Rate the Unit: Day 35 - Astrid

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac). And only hard mode!

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends when the next RTU thread is posted (at this point, it's hard to tell).

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" or "Gives you Bronze Sword" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- Anyone that has done a RD RTU withholds the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Fiona: 1.20

Meg: 1.34

Lethe: 2.21

Vika: 2.40

Leonardo: 2.53

Lucia: 3.06

Tormod: 3.28

Brom: 3.56

Ilyana: 3.75

Makalov: 4.00

Nealuchi: 4.41

Tauroneo: 4.50

Geoffery: 4.50

Black Knight: 4.60

Maurim: 4.72

Kieran: 4.82

Aran: 4.92

Laura: 5.13

Heather: 5.29

Edward: 6.31

Micaiah: 6.50

Mordecai: 7.17

Marcia: 7.31

Zihark: 7.44

Nephenee: 7.74

Elincia: 8.21

Leanne: 8.38

Rafiel: 8.45

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.87

Sothe: 8.93

Nailah: 9.00

Nolan: 9.06

Haar: 9.91

Double Bow on a horse gives her a niche, and a fairly solid one. Abusing Parablossom with her can make her stats fairly solid. She's not a terrible endgame candidate, in fact she's not half bad there due to getting 35 Spe cap. Getting her to endgame will always be a problem though, due to bad bases and no availability.

3.5/10, including bias.

Asstrid really knew how to join Radiant Dawn. Shit bases, shit growths. I guess having Paragon helps a little, but she's so terrible that it's best shoved elsewhere. She has minor use in 2-3 and 3-9. Aside from that, keep her where she belongs on the bench.

1.5/10.

Her having Paragon natively means that she can also put on Blossom and gain EXP normally. This gives her the potential to be absolutely amazing. Of course, this is also impractical and requires significant babying, so it's probably not worth it. Otherwise she's a pile of shit with shitty bases and shitty growths. 2/10, avoided a 0 for at least being feasibly salvageable.

Edited by Agro

Astrid, the highborn gal who joined Crimea's Royal Knights. (somehow)

Pros:

Horsie!

Paragon.

Ok growths.

Cons:

Bow lock for a bit too long.

Bad base level.

Not a lot of time to grow.

Poor Astrid. She got the short end of the stick when it came to returning for this game. Guys either got awesome or got shitty. Astrid is the latter camp. :(: Its possible to get her to a good point but its...tough going. If you plan on using Astrid, you gotta start feeding her kills in her joining chapter. (also giving her a Killer Bow) You gotta set aside some resources for her. Shes got a horse and therefore canto and Sol when she promotes, so its not all for nothing. But...getting her there....Her growths arent awful but they can really dick with her. (like that time Fedule went like 14 levels without an ounce of defense.) But theres a trick. Shes the only beorc unit that will be able to use Paragon and Blossom at the same time. This is pretty awesome but still getting her the EXP she needs to take advantage of that is...a bit tedious. Shes not Fiona levels of asspain to get anywhere but yeah. If you manage to use Astrid with the Paragon/Blossom combo (plus transfers), things can go rather well for her. Plus she can have access to the Double Bow. Shinon is probably going "hey!" She'll also be able to use the Silencer if you've been training her. This helps too. Its possible that Astrid isnt gonna see promotion until part 4 if you have been training her and not feeding her much BEXP. (seeing how Blossom works, BEXP is kinda not the way to go.) Astrid can snipe guys from ledges in 3-9 and thats kinda cool.

She can be worth it but still not gonna be the most awesome unit on your team.

2.5/10. 3.5/10 bias because ive had her cap everything at level 15 promoted. :awesome:

She is really not viable on hard mode, unless you spend 50 turns babying her. She doesn't even contribute with her low chip damage and no doubling, and cannot even play pacifist meatshield on 2-3 because her durability sucks.

1/10

Her bases are bad, her growths are bad, and her availability is bad. She can chip.... but that's bad too! She really doesn't have much going for her except paragon, which is better used if we rip off her.

1.5/10

Her combat is easier to fix than many of the low/bottom tiered characters because she has access to blossom and has good innate hit. However she has bad bases, deals minor chip damage, and bad availability. She'll need forges or Silencer, Paragon or Para-blossom to catch up. She's useful as a utility unit and has good endgame potential. 4.5/10.

Edited by Maiden_of_Emblem

Terrible bases, bow-locked, and meh growths unless she has blossom on. Through part 2 all she's doing is chipping. In EASY mode, Astrid can't even muster much more than 10 damage with no doubling. That is almost Fiona level bad. Almost. Paragon doesn't do much good because Astrid won't be seeing much of any EP combat, and paragon no longer effects bexp.

One time, I really, really tried hard to raise Astrid. I honestly did. She rewarded me by +1 stat level ups. In luck. Multiple times. Yeah. I have never seen Astrid proc a good level in part 2. You have so many other pally choices, and Astrid just isn't worth the trouble.

1.5/10

Terrible bases, bow-locked, and meh growths unless she has blossom on. Through part 2 all she's doing is chipping. In EASY mode, Astrid can't even muster much more than 10 damage with no doubling. That is almost Fiona level bad. Almost. Paragon doesn't do much good because Astrid won't be seeing much of any EP combat, and paragon no longer effects bexp.

One time, I really, really tried hard to raise Astrid. I honestly did. She rewarded me by +1 stat level ups. In luck. Multiple times. Yeah. I have never seen Astrid proc a good level in part 2. You have so many other pally choices, and Astrid just isn't worth the trouble.

1.5/10

Except Fiona gets doubled.

The unfortunate truth about Astrid is that you'll either have to para-blossom and baby her or, just BEXP her to make her useful for later chapters. It's just too bad this happened to Astrid because I consider her the best bow locked unit in PoR with some distance. She does have good endgame potential though, IF you bothered leveling her up.

2/10

Growths are meh.

LolBases.

LolAvalibility.

Needs massive Parablossom Babying, or massive bexp dump on freaking HM.

barely even salvageable on HM.

1.5/10

At least has alright endgame potential.

But you're better off trying to get HArpoon to get serious about something.

High Luck, Skill, and Resistance, so she'll be able to hit and she can tank against mages. Her speed isn't even that good, and she'll have mediocre HP, Strength, and Defense. I miss her stats from PoR! She has a pony and bow-lock until promotion. Chip damage, cant, rescue.. I'll include a +.5 bias for being a has-been instead of a never-was. 3/10

She is really not viable on hard mode, unless you spend 50 turns babying her. She doesn't even contribute with her low chip damage and no doubling, and cannot even play pacifist meatshield on 2-3 because her durability sucks.

1/10

And I hate her. Checked PoR art, she looks so much better there. She's just so ugly in RD and I hate her personality. 0/10(-1 bias)

She can use the Killer Bow in the 2-3 shop for some use, but she's best left away from the main group. Give her Paragon away; she won't need it on the bench.

1.5/10

Astrid is terrible. Awful stats (awful growths) ridiculously low level, weak as dirt, frail as paper too. She died on her joining chapter on my first run through hard mode because an enemy looked at her funny.

What did Astrid do to deserve this? Spill coffee on an IS employee? Sheesh.

It's a shame too, since she was super boss in PoR.

1.5/10

Edited by Starwave

Astrid is terrible. Awful stats (awful growths) ridiculously low level, weak as dirt, frail as paper too. She died on her joining chapter on my first run through hard mode because an enemy looked at her funny.

What did Astrid do to deserve this? Spill coffee on an IS employee? Sheesh.

It's a shame too, since she was super boss in PoR.

1.5/10

That +.5 bias for beeing the only girl with bows. Rolf u aren't a girl. 2/10

BEAST in PoR but...sadly as much as i wanted to use her. She kinda slacked behind. I did want a second bow user but Shinon was like "no bitch i'm the man".

Astrid: :(

Pros:

Paragon skill

Can actually take hits though

Cons:

No so strong unless she really had some smexy transfer stats but then she's still meh.

Outclassed by much of the class due to her nerf

Loves Makalov

Not the best of accuracy at times

Not so good availability

Overall, i'll give her a 2.5 out of 10 Por 9/10

In 3-9, can put out houses that are set on fire to let the NPCs contribute more than she would in combat. Plus bias for loving Mak (the frotastic fuck-up needs more love). 2.5/10

Edited by bottlegnomes

Oh man, Astrid the great horse rider from PoR comes back looking very bad. Her Bases are terrible compared to the CRK she joins with. Her growths do not compensate her low bases, but she does have Paragon for a good 2 chapters before people would give it to a better fighter for her group. She does have a horse which allows her to run away after chipping, and she might get like 1 level up if she chips in 2-3. And she does reach the magic speed of 34. However, getting her their is such a pain.

Uh.. 1.5/10. Salvageable, but not worth it.

• 1 month later...