FE:Awakening confirmed for North America

eCut

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre-preordered it from Gamestop one minute ago. I linked them to the links in this thread, they said "dude, you must really want this game. We'll add you and this game to our preorders list and you get first dibs on instore promotional items, should we get any."

Good morning SF!

Edited by Elieson

I'm saying slim to none, unfortunately. Unless all of a sudden FE becomes WAY popular, there's just no way NoA would make enough money off of it to justify translating it.

Well....bringing over the Akaneia games is downright tough, yes. But it's because of the Gaiden requirements in Shadow Dragon is why is sold like shit and got us screwed for localizing the sequel. I'm sure if they could localize it, it would certainly sell for alot more than Shadow Dragon. Because of the Gaiden requirements getting fixed. Plus it'll be exciting to see the Book II only characters names in our area. Because if the SNES version made it to our area, they would be named exactly like in Shin Monshou. =)

I don't understand why they would fear perma death. Pokemon and every other game like Final Fantasy, Zelda, first person shooter games, etc are the same. U kill enemies, it's a collossal of it. It's warlike. If they only understood that, we'd be getting the sequel here today.

Edited by アイネ

What if, WiiStore released FE 6 and prior as downloadables after fe13's success?

In your craziest fantastical dream world.

Or, alternatively, pray that Awakening sells something in the region of 10 million copies. Which again, will only happen in your crazy dream world.

Don't forget that during the peak of FE's success in the West, FE1~5 were being made readily available on the Wii VC, but Nintendo didn't bother translating them.

Don't forget that during the peak of FE's success in the West, FE1~5 were being made readily available on the Wii VC, but Nintendo didn't bother translating them.

They were considering it? Cool. :D:

In your craziest fantastical dream world.

Or, alternatively, pray that Awakening sells something in the region of 10 million copies. Which again, will only happen in your crazy dream world.

Nintendo translated very, very few titles for VC-exclusive NA release. Those that they did were games with an absolute minimum of translation neded (For instance, about the only things changed in Sin & Punishment were the startup menu and interface display [boss names, etc]. The in-game subtitles were still left in Japanese, since the character voices were in English to begin with).

And the FE games are not exactly light on text.

I'd say it's safe to give up on FE12 getting officially translated at this point, as sad as it is - especially with the DS basically hitting its final releases already they have very little to gain, really?

Well....bringing over the Akaneia games is downright tough, yes. But it's because of the Gaiden requirements in Shadow Dragon is why is sold like shit and got us screwed for localizing the sequel.

[citation needed]

People tell me that Shadow Dragon sold badly but I've never seen any concrete evidence, aside from vgchartz links that say that it sold somewhat worse than FE7 and FE8, but better than FE9 and FE10. And even if it sold worse, there's no evidence that it was because of Gaiden requirements.

Edited by Anouleth

[citation needed]

People tell me that Shadow Dragon sold badly but I've never seen any concrete evidence, aside from vgchartz links that say that it sold somewhat worse than FE7 and FE8, but better than FE9 and FE10. And even if it sold worse, there's no evidence that it was because of Gaiden requirements.

There is still evidence though that some people in NA fear perma death is why FE isn't selling well like Zelda, Mario, etc. .___.

Edited by アイネ

Pre-preordered it from Gamestop one minute ago. I linked them to the links in this thread, they said "dude, you must really want this game. We'll add you and this game to our preorders list and you get first dibs on instore promotional items, should we get any."

Good morning SF!

Oh, God, what exactly did you email them? Just the links, or several gushy statements?

And to think Shadow Dragon especially would get them over that. But it made things worse. .___.

"Hey that's cool, I wonder what they're posting ab-"

negativeman-55f.png You people.

Terper I love you so much

you are my favorite person ever.

Like seriously people get over FE12 and bask in 13 already.

Or I'm in the conclusion that NA isn't into RPG's much. Cuz why else would both FE and Mother sell like crap?

Or I'm in the conclusion that NA isn't into RPG's much. Cuz why else would both FE and Mother sell like crap?

Because *gasp* maybe people don't like them that much? Oh goodness the revelations! It's not a very well known game in NA and only received attention because of Super Smash Brother Melee. That's just how it is.

Besides, there are lots of other RPGs on Nintendo consoles that receive a lot of attention. They're just first party.

Edited by seph1212

Not knowing Mother's case, but at least we'd enjoyed that during our youth. Honestly, the FE series would've been much more loveable and enjoyable if we'd play that in our youth. It not only would get people used to perma death alot more, but it would've been much more enjoyable to play in the 90's, as kids if only Nintendo hadn't censor it for 10 years and enforced this "Family Friendly" only rule.

No childhood feeling of FE. ;_;

EDIT: Well at least people born in this day and age will get to experience that and I've played FFT (also a perma death game) in the 90's at 9 yrs old. Yay! Some perma death dealing feeling I've had at least. =)

Edited by アイネ