Rate the Unit Day 7: Tanya

Psych

Dat Rules (stolen/borrowed from Integrity, which where then copied from the FE10 ratings)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Normal Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get home from school, between 1500 and 1600 EST.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a warp staff" or any other justification as an argument.

- Rating a unit too low because you think its overrated will make me throw away your vote without mercy.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

- Scrolls have no impact on a unit's rating. Just because Marty can become awesome with scrolls does not mean his score should go up.

- Warp skipping has an impact on scores in so far as "Safy has an high base staff rank". Nanna would score lower than Safy because of her lower rank, but no chapter is explicitly said to be skipped. You can't get Warp and then suddenly say every character after doesn't exist or requires turns to recruit. Something could be said of Xavier, or Conomore/Amalda who are in an escape chapter where Leaf starts next to the escape point.

Evayl: 5.02

Halvan: 7.35

Dagda: 7.54

Leaf: 8.18

Othin: 8.86

Fin: 9.06

An archer who actually has strength unlike Ronan. Better growths than him, but no movement stars. Robert's weapon rank is the same as her base, but she'll probably be at a D or maybe a C by the time you get him depending on favoritism. I like her better than Selphina because she's too frail, but Selphina does has a lot of supports and weapon rank. Selphina's Charge usually hurts her with Balista and seige tomes though. Over all she's useable and has plenty of time to grow.

6/10

Also, I noticed a lot of people have been saying things about scrolls in their reasoning, but please remember they should have no impact on a unit's performance. Hopefully there won't be a mistake like that tomorrow with Marty.

Uh... She's not bad for an archer, but all the other archers are pretty bad. She's delicate, no EP and she can't capture. 2-range options aren't bad in this game, and magic is good enough to tear through dragons. Pegasi aren't touch enough to worry about. Her speed is nifty, but she gets weighed down by a lot. That base strength of 3 also does her no favours. Even with scrolls, raising her isn't going to be easy.

2/10

Bowlock + E Rank + Bad Base Strength means she'll be mediocre at best. No enemy phase unless put in a situational case. Will likely never be able to use the good bows. Gets points for Othin support, good critical ratio, good speed, and being kinda cute, but bow users in this game aren't particularly useful.

4/10

Dagda outclasses both of his cronies from start to finish. E Bows is pretty bad, but unlike Dagda she isn't backing it up with innate Charge (or any other skill for that matter), a side weapon or a good strength stat. Her growths aren't bad, but she wishes she had more strength and some defense instead of overkill speed.

She does have a few positives in supporting Othin and Dagda, the latter especially liking the boost in 8x. However, unlike Leaf she doesn't do too much other than supports since her damage is going to be rather low for most of the game.

2/10

Edited by Dio

She is a short term support unit not worth a promotion and she starts terrible. Usable as a filler to chip or to be fed killing exp if you want to use her as an high level chipper.

She gives support to Othin anyway, so it's a +1 of bias, and the total score is then:

Not THAT BAD, usable, fast and precise, but bowlocked hurts her a lot. Useful against flying units anyway.

that's fair enough i guess although imo availability means nothing without something useful to come with it (otherwise marty would be ranked much higher)

When did we rank Marty? There isn't a link.

Edit: And it specifically says: Day 7 up there and there are 6 names up the list, not counting Tanya...

Anyway, ranking Marty 10/10 would make no sense. What does he do that Halvan and Othin don't? His actual performance aside, If there are units that are better then him, with better availability to both, then he can't possible get a perfect score.

Edited by BrightBow

When did we rank Marty? There isn't a link.

Edit: And it specifically says: Day 7 up there and there are 6 names up the list, not counting Tanya...

Anyway, ranking Marty 10/10 would make no sense. What does he do that Halvan and Othin don't? His actual performance aside, If there are units that are better then him, with better availability to both, then he can't possible get a perfect score.

We haven't. I was just giving that warning. I saw a lot of arguments when I was tallying up Dagda, and some consisted of "He can boost his growths will scrolls and turn out even better."

So I don't want something like that to affect Marty, because scrolls aren't supposed to affect ratings.

Thanks for the clarification. I just got confused because of those quotes from the previous page:

that's fair enough i guess although imo availability means nothing without something useful to come with it (otherwise marty would be ranked much higher)
Oh I rank Marty a 10 out of 10, I just wasn't here that day to vote

Oh well, since I'm already here:

Tanya blows. Her bases are garbage and she has trouble even notably scratching a lot of enemies. Her speed would be nice... If she could wield any bow without loosing attack speed, that is.

Her weapon rank also starts at E and that Rank grows really slow in this game so using stronger bows to make up for it is harder then it sounds. And even if she could use them, with her low con she gets massively weighted down. Her Bld is 4, Steel Bows weight 12, her bld growth does not exist. Well, I guess she could use the body ring...

Joking aside, I admit she will max her Spd quickly so even with that malus she can still double. But considering she relies on her avoid to prevent death, she turns into a wet tissue in consequence.

And while there is not much competition for the strongest Bows, she is not getting the required Weapon Rank until very late, if at all.

Archer utility also isn't worth much here either. Dragon Knights might be back to being fearsome adversaries, but they very rarely show up.

Ultimately she is really only good for supports.

However those two just so happen to be both Dagda and Othin. (Of course, not the meanie who handed out the 2/10 on the precious page.) And with their lackluster accuracy they appreciate the help. Particular when hammers are involved. And more avoid and critical is always nice.

Othin also supports her back, (However, not Dagda, that jerk. Why doesn't he marry Marty if he loves him so much?) so with her 2 PCC and the bonus she might actually scratch enemies sometimes. (Probably not, though.)

And this is Thracia 776, so you don't need to glue her to Othin or Dagda for halve the game until she starts supporting. She does so from the moment she joins.

And even better: The game usually have a lot more deployment slots then you actually need, partly also because you don't want to deploy your whole A-Team because of fatigue, so one might just as well deploy her every now and then.

4.5/10 - So she can still make herself useful rather easily, while bringing more to the table then other units. Sadly, even with the power of irrational bias it doesn't quite cut for an average rating.

+1 bias by default. Because she is an Archer and all...

Edited by BrightBow

Tanya is alright statistically after a while but has no skills or any other noteworthy accomplishments

however she's kinda useless unless you need someone to poke down midgame wyverns, like chapter 9 if asvel cna't do it all at once

2 + 1 bias

3/10