Rate The Unit 11: Cellica

PuffPuff

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Normal.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody has already given good reason for a score +/- half a point from yours, you can decide not to explain your score, but I always encourage personal reasoning. Incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Weapon" as an argument.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Clerbe: 3.91

Robin: 4.45

Fols:6.78

Grey: 6.85

Clea: 7.58

Ruka: 7.89

Cliff: 8.31

Silk: 8.47

Paison:8.60

Alm: 9.59

She might need some lion head boosts for HP, Str and Def. She does have trouble growing some HP, Str and Def. So, shields are advised. But she's the only good Mag user you will get at least in awhile. As she's one of the only 3 characters in the game to be able to use both melee and Mag at once. Angel magic will also weigh her down in the beginning when she's up against a Zombie Dragon. She will need terrain to be able to use Angel magic until she can get enough Speed to start doubling with it. Also one of the only two characters in the game to use Ragnorok making her dangerous to every melee unit but Demon Fighters. Until she gets the Holy Sword, she is going to have trouble damaging monsters without Angel Magic. She can also support Alm making her help him more in the final battle. Also can heal your units. She literally has to be one of the weakest female main characters in the series. But at least she will be okay with the Holy Sword, as she will be an absolute nightmare to monsters.

celica74.jpg

5.5/10

Edited by アイネ
Title change by request

She's basically like Micaiah. She learns good spells, however it will cost her HP(which is one of her's weakest stats) Her stats are very shaky as well. One time she excelled in high speed and low power and the other time was the opposite around. Not a good unit and probably one of the weakest lords IMHO.

2/10

5.5 and 2/10 are you kidding me she can use sword staves and magic doesnt that count for anything

6/10 she can attack from a distance defensively and attack with a sword offensively, low hp is the only negative thing

+1 bias point for looks (that counts right gee_wiz_emoticon.gif)

7/10

Let's see... Celica. She can use swords, black magic and white magic. Still, to me, she lacked durability: she could barely take a hit. Her 20% defense growth doesn't help either (although all growth rates in this game suck) and she's low HP as well. It's pretty cool that she can use both magic and swords, but once she gets a decent sword, the usefulness of the black magic drops instantly as she won't be able to effectively double enemies with stronger spells (Ragnarok weighs 20?!), which will also cost her valuable HP. Then, to me, she becomes nothing more than a healbot who can decently defend herself, but is not suitable for assaulting anything that isn't undead. And healing is pretty much all she does during my playthroughs in chapter 4 and 5.

That makes 4/10, she has great potential, but her stats severely limit her usefulness.

edit: Yep, another change in rating. I decided today that her versatility is worth another point. That makes 5/10.

edit2: Okay, that rating was pretty unfair compared to some other ratings I gave, she's better than May, but just a little, so 6.5/10

Edited by WindMage25

Are we counting angel rings? There's nothing in the OP.

I think Cellica's pretty awesome, I'd give her a 6/10, without bias. (7/10 with.)

She's a glass cannon, just make sure she never gets hit, and you're good to go. Cellica can claim to have angel unpromoted, which is sex when you fight monsters. She can't take a hit, but otherwise, she's awesome.

so 7/10

2/10

are you sure you've played this game

Celica is alright but doesn't really exceed in particularly everything. She gets someone very nice spells, which is a plus. She's okay.

6/10.

Ya what about Atlas

*shrug*

Maybe another day.

Edited by Refa

7/10. She blasts, heals, can kinda fight... versatile, and she's good enough at them all for a good rating, but never really excels at any of them.

Edited by Furetchen

This one will remain open for rating until all of Alm's Chapter 1 units gets tallied.

Edited by アイネ

The thing that Celica really has going for her is versatility: she can use magic and swords from the get-go and can heal from level 9. On top of this she learns probably the best selection of black magic in the game: Fire for low HP use, Thunder for 1-3 range, Angel for monsters and high accuracy, Excalibur for low weight, high power and Ragnarok for overkill uses. Her main downside is low durability and HP which are a particular problem for such a multipurpose frontline unit and especially if casting magic is taking even more HP. This is where using a sword for 1-range counters gives her the edge over mages. She also has trouble with low strength and this makes her something of a jack-of-all-trades unit; Furet pretty much hit the nail on the head.

I posit that the holy sword is the ideal weapon for Celica since it boosts her strength and the HP regeneration means she can recover from casting and any damage she may have taken. It's also a particularly good choice because her team's other sword users would rather have higher Mt weapons than 5HP regeneration and you probably want Celica fighting monsters anyway because she learns Angel.

6.5/10 + 0.5 bias (she's FE's first mixed magic/physical unit and she's a warrior priestess) = 7.0/10

Edit: y'know what, bump that up to 7.0 + 0.5 = 7.5/10

Edited by Byte2222

• 2 weeks later...