself to shreds.

Basically my thoughts right now.

No matter how much later I claim. I have a surefire way of proving that I'm not fakeclaiming. I just don't wish to claim this phase.

I may or may not have a surefire way of proving what I claimed (not the miller part), but I still claimed to Prims. Probably not important considering you just claimed you claimed to them, but just note this.

Do you still maintain the attitude that town leaders are bad with the current game setup? What are your thoughts on Prims/Straw?

Not as much; the part you quoted had to do with my PR, but I wasn't sure how we would do it in limited OC, because limited SMS, although think your code word idea is very good.

10. Be careful who you trust.

On the two of them, I don't see why they would be lying (masons seems hard to fake-claim); I don't trust them completely, but they seem unlikely to be lying. My thoughts may change depending on what Prims says next post. 8)

Also votals at the request of Prims

Such a suckup. 8)

I AM the leader of this town.

Can you just confirm this is part of your PR?

Right now:

Rein

Slayer

Iris/Anouleth

Are the most questionable in my eyes, Rein and Slayer more so than the other two.

Can you explain why you think they're all suspicious? (And why are me and Anouleth on the same line;; is it cause we're suspicious for the same reason?). Also, I don't agree with the Elieson auto-clear, scum could just be telling him to act like a noob.

Also now that I look at replies, Bizz seems to be spamming a lot to get her post count up and yet not saying anything of grave importance. I wouldn't say she's scum cause I'm not getting those vibes from her, but it seems kinda stupid for someone like her.

This is kind of dumb since Bizz normally does this and amount of posts =/= scum or not.

Rereading & voting next post.

So, Anouleth, is this our first game together? Maybe you should post more and be memorable. :) Active lurking ain't cool, Proto's seemed to have disappeared unlike you, and despite me and probably many others not having information to go off of D1, we're still contributing.

##Vote: Anouleth

VOTALS (which are objectively better than Rein's, done for myself)

[1] Rein: Psych

[3] Marth: Prims, Balcerzak, Kay

[0] Balcerzak: Raymond

[2] Proto: Rein, Blitz

[2] Anouleth: Bizz, Iris

[1] Blitz: eclipse

[0] Strawman: Blitz

@everyone who's unvoting: reread rule 4, Haze is super cool and as such, has cool voting rules.

@Shinori: Raymond told you how to do it, but here's a link, since I prefer it in a separate window/tab, and you might, too.

I already said why Rein was suspicious.

Slayer is pretty much suspicious for the same reason, but he isn't trying to appear pro-town like Rein and ignore the fact he's doing nothing. Right now Slayer really only keeps going on about Town Leader and is doing nothing, but he's being less pretentious then Rein, so I see him as not as scummy as Rein, but still scummy.

Iris and Anouleth are the same level on my mind, not because they're doing the same thing. I'm getting a vibe from them, but I'm not sure why. Anouleth seems to just be flitting around and trying to bring up points but not really doing anything about them. Iris's claim isn't what I'm having trouble believing, because I do think a Miller could be in this game, but I'm not sure if someone would be told they're Miller and not just Vanilla. I understand it would be best for her to claim early rather then wait for an investigation report and seem extra scummy claiming miller, but I don't really think she's doing the same as Anouleth and talking a lot without saying anything.