Brides. . . really?

:smug: SHUT UP, YOU CAREHARDS! The only thing that matters is gameplay, you aren't allowed to care about how stupid the class is aside from gameplay!

edit: btw, for hating carehards so much, you sure seem to carehard about people careharding

Edited by R-1 X Valhawk

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with the semantics of the Bride class. [...] So everyone should just quit their bitching about a class that hasn't been released yet? You want to judge it? Judge it when Eirika's DLC comes out, not beforehand when we know nothing about it.

It is your opinion that there's nothing wrong with the "semantics" of the Bride class. Not everyone agrees, and they are just as entitled to their opinions as you are to yours. Also, the Bride class may be absolutely awesome in utility and function. The implications of said class will still bother me to some degree.

In other words? Don't tell everyone to "quit their bitching" like we shouldn't express our opinions.

So everyone should just quit their bitching about a class that hasn't been released yet? You want to judge it? Judge it when Eirika's DLC comes out, not beforehand when we know nothing about it.

The issue isn't with the classes actual ability, it could be perfectly balanced and the most enjoyable class ever, but the problem would remain what some people feel it represents. Some think it gives off unfortunate implications, while others appreciate the class for what it is. There's really nothing to be done but state your case as best you can and hope the other side treats it with respect enough to accept it. Discussion is still discussion so long as people are being respectable, and there's not much else to talk about until the next DLC or spotpass batch or we all get the game ourselves, so telling people to "quit their bitching" at this point is kind of silly. We might as well all just stop posting and go outside, and I have springtime allergies so if everyone did that I'd be all alone. ;_;

Though there's the buttmad twelve year-old's who think wearing a dress at all is irredeemably sexist, and that Eirika was much more respectable in her miniskirt and thigh high boots. Those guys should quit their bitching.

:smug: SHUT UP, YOU CAREHARDS! The only thing that matters is gameplay, you aren't allowed to care about how stupid the class is aside from gameplay!

Damn, you sure showed them. ; ]

Edited by Striped Shirt

Also even if it was called something different (like Queen or whatever) I still wouldn't think it being Eirika's class would make it much better. It wouldn't be as bad, but it's still ridiculously unfitting.

Though there's the buttmad twelve year-old's who think wearing a dress at all is irredeemably sexist, and that Eirika was much more respectable in her miniskirt and thigh high boots. Those guys should quit their bitching.

I still haven't seen any evidence of these people existing

Damn, you sure showed them. ; ]

damn straight I did

I still haven't seen any evidence of these people existing

Ive only seen the "well that dress would really get in the way of combat." camp. In fact, i dont think anyone complained about the official art at all.

It is your opinion that there's nothing wrong with the "semantics" of the Bride class. Not everyone agrees, and they are just as entitled to their opinions as you are to yours. Also, the Bride class may be absolutely awesome in utility and function. The implications of said class will still bother me to some degree.

In other words? Don't tell everyone to "quit their bitching" like we shouldn't express our opinions.

It'd be simpler to sum up the entire worth of all of these silly DLC character threads with a poll on a closed topic that said, "u mad", and you could answer "yes' or "no" haha. I guess we wouldn't be able to argue about it, but you know, pros and cons.

Edited by Refa

I have mixed reactions towards the class. There is too little information about the class for me to make any sort of informed decision, such as just how the dress looks in attack animations or what, if any, third weapon the class uses.

But since it comes with Eirika, I suppose I'll be buying the associated DLC anyways...

Lol people can't wrap their minds around the problem so they attack the least thought out complaints that nobody ever made. I'm reminded of someone who said something along the lines of "Oh there's clevage showing, people are going to bitch about it" when that art of Sumia and Liz was shown.

I also think the main problem with the class is the name.

They most likely wanted to include a princess-class,but with something every female character could be.

Some people here suggested maiden,but the problem with maidens is,that the defining trait of a maiden is virginity and we should keep in mind,that all the characters can have children(sure as far as i know they come from the future or something like this but still)..........and we'll also get inverse as a confirmed spotpass character,which leads me to imagine how she would look in that class xDD

I think what they were aiming for was actually a 'pure' class. That is to say, a class representative of purity.

Traditionally, a bride's white dress was seen as a marker of their virginity. As Godey’s Lady’s Book written in 1849 said: 'Custom has decided, from the earliest ages, that white is the most fitting hue, whatever may be the material. It is an emblem of the purity and innocence of girlhood, and the unsullied heart she now yields to the chosen one.'

While the tone of the book is fairly sexist (a given, considering it was written in the Victorian Era), that particular sentence has some aspects of truth in the public consciousness to it to this day.

As some people have mentioned, Maiden might have been a better choice of title but it's easy to see why IS might have chosen Bride instead.

Also even if it was called something different (like Queen or whatever) I still wouldn't think it being Eirika's class would make it much better. It wouldn't be as bad, but it's still ridiculously unfitting.

I still don't get why it's unfitting on Eirika. She's a fantasy princess. Even in reality Royal weddings (for example here in england Prince Williams and Kate Middletons marriage) are overblown things related to a royal family.

Edited by arvilino

Ive only seen the "well that dress would really get in the way of combat." camp. In fact, i dont think anyone complained about the official art at all.

There were plenty of complaints about Eirika's portrayal, though they usually begrudging admitted that the art itself was good.

Edited by Striped Shirt

Just look at her hair in the original design. She might not have worn an elaborate dress like this one in Sacred Stones (she never changed clothes at all outside of promotion, just like everyone else), but it doesn't seem like something that would be out of character for her (although I agree that it's clearly odd as battle gear) considering how elaborate her hair was. Eirika is a better choice for this class than Lyn and Micaiah anyway (although it could still somewhat fit the later one). If you're talking about the supposed support role, I still don't see the problem. She has bows and probably some other offensive weapon, not just a staff. They included the staff in her official art likely because it isn't an actual weapon, so it fits better with the image they were going for with that art.

I can understand opposing the concept of the class in general (fighting in a frilly dress, the bride name), but I don't get the people saying that it's specifically bad for Eirika's character.

Edited by NeonZ

am i the only one who likes bride class? :|

I don't really mind it, since I find it rather interesting. I think they could've came up with a better name for it, but eh, I'm sure IS knows what they're doing.

I like the class, but I understand why others don't. I mean, before it, the most unusual class was probably dancer, but dancer wasn't meant to be a special promotion class for other characters, unlike Bride. The whole idea behind the class, with the bouquet to promote, also seems kind of like a joke, something we haven't seen before in FE.

Edited by NeonZ

The whole idea behind the class, with the bouquet to promote seems kind of like a joke, something we haven't seen before in FE.

There was always the Assassin class to keep us giggling until the wee hours of the morning.

Edited by Refa

The issue isn't with the classes actual ability, it could be perfectly balanced and the most enjoyable class ever, but the problem would remain what some people feel it represents. Some think it gives off unfortunate implications, while others appreciate the class for what it is. There's really nothing to be done but state your case as best you can and hope the other side treats it with respect enough to accept it. Discussion is still discussion so long as people are being respectable, and there's not much else to talk about until the next DLC or spotpass batch or we all get the game ourselves, so telling people to "quit their bitching" at this point is kind of silly. We might as well all just stop posting and go outside, and I have springtime allergies so if everyone did that I'd be all alone. ;_;

The skirt and boots were at least more practical, even if leggings would be even better. And Eirika wore armour too in FE8.

Queen is fine, I think. I didn't have a problem with Hilda or Elincia being Queens; any more than I had a problem with Zephiel being a King.

Really? Brides using bows? Somehow that sounds off but at least it's a new combination so I won't complain too much. I even said somewhere else that it would be interesting to see a class with access to both.

Always good to have a new class, even if it looks ridiculous in the beginning. It could have amazing growths or become a unit that could greatly affect a battle so I'll see how this plays out.

Queen is fine, I think. I didn't have a problem with Hilda or Elincia being Queens; any more than I had a problem with Zephiel being a King.

It is, but the problem is once again why they chose to put Eirika in a huge dress when she wore nothing like that in the original game.

Only problem with that is canonically, Ephraim becomes the King of Renais, so unless you support the twincest, Eirika isn't the Queen.

I'm sure the map you do to recruit her will have something to do with her wedding ceremony. Otherwise, the whole point of her being called Bride is moot.