Mystery of Paris.

^^Yeah, i can see that too. Who knows, it could be anything ultimately, just look back to when they showed the silhouettes of the new ( at the time) gen. 5 starters for pokemon black/white. Artist's renditions had them as many things, but ultimately most, if not all, were wrong. So i suppose time will tell...though it's still fun to guess!

Edited by Eriad

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would be cool is if he was Ike's desendant and will be the main Lord in FE14, and it took place in one of the continents North/South of Iris, and It was like a FE Gadien, with new characters as well as characters in this game. But it IS a tall order though................ sad.gif

What would be cool is if he was Ike's desendant and will be the main Lord in FE14, and it took place in one of the continents North/South of Iris, and It was like a FE Gadien, with new characters as well as characters in this game. But it IS a tall order though................ sad.gif

Well, theoretically there could be another crisis on another continent at roughly the same time.

Maybe the two even influence each other in ways we cannot see yet and are only revealed once FE 14 get's out.

Similar to how it was with FE 9 and 10.

But this time both scenarios happen at the same time and thus the two Lords, Krom and Paris can visit each other.

Please IS, make this happen.

Well, theoretically there could be another crisis on another continent at roughly the same time.

Maybe the two even influence each other in ways we cannot see yet and are only revealed once FE 14 get's out.

Similar to how it was with FE 9 and 10.

But this time both scenarios happen at the same time and thus the two Lords, Krom and Paris can visit each other.

Please IS, make this happen.

As much as it would be cool to have Paris be Ike's son and have a spot on the FE13 roster, I don't want him to be the main lord of Fe14. That would be lame. :(

As much as it would be cool to have Paris be Ike's son and have a spot on the FE13 roster, I don't want him to be the main lord of Fe14. That would be lame. :(

My point was supposed to be that they could connect the two games, not that Paris (or whoever the next Lord is, if it's not Paris) should be a descendant of Ike.

If our timeline is even somehwta correct, Ike would have lived a long long long time ago anyway, much longer than Marth. So it probably wouldn't matter.

I don't think there's a connection just because of the name.

Obviously at one time back when developing FE9 they thought it was a great name, but for some reason decided against it.

Now they found a good character to use it for. There's nothing to force the connection Ike - Paris.

Edited by Lexington

My point was supposed to be that they could connect the two games, not that Paris (or whoever the next Lord is, if it's not Paris) should be a descendant of Ike.

If our timeline is even somehwta correct, Ike would have lived a long long long time ago anyway, much longer than Marth. So it probably wouldn't matter.

I don't think there's a connection just because of the name.

Obviously at one time back when developing FE9 they thought it was a great name, but for some reason decided against it.

Now they found a good character to use it for. There's nothing to force the connection Ike - Paris.

The connection is that Paris is the Holy King or at least closely associated with him, and the Holy King clearly echoes Ike.

The connection is that Paris is the Holy King or at least closely associated with him, and the Holy King clearly echoes Ike.

How is Paris being the holy king a connection to Ike?

Leaving Tellius, Ike went to Iris and became king there, after refusing to even become a lord in Tellius?

Ike and king just doesn't match in my opinion.

Just because they both fought for laguz/taguel equality doesn't mean they are the same or even connected.

Of course, there is the possibility of oral tradition messing things up, but I just don't think so.

Guess we'll have to wait a few more weeks to see if anyone of us is even remotely close to the truth.

Ike x Elincia!

Edited by Lexington

^^^ Perhaps it's just a title for him, given by those that were saved by ParisIke. Like they call him king though he is not officially that.

(Amen to Ike x Elincia)

On an unrelated note, why is Awakening called fe 13, shouldn't it be called Fe11? Why are the remakes considered a numbered release? I mean, if Final fantasy followed that logic, wouldn't we be up to FF 24 or something? Just wondering...

How is Paris being the holy king a connection to Ike?

Leaving Tellius, Ike went to Iris and became king there, after refusing to even become a lord in Tellius?

Ike and king just doesn't match in my opinion.

Just because they both fought for laguz/taguel equality doesn't mean they are the same or even connected.

And the king "echoing" Ike doesn't necessarily mean they're the same or even connected, just that they're similar in some ways, which seem to be, considering how one of the few bits of info about him make it sound like he went through a situation similar to Ike's with the Laguz and both handled it in similar ways. There's also how his map sprite seems to resemble an hero with a cape.

Anyway, another vote for Ike x Mia.

On an unrelated note, why is Awakening called fe 13, shouldn't it be called Fe11? Why are the remakes considered a numbered release? I mean, if Final fantasy followed that logic, wouldn't we be up to FF 24 or something? Just wondering...

Nintendo itself seems to consider them a separate entry though in the official site (but then they stole FE3's spot in the spotpass teams...)

Edited by NeonZ

Personally, I think it would be totally badass if it were Ike. It would cement him in as a more important Lord, I feel..

Also, that would explain why it's taking so long to get him as a DLC character... Odd that we get Elincia and Micaiah before him, eh?

Of course, the amount of "evidence" that it's Ike is more so just a bunch of situations that would fit if it were Ike, nothing to actually conclude that it was. In the end, as long as he's badass, I don't care who it is.

I'm doubting there WILL be Ike DLC if Paris really is Ike. We don't have 2 characters from the same game so far (Elincia=PoR Micaiah=RD)

So we may not even get him at all. Or he could be International DLC only, As Alm and Celice would leave some NA fans wondering.

am i the only one who likes mia x ike

Actually, I quite like Mia x Ike, but Mia x Rhys seems so much more plausible.

I have a few suggestions that are actually related to the topic, too:

Is Paris definitely the Holy King? If so, then his similarities to Ike are probably just due to the fact that IS' story writers originally planned to have a slave-emancipating good guy called Paris. Went they went with Ike instead, they retained their original concept but obviously couldn't put Paris at the centre of a whole new game as his story would be too similar to PoR, so they've put him in as an extra in this game. Then again, maybe they just mentioned that he freed some slaves to illustrate his conceptual connection to Ike, even though he really has nothing to do with him.

If we don't know for sure that he's the Holy King, then Paris could actually be a time-travelled Ike, but Ike and the Holy King just don't match up to me, purely for the whole 'Ike hates being a noble' thing.

Then again, Paris could very well be Ike from another world. All the DLC characters are supposed to have come from alternate realities, explaining Micaiah's sexiness and Alm's Demon-Fighterdom, so it wouldn't be a stretch to suggest that Ike's parallel self is someone who shares his affinity for beast-people but doesn't mind being a king.

Of course, the writers can do whatever they damn well please; it's their story after all.

Edited by Murdok Dracul

I don't think Paris actually being Ike makes sense, considering how there's no reason for the name change.As far as Paris = Holy King goes, it's just speculation so far, but it makes sense if you consider how he's the only ancient background figure here that doesn't come from an actual FE, so appearing as an extra might be how we learn about him. Aside from that, there's the slave incident similar to FE9 with the Holy King and the Paris name originally being used for FE9's main character. Aside from that, his map sprite seems to resemble an hero with a cape. I don't think it makes sense for him to be Ike, but I'm expecting him to be somewhat similar to Ike at least, like an expy.

What I'm seeing is a sort of Naga/Nagi case here. I'm sure the character isn't quite the Ike as we know him, but he should relate to him somehow.

And yes I know Nagi seems to technically be Naga herself, but again - not Naga as we know her.

TBH, I think they just used the name Paris as a sort of Easter Egg for hardcore fans.

Except, as VincentASM pointed out, that single-screen where Paris is shown appears to be a mockup. There are also no other screens which match that style, making it stick out incredibly, which makes it, in comparison, unsubstantiated. False/mock screenies are common early on--Link's Awakening's first pictures were almost all mock screens--so one shouldn't assume filler content is actual content :/

What I'm seeing is a sort of Naga/Nagi case here. I'm sure the character isn't quite the Ike as we know him, but he should relate to him somehow.

And yes I know Nagi seems to technically be Naga herself, but again - not Naga as we know her.

This is what I think will happen.

From the little we have to go on, this guy could easily be mistaken for Ike. It'd be interesting if this was "Ike from Another World" or Ike from Marth's time-line. With all the time-travel and stuff, I can see this happening.

Then maybe Ike got famous in this world and instead of being known as Ike, people gave him the name of Paris. But the Paris of this game is impersonating the Ike that is known as Paris.

Yes but this connection comes out of nowhere. There's no reason that paris should be the holy king and even less that he is both Ike and the holy king. While this is all speculation, it seems to me that the assumption that Paris is Ike or the holy king has gone too far. There's really little reason he should be either.

Yes but this connection comes out of nowhere. There's no reason that paris should be the holy king and even less that he is both Ike and the holy king. While this is all speculation, it seems to me that the assumption that Paris is Ike or the holy king has gone too far. There's really little reason he should be either.

It's a stretch, sure, but what do you expect when we have next to no information on the Holy King of Iris outside a single support conversation.

Actually, my personal theory is that Nagi is Naga as we know her, but she has some power and memory loss because you woke her up too early. When you you meet her she says "Take me with you. I must... finish what I started...I think. I must fight with you." And if she fights Medeus he says "Hmm?... So I am not the only dragon revived. I had heard you perished the last time. No matter; you've recovered even less of your power than me. This time, you have no chance!". Basically, people thought she died, but she was actually asleep, recovering.