Super Ragefest IV: Trolls & Tribulations Planning Thread

MarkyJoe1990

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EvilEggoWaffle has never played Fire Emblem before (Except once when I left my Game Boy Advance containing Sacred Stones on a table and he took it without asking, then made Eirika attack Lyon like an idiot). I've told him to give the series a chance, but he says that he's already got a ton of games he hasn't finished, and doesn't want to add another one to his list.

This saddens me. Well, at least it was an idea. Though I wonder if you have any friends you could do this with. If co-commentary is over skype, we can have lag shenanigans if connection shenanigans happen for added fun! Well...Maybe. It's only an idea. You'd also have to coordinate your schedule with that friend, which I'd assume is a LOT harder than doing it with someone like EEW. Oh teh wells. Let's just hope you find some solution if you don't decide to ban FEXP altogether. Here's to a another good year of hacking!

Or how about... OVER 9000?!?!?!?!?!

LOL just joking. But wouldn't it be funny if you actually had that many contestants?

Yeah, I know. I was just being random. I was being a Randomguy Jokerpants McCain.

Bladehero, I'm... I'm really trying to not want to hit you right now. You have no idea how badly I'm struggling here.

Guest co-commentary would actually be a pretty good idea, if you got a different guy for every ragefest. IDK, it's something to consider.

EDIT: By which I mean 'individual map'. They'd help to keep you sane and be vented at and such.

Edited by Furetchen

Bladehero, I'm... I'm really trying to not want to hit you right now. You have no idea how badly I'm struggling here.

Guest co-commentary would actually be a pretty good idea, if you got a different guy for every ragefest. IDK, it's something to consider.

EDIT: By which I mean 'individual map'. They'd help to keep you sane and be vented at and such.

Damnit Furet stop building on my ideas or I'll sell your Greatbow.

In all seriousness, I agree with the Furet of the Chen here. It would keep things fresh, and you hopefully sane Marc. Keyword hopefully.

Since people are suggesting co-commentators, let's analyze my options. Hopefully I won't offend anyone in the process.

Take note that the reason why I don't do co-commentaries often is because I have social anxiety issues and feel uncomfortable around other people.

Real Life Friends

Guy (ManBreakFast on youtube) - Has considered doing his own commentaries on Minecraft. Isn't available often. Might be a little meek.

Adam (FireKong89 on youtube) - Has a strong aversion towards doing commentaries.

Ashwin - Rarely available.

Online Friends with decent mics:

ChimpMaster657 - Love doing commentaries with him. Has a great commentary personality. Likes to tease me in a brotherly way. Available pretty often.

SkillKill107 - Available almost all of the time and has interesting things to say, but has speech issues that might result in people complaining or mocking him.

Camtech076 - Availability issues. His internet is unreliable. Assuming he makes a submission, he might be in the commentary for his submission.

MageKnight404 - His commentary and mine are like night and day. We also aren't particularly comfortable around each other. We have a sort of wall between us for lack of a better word.

Seph1212 - Our commentary is very harmonious, but he's not available often as far as I'm concerned.

Kyop16 - Does commentaries on his own channel. Very available, but Fire Emblem isn't his forte, and, outside of his commentaries, he's not very talkative.

DrawciaWitch - Female candidate number one. Has the most pleasant voice, but has availability issues, and isn't very talkative.

AstraLunaSol - Availability issues. Usually focused on his own matters (Let's Plays, Dream of Five, etc.). Probably makes a better main commentator than a co-commentator.

Blazer - I know he has a mic because he sent me wav files. However, I have no idea what I'd expect if he actually agreed to do commentary with me (Which is a fat chance).

Cedar Nyx - Female candidate number two. Considering she was the queen of Ragefest 1, it might be interesting. However, I know nothing about how well she commentates.

Cevian - Pretty lax guy as far as I'm concerned. I don't know how a commentary with him would turn out though.

Ephraim225 - Almost always available, and has pretty good commentary. Has been in every ragefest.

EnergyFlux2012 - Probably won't want to do commentary.

Furetchen - I'm extremely sensitive when it comes to my waifu Reisen, and I know he hates her and doesn't seem the slightest bit hesitant to show it, so naturally I'm going to be nervous at any mention of Reisen during recordings in case it triggers him. Aside from that, he's a good commentator with limited availability.

LuizPrower - I don't like Luis's commentary much, but since I'm his best friend, and love to tease him in a bro way, it would make for some hilarious chemistry.

ShadowOfChaos - Probably won't want to do it, and even then, he always seems busy.

Once I get my laptop back, I'm going to do a trial run for LP's myself, and see how those turn out. I'll LP my own game to demonstrate the things you missed in it during your playthrough, then I'll probably LP a few other FE hacks and even play PK's submission, just cuz it looks fun as hell.

Only thing that's ever limited me is lack of internet, for a better word, but I think I finally have a way around it...

oh yeah that reminds me i never got around to doing your submission

The person I enlisted to do the submissions says he'll have it recorded on the weekend, so by then, you should be able to upload yours.

'Course, that's assuming he finishes it and uploads all of it by then.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Since people are suggesting co-commentators, let's analyze my options. Hopefully I won't offend anyone in the process.

Take note that the reason why I don't do co-commentaries often is because I have social anxiety issues and feel uncomfortable around other people.

Real Life Friends

Guy (ManBreakFast on youtube) - Has considered doing his own commentaries on Minecraft. Isn't available often. Might be a little meek.

Adam (FireKong89 on youtube) - Has a strong aversion towards doing commentaries.

ChimpMaster657 - Love doing commentaries with him. Has a great commentary personality. Likes to tease me in a brotherly way. Available pretty often.

SkillKill107 - Available almost all of the time and has interesting things to say, but has speech issues that might result in people complaining or mocking him.

Camtech076 - Availability issues. His internet is unreliable. Assuming he makes a submission, he might be in the commentary for his submission.

MageKnight404 - His commentary and mine are like night and day. We also aren't particularly comfortable around each other. We have a sort of wall between us for lack of a better word.

Seph1212 - Our commentary is very harmonious, but he's not available often as far as I'm concerned.

Kyop16 - Does commentaries on his own channel. Very available, but Fire Emblem isn't his forte, and, outside of his commentaries, he's not very talkative.

DrawciaWitch - Female candidate number one. Has the most pleasant voice, but has availability issues, and isn't very talkative.

AstraLunaSol - Availability issues. Usually focused on his own matters (Let's Plays, Dream of Five, etc.). Probably makes a better main commentator than a co-commentator.

Blazer - I know he has a mic because he sent me wav files. However, I have no idea what I'd expect if he actually agreed to do commentary with me (Which is a fat chance).

Cedar Nyx - Female candidate number two. Considering she was the queen of Ragefest 1, it might be interesting. However, I know nothing about how well she commentates.

Cevian - Pretty lax guy as far as I'm concerned. I don't know how a commentary with him would turn out though.

Ephraim225 - Almost always available, and has pretty good commentary. Has been in every ragefest.

Furetchen - I'm extremely sensitive when it comes to my waifu Reisen, and I know he hates her and doesn't seem the slightest bit hesitant to show it, so naturally I'm going to be nervous at any mention of Reisen during recordings in case it triggers him. Aside from that, he's a good commentator with limited availability.

LuizPrower - I don't like Luis's commentary much, but since I'm his best friend, and love to tease him in a bro way, it would make for some hilarious chemistry.

ShadowOfChaos - Probably won't want to do it, and even then, he always seems busy.

Hm. I've watched a lot of Cevian's stuff and his commentary is pretty good. May be interesting to co-commentate with, and you probably know this, but he's done an LP of FE7. Ephraim225 might be interesting to see. The Ragefest veteran will definitely have things to say about the other submissions. As TGDTS has said, Cedar's done some stuff. However, as I watched her LP her RF1 submission, she seemed pretty shy so I dunno about her. -shrug- In all honesty, it's all up to you Marc. We'll (hopefully)respect your decision.

What makes you think I have limited availability?

You have two projects you're working on as far as I know, and the last few times I asked you to mic chat with me, you were busy with something.

...In hindsight, I think my paranoia is just blinding my judgement.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Real Life Friends

How about me? I'm always available for Skype. Well, not always, but... I have a lot of free time on my hands. Just a suggestion.

How about me? I'm always available for Skype. Well, not always, but... I have a lot of free time on my hands. Just a suggestion.

Do you remember what I said the last time you asked that?

I can have you covered for this shit if you need someone and don't mind me playing a game in the background sometimes :U

I dunno how I feel about that. My past experiences with people playing games while talking to me has almost always resulted in a one-sided conversation. It pretty much defeats the purpose of a co-commentary.

The sometimes will only be when you're getting back to where you were if you lose at some point in the ragefest and want to cut out getting back there.

And truuuuuuuust me I can multi-task ;D

Vaguely. Could you say it again?

I'll answer it with another question: Were you in my commentary of Ephraim225's Ragefest 3 submission?

The sometimes will only be when you're getting back to where you were if you lose at some point in the ragefest and want to cut out getting back there.

And truuuuuuuust me I can multi-task ;D

Fair enough.

No, but... where did this come from?

I presented that question to remind you of last time you asked to do co-commentary with me.

I was also hoping it would ring your memory of the numerous other times I denied you co-commentary.

Basically, what I'm saying is for you to stop asking. I made it clear several times already, and I don't want to have to repeat this to you every single time a co-commentary with me is brought up.

You should know the answer by now is and will always be no.