Rate the Unit: Day 48 - Rhys

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac). And only hard mode!

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends when the next RTU thread is posted (at this point, it's hard to tell).

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" or "Gives you Bronze Sword" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise. I will not throw your vote out if I do not support your opinion. Possible reasons for a tossed vote include: your vote is higher/lower than the vast majority to "balance the score" and failure to justify a radically different score.

Averages:

Fiona: 1.20

Meg: 1.34

Astrid: 2.10

Lethe: 2.21

Vika: 2.40

Leonardo: 2.53

Lucia: 3.06

Danved: 3.11

Mist: 3.11

Tormod: 3.28

Rolf: 3.36

Brom: 3.56

Ilyana: 3.75

Makalov: 4.00

Nealuchi: 4.41

Tauroneo: 4.50

Geoffery: 4.50

Black Knight: 4.60

Maurim: 4.72

Kieran: 4.82

Aran: 4.92

Laura: 5.13

Heather: 5.29

Soren: 5.45

Edward: 6.31

Micaiah: 6.50

Calill: 6.59

Boyd: 6.85

Mordecai: 7.17

Gatrie: 7.22

Marcia: 7.31

Zihark: 7.44

Nephenee: 7.74

Shinon: 7.90

Oscar: 8.11

Elincia: 8.21

Leanne: 8.38

Rafiel: 8.45

Mia: 8.45

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.87

Sothe: 8.93

Nailah: 9.00

Nolan: 9.06

Ike: 9.28

Titania: 9.76

Haar: 9.91

RHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYS!

Cool name to chant over and over..best healer for the GMs (like they need one) and one suprisingly powerful chip. Good when you need him.. not so much if you don't. 4/10

Rhys, the sickly healer of the GMs.

Pros:

Heals.

Good magic base.

Good staff rank.

Cons:

:mellow:

Speed is in the toilet.

Squishy.

Mleagh.

Rhys...is not very good. People say hes better than Mist but...well..He is better at healing because higher base magic and junk, but...everywhere else? Yeah Rhys fails. To be fair, Mist doesnt start with a horsie so her move is a bit fail at first too. Rhys is always stuck at bad move. Hes slow as fuck all too. Hes gonna get doubled no matter what. And it just doesnt ever get better. Hes never gonna double enemies so he sucks as a magic combat unit. Forever and ever. Things look at him and hes gonna die. Yeah hes pretty bad overall. He can help heal and thats the only real thing he will contribute to the team. Hes not worth leveling really. So hes gonna probably see the bench a bit later on. (especially after you stock up on healing items or get a better healer.)

3/10. Easily the worst of the GMs. Mist at least has Miracle....

He's on a team that doesn't need healing (and in a game that royally screws healers over anyways) so he is pretty much useless. He's forever slow, squishy and has bad move. His chip damage is nice, but its unneeded once forged Hand Axes/Javelins become available, and he's probably dumped before then anyways. I prefer Mist as a healer because she at least gets a horse, making her a better healer since she'll reach more enemies without having to use a Physic. This is worth a three out of 10.

However, I'm going to use my bias point here because he's just lame as a character. There's nothing even close to remotely interesting about him in this game or PoR other than "I save people". The "I prefer Mist" part is also fitting in under the bias to avoid the "Not X" rule.

So 2/10.

Edited by Lucina

The better version of Mist basically with higher physic range and can actually chip. You can chip a lot of stuff in 3-P and 3-1 to help with the clears.

3/10

Rhys is never going to become a reliable combat unit, but he does contribute an accurate chip at times when attacking is more helpful than healing, something Mist cannot do. Both of them are pretty bad, but Rhys will max his magic and res much faster if you wanted to bexp his stats to improve his durability. But that's not really worth it because Micaiah is forced into the final, and Elincia is a no brainer as a second healer. Rhys kind of just does his job and then becomes hard to justify a deployment slot with his poor defence and gimped speed. Saint caps are just really bad for whatever reason. Personally I find Rhys handier than Mist for the time where the two of them are your only healers, but a promoted sage will do the job just as well and Rhys will probably hit the bench.

3.5/10

3.5/10. Another healer, though while he has decent magical offense, the fact he'll never double, as well as the fact that he's stuck with 30 atk for a loooooong time, hampers it.

Edited by Golden Cucco

Shit speed. Absolute shit in combat, period. His bad movement make it even worse. x.x

Only gets good Mag for a better healer and nothing else.

2/10

Rhys is at least better than Mist...

but not by much.

He's still frail as all hell, but unlike Mist he can actually do decent damage to enemies by hitting RES, and he can also tank mages and sages with his high resistance. He also will never double ever, and pretty much constantly be doubled. Healing is nice, I guess.

3/10 because that's 1 higher than what I rated Mist.

4/10

Alright bases, except for Spd/Def.

He's like a worse Micaiah, but salvageable, and fills some p4 Restore/psychic user needs.

Or Resolve!Rhys, which is fun as shit.

Low skill, awful HP, defense, and speed. his strength is high enough so that he won't be weighed down too much by most tomes. Also, he'll have good magic, resistance, and luck. Just another frail staffbot with high resistance and bad combat, except against low-level armors. How many of these are they, really? 4/10

Just another throwaway healer. He's a little better than Mist since he can partially chip, and his stats aren't as crappy, but he's still "bad." He has little utility in early part III but is benched once better characters start to show.

3.5/10

LOL, WUT IS SPEED?

I thought Rhys couldn't get any slower than he was in FE9, but IS wanted to prove me wrong. **** you, IS.

14 base spd is beyond terrible. When you couple this with his AMAZING 35% spd growth, he basically gets doubled forever. By the time he stops getting doubled by 20 AS enemies, they're already at 21. So he gets doubled anyway. And by the time he stops getting doubled by them, they jump to 22. And so on. Frickin generals borderline double him the entire game. And his HP/def combo is even *worse* than Mist's, and I thought Mist couldn't get any worse.

And unfortunately he doesn't have any real redeeming qualities to use him over Mist. He initially comes close to 2HKOing enemies when Mist is doing like 2 damage, but he cap rams mag within a few levels, so his offense stagnates. By the time he can start getting mag again, his att fell behind and becomes pretty terrible at offense as well. And as said before, his durability ends up being worse than Mist's, plus Mist gets a horse.

Still, you can find a use him for him. It's not uncommon for the GMs to split into groups of two (see; 3-2, 3-3, 3-5, 3-8, etc.), so having a healer for both groups is handy. Mist is only one healer, and there aren't any other staff users in part 3 aside from any sages you manage to promote (i.e. never without a master crown), so Rhys has his uses. Even in part 4 when Micaiah/Laura/Elincia now exist as competition, you're splitting into three teams, so you can easily field Rhys as a healer.

He's kinda like Laura. One rounded by everything and only useful for healing. Except like for Mist's case, he's not as useful as her, since Mist exists as competition in case you don't use Rhys, whereas you have to use Laura if you want a healer in part 1.

6.5/10

Dude above said a lot of bad things and ended up with a 6.5? Common Rhys is a Crowned Laura, that cant help Micaiah (letting her nuke while the other heals) and u rating him that high? I'd give him a 3/10 cause he is a healer and just cause of that. Healers get auto 3/10. The rest is just useless.

The better version of Mist basically with higher physic range and can actually chip. You can chip a lot of stuff in 3-P and 3-1 to help with the clears.

3/10

This. But make it 2/10.

tallying

Funny how Mia got more replies on Rhys' day than Rhys did. :/

Oh, and @Orange Crush: Not counting your vote because its really flawed in its logic. You're saying all of these terrible things about Rhys, and then procede to give him a 6.5, which is hardly terrible.

Edited by Lucina