Rate the Unit, Day 29: Lucia

PKL

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac). And only hard mode!

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends when the next RTU thread is posted (at this point, it's hard to tell).

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" or "Gives you Bronze Sword" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- Anyone that has done a RD RTU withholds the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Fiona: 1.20

Meg: 1.34

Vika: 2.40

Leonardo: 2.53

Tormod: 3.28

Brom: 3.56

Ilyana: 3.75

Nealuchi: 4.41

Tauroneo: 4.50

Black Knight: 4.60

Maurim: 4.72

Aran: 4.92

Laura: 5.13

Heather: 5.29

Edward: 6.31

Micaiah: 6.50

Marcia: 7.31

Zihark: 7.44

Nephenee: 7.74

Elincia: 8.21

Leanne: 8.38

Rafiel: 8.45

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.87

Sothe: 8.93

Nailah: 9.00

Nolan: 9.06

Haar: 9.91

Edited by PKL

1/10 Her stats will be the worst of all the swordmasters (by far), she barely even shows up before part 4, and her bases aren't even that good. She's one of the worst characters in the game. Obviously she could be fixed with BEXP abuse, but her availability is so low it doesn't matter.

Edited by I don't play for turns

4/10 Invaluable in 2-2, and when she comes back in part 4 she's nothing special, but she'll still be able to hold her own, especially if you give her a silver blade or a nice forge.

Everything said here and...

Another Sword user to get good Res, but she gets bad Str. Give her maybe an Energy Drop, or Bonus EXP abuse, or both to unravel her usefulness alot more. And stabs Ludveck for butchering her hair. She has such pretty hair. x.x

Anyway

3.9/10

Lucia, Elincia's milk-sister and best friend.

Pros:

Good bases when she first appears.

Good base level.

Parity (if yer into that sort of thing)

Cons:

lol.

Horribad availability.

Bad bases when she returns.

lol.

Ugh Lucia...Shes pretty good when we first meet her in this game. Shes fast and critty. Her accuracy with the Wind Edges is ok too. Her strength is never spectacular here but critty. Shes probably stomping on most of the guys in 2-2. (her, Neph and Mordy) But after that chapter, shes gone for like, ever. By the time we see her again, (and not a green unit) is part 4. And boy does she suck all the sudden. I mean like, really bad. She can barely hurt things and her crits may not even ORKO. Yeewwgh. So basically shes reduced to chipping if shes doing anything. Lucia can really do a bit of spanking on Izuka, but not his minions. Shes super frail now and just...Yeah..

Parity is something if yer into that sort of thing. I never use it. But if you could take it off of her and stuff.

Bah...

1.5/10.

I can't give her any more than a 2.5. Lucia is awesome in part 2... for exactly 1 chapter. She's unplayable in the rest of part 2 and is benched until part IV! Which is absurd. Her bases are decent but her growths are vomit worthy. It's a shame, she really is a cool character (and pretty too... that hair)

2.5 + 0.5 bias so

3/10

At least Parity doesn't suck balls in this game.

Oh, Lucia. Uh, not that available. But hey, she does more in 2-2 than most people do in multiple chapters of availability. That's credit enough. She's pretty terribad once she returns. And then she looks even worse compared to other sword users. She can take out a few enemies in 4-2, maybe a few Cats in 4-5, but so can almost everyone else. But she's not promoting, that's for sure. So that sucks on her end.

2/10

Clutch in 2-2 since your units in said chapter consist of 4 laguz, one of whom cannot fight, a noodle-armed thief, and Nephenee and Brom. At this time Lucia just seems good by comparison. However, this is the only chapter where she is useful. She doesn't even do anything exceptionally cool and unique even though Parity is now up to player choice to use. Her affinity is more useable this time around but then again, with such anemic stats on her return, she probably won't hit the battlefield again unless you really want to use the worst swordmaster in the game. Even Edward is ultimately more useful since he gets the Caladbolg.

2/10

Edited by Samias

Actually... A crowned Lucia isn't that bad in 4-2 and 4-5, I mean the CRK's are almost guaranteed to be underleveled, so she's probably one of our better units. She does need a forge though...

3.5/10 for her 2-2 performance and passable part 4(except endgame)

Perhaps your best unit in 2-2, since she has decent offence, doubles, passable durability and doesn't have transformation issues. Then she comes back in Part 4, still base level, and is kind of shit. However, if you use a Master Crown on her, she has 42HP, 21STR, 14MAG, 29SL, 29SPD, 19LUK, 17DEF and 18RES, which returns her to passable, as using a Forge she likely has the same attack as Elincia.

2/10

Perhaps your best unit in 2-2, since she has decent offence, doubles, passable durability and doesn't have transformation issues. Then she comes back in Part 4, still base level, and is kind of shit. However, if you use a Master Crown on her, she has 42HP, 21STR, 14MAG, 29SL, 29SPD, 19LUK, 17DEF and 18RES, which returns her to passable, as using a Forge she likely has the same attack as Elincia.

2/10

This, but I'd give it a 3/10 instead of a 2/10 since she is still useable.

Epic in 2-2

p4, she needs drops, dracos, a crown, and bexp.

Plus forges.

However, she does have nice res, and earth affinity.

Also, she provides better results than shit like Meg, Brom or Fiona could.

IMO, its 4/10, but since I can go bias for her!

5/10.

She's one of the best units in 2-2... and terrible in part 4. She can be decent when crowned in the silver army, but Zihark is a better choice there. For me, Nephenee, Brom and Astrid dominate my Silver army 99% of the time, so she isn't really that important.

That, and her long hair is better than the short hair :c

2/10 with -0.5 bias for a 1.5/10

Edited by Melonhead215

She's one of the best units in 2-2... and terrible in part 4. She can be decent when crowned in the silver army, but Zihark is a better choice there. For me, Nephenee, Brom and Astrid dominate my Silver army 99% of the time, so she isn't really that important.

That, and her long hair is better than the short hair :c

2/10 with -0.5 bias for a 1.5/10

Made me laugh.

I hope you know that Lucia is locked to the Hawk Route.

Not gonna nitpick the rest.

Lucia is pretty essential in 2-2. Come 4-2, throw her a crown, and a forge and she's pretty solid. 4-5 lets her catch up to your other units. She does need more availability though, but most of the Part 2 units need more anyways.

3.5 + 1 bias = 4.5/1

I think she's kinda like Part 2's variant of the Black Knight.

Edited by Lucina

Someone please host RTU day 30. I have to go and wont be back on my comp for a while (and am in a hurry so I cant put the thread up now).

Lucia...well she's not that great and her availability is horrendous.

Pros:

Good class

Pretty useful when she's selectable

Cons:

Bad availability

You will have better well trained units than her when everyone gets together

Requires favoritism to become a regular used unit

Short hair on promotion

Overall, I'd give her a 3/10

Edited by Sol64