Rate the Unit: Day 34

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac). And only hard mode!

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends when the next RTU thread is posted (at this point, it's hard to tell).

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" or "Gives you Bronze Sword" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- Anyone that has done a RD RTU withholds the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Fiona: 1.20

Meg: 1.34

Lethe: 2.21

Vika: 2.40

Leonardo: 2.53

Lucia: 3.06

Tormod: 3.28

Brom: 3.56

Ilyana: 3.75

Nealuchi: 4.41

Tauroneo: 4.50

Geoffery: 4.50

Black Knight: 4.60

Maurim: 4.72

Kieran: 4.82

Aran: 4.92

Laura: 5.13

Heather: 5.29

Edward: 6.31

Micaiah: 6.50

Mordecai: 7.17

Marcia: 7.31

Zihark: 7.44

Nephenee: 7.74

Elincia: 8.21

Leanne: 8.38

Rafiel: 8.45

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.87

Sothe: 8.93

Nailah: 9.00

Nolan: 9.06

Haar: 9.91

Makalov! (emot-swoon.gif) Dirty craven and a bad gambler.

Pros:

Dat speed growth! emot-aaaaa.gif

Decent skill.

Ok bases.

Dat hair.

Cons:

Sword lock for a while.

Lowish base level.

Strength is a bit on the low side.

Makalov! Hes just so hilariously craven. Ahhh. Hey, did you know that Makalov has like, probably the highest speed growth out of like, all the beorc units? Or some crazy junk like that? I know right? Dude will get crazy fast. Too bad his cap isnt as cray cray as like a Swordie That is if you train him. Hes not having any problems hitting anything either. Sad part is, his level is kinda meh to start with. Upon his joining level, you must ask yourself "to use Makalov or not to use Makalov...that is the question..." Kinda like Calill's situation, where if you start training Mak upon his joining chapter, he can get to be a decent unit in the long run. But effort must be taken. Makalov's got a sword lock and thats kinda smelly since his strength is like ehh to start with. It really doesnt get better until he promotes. And since hes got good skill, hes better off with axes after promotion anyway.

Hes actually not bad if you choose to train him. But thats just it, are you arsed? The payoff isnt amazing but he can be super useful in levels like 4-5 for instance. Plus having him use Alondite is just fucking hilarious.

4.5/10 5.5/10 bias because Makalov and his hair is so amusing.

He basically contributes nothing until, say, 4-2 if you actually bother to train him. Then he will do well for the next three chapters. Unfortunately no 34 speed makes him a questionable endgame target.

3/10

Makalov is decent. His durability is fine, his combat is fine. He needs a couple of levels to get it going, but his speed is fine too, thoug he really wants a higher cap. His problem is a lack of availability and reasons to use him. He's got the same number of chapters as the other CRKs before they join up with the GMs, but Geoffrey beats him in everything when they coexist in Parts 2 and 3, Kieren beats him in durability and combat until Mak gets a few levels in, Marcia flies, has 1 and a bit more chapters available, more base SPD and has better 1-2 range. Makalov looks ugly, and most of the people he's competing with are much easier to use, and do more damage. There is no reason to use Mak when you have can use Geoffrey, Kieren and Marcia. Also, when they join up with the GMs, why would we use him over our higher leveled, better in pretty much every way Mercs.

3.5/10

He's not terrible, swordlock until promotion hurts him especially when there's a million other people he's competing with resources for. His stats are pretty decent all-around, and he does get the coveted Axe when he promotes.

4.5/10

mEH.

Nice spd and def, OK str/hp.

Capping spd fast for bexping str is nice.

Oh, and axes.

How does he have a spd growth that high?

4/10, may be >Kieran, but not really by much.

I'd go as far to say that he may the single worst sword user in the entire game (despite being on a pony)

Let's see here:

+Has a horse

-swordlocked

-weak

-comes at a low level

-subpar bases

-fast, but not fast enough to double the majority of the enemies in the chapters he's relevant in.

He's so-so in his introductory chapter, but damn near worthless past that point. There's no read to use him in part 3 and 4 (but that goes without saying).

4/10, -0.5 because I don't like him so

3.5/10

Edited by Starwave

He's a pony in a game where ponies aren't that great, though he's not exactly on any maps where it's noticable until the last half of Part 4 (desert, Oliver's mansion and Izuka's swamp). Swordlock sucks, although he gets axes on promotion. Chances are he'll rejoin Ike's team as an underlevelled Titania. He can quickly cap his Speed, Defense, HP and Luck to try to get some Strength, which he needs. 33 Speed cap sucks for endgame.

3/10, including negative bias for being a scumbag.

Makalov actually does pretty well in this game since you'll have to use him and thus you can get in some comparisons to the rest of the CRKs. His strength growth isn't as good as Kieran, Geoffrey, or Tits, but dat speed growth. Man. Mav will cap a lot of stats fairly early and benefits greatly from bexp abuse, but his speed cap is too low for him. He might not be able to reach 34 speed, but his durability is solid. Level 7 Sword Knight at base with only a steel sword to start is kind of discouraging, and his big drawback. He's better than Fiona and Astrid since his bases don't fail, but 18 strength and speed is still going to keep him away from a lot of ORKOs iirc. If you wanna deal with a growth unit who you probably won't take to endgame, you could do worse.

5/10

Don't love his bases, but his speed is great. No complaints for defense and luck, HP is somewhere between eh and meh, and strength skill and resistance seem to be on the lower side. Before promotion, he struggles to do enough damage, and after promotion, if he uses axes or tries to, his proficiency will be low, so he won't wield powerful enough axes to fix dat strength, and when he uses the blades his accuracy suffers. Pony, OK availability, decent defense thanks to dodginess, and lacking offense. Combine that with -1 bias for being a drunken buffoon/baboon who can't even win a decent game of poker or cheat without getting caught and you get.... 4/10

0/10 Without Bias.

I just hate his personality, Marcia points that out greatly, which only made me like her more and a unit that can't even do crap for me on Radiant dawn. Loves to miss when i really want him to hit, isn't very strong and I could care less about availability from him.

If I could do a -1/10 I would.

1, that's completely unacceptable to give him no points solely for his personality. You've only barely touched on his gameplay performance. 2, after I say tallying, I'm not counting anymore votes. It's cool that you want to get involved, but just know that I will not be counting your vote into Makalov's score for both of those reasons.

Edited by Lucina