Growths or Bases?

MacLovin

What is your preferred one  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Higher Growths or Higher BAses?

• Growths
    • Bases

Bases. Raising units really isn't my thing, as I focus more on the BEAT THE GODDAMN MAP aspect of the game more. Unless I really like a unit for their personality (or if they're really, really hot so much I just can't help it), it's likely I'll just go with whoever gives me the least amount of trouble.

Shiny green numbers are nice, I'll admit, but that's what statboosters and using hax base-growths combo units like Miledy are for.

Edited by Fat Bunny

How can you go zero bases when HP can't be zero? Or do you mean class bases?

Any 4 AS enemy would pose huge trouble to your characters because it's most likely that everyone will be ORKO'd at good hit rates, and you need many chips to take him out.

It would likely be at class bases (ie 0 personal bases)

I am going to go make this

Edit: Shit Pent is never going to survive Living Legend

Edited by Paperblade

Paperbrad, sign me up when you are finished, please.

And yes, I assumed class bases (god, 0 base hp, srsly? Lol)

I'll probably do that in FE5 eventually, when I feel D3 has bored me.

I'm positive it's going to be easier than 0% growths though. Perhaps I'll make it harder by having weapon levels reduced to class bases.

Edited by Dio

Practicality? Bases. Personal Preferance? Growths. Also: Earlier in the game I'll take growths. Later in the game I'll take bases over growths. For example, I'll take Ross over Garcia. As for Amelia/Ewan... lol

Yeah, weapon levels seem like they could make sense as part of this, with how they're treated.

It would likely be at class bases (ie 0 personal bases)

I am going to go make this

Edit: Shit Pent is never going to survive Living Legend

Is there a way to let him keep his original stats for that map? Even if you have to program in an Uber Elfire to do it.

Someone wanna make a 0 bases fe hack? Lol

Challenge Accepted.

This kills all personal bases (class bases are still there) and weapon ranks. As such, lords are basically the same aside from weapon ranks and luck (due to their class data makes up most of their base stats). Be prepared to see enemy crit chances a lot. Pent has a special tome that gives him the same bonuses as the Uber Spear so he can survive. Any negative bases have risen to neutral (this includes con, luckily for Isadora).

On Hector Hard Mode, Wire OHKOes Matthew.

Edited by Serious Bananas

Growths because I like the feeling that I'm investing time and experience into a unit that will make the most of them. That and I'm a patient player who doesn't mind slowing down to let a unit catch up.

It's all about the hero's journey, man. There's something special about seeing somebody who used to be a flailing wet noodle take on half a map.

I have a soft spot for growth units, but I usually only take a couple or so along at a time.

Im a growths kind of gal. I dig units with nice growths. I like it when a unit starts with meh to bad bases and ends up roflstomping shit later on. Plus those green numbers are yes. Plus i feel it makes things more interesting with the RNG.

I like seeing Fiona go from the worst character in the game to damn solid.

I like seeing Nino go from weaksauce/pointless to BOLTING EVERYTHING IN ENDGAME.

etc and so forth. I just like that. It makes the game interesting and fun for me.

That doesnt mean, however, that i ditch guys with good bases and ehh growths. Ive used Marcus so many times...Theres at least three of the bases crowd on my team at any given time or game. :B

Yeah, if there was one thing you couldn't fault Rebecca on, it'd probably her support list. Fire affinity is really really nice.

I dunno... Lowen and Sain have a move difference, Raven... Well, let's just say I think Fire and Ice have poor support synergy, Wil's pretty bad, Nino comes uber late...

That aside, I prefer bases, but am willing to work with a growth unit if they're not a complete pain to train.

I will honestly say growths. While it is hard to raise a unit with low bases, and at some point, growths are pretty much moot, I like having characters that have a lot of potential if you just raise them a little. Not everyone starts out a beast, after all. This also stems from my hatred of efficiency playthroughs (come at me bro), considering I like to play the game just to play it, use different strategies, and see my characters (no matter who) become a One-Man army, the worst fighter alive, or somewhere in between. But anyway, growths are what I prefer.