Postgame Redux

Kaoz

Postgame Redux

Hey everyone, this is Kaoz, presenting a new podcast for SF Mafia. Joining me will be Paperblade, and together we will talk about various games, point out things that went well and things that didn't go so well, and cover other mafia related topics.

[spoiler=Episodes List]

Episode 1

Episode 2 - Post

Episode 1:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11187088/Postgame_Redux_Ep1.mp3

Referenced in this episode:

Selection of Mafia Roles

Pokemon TCG Mafia

Super Smash Bros Brawl Mafia

Disgaea Mafia

Also, something we forgot to point out in the episode, you are free to post things here that you would like us to address in the future. We can't guarantee that we will cover the exact thing you asked, but the more requests there are for a specific subject, the more likely we are to talk about it. This goes for both specific games and more general aspects.

As for the update schedule, at the moment we are aiming to produce one episode per week. This is subject to change depending on various factors though.

Comments and feedback are appreciated. Hope you enjoy and thanks for listening.

Edited by Kaoz

i do not feel inclined to listen to this because a) I wasn't here for those games and b) i'm a visual learner and not an audial one and typically space out if i'm listening to somebody but not actually talking to them!!

it would be useful if you could post transcripts as well for dumb people like me, unless you think that would totally ruin the point

Edited by Prims

i tried to listen even though i'm a really shitty listener.

stuff:

• please, please cut down on the "um"s! write down a draft of the script first and read from that when you get lost if it helps practice. you'll be better at capturing interest if you sound like you know what you're doing. plus pausing every few seconds breaks the flow of the speech and discombobulates listeners
  • you should probably work on volume balance. i dunno if paper just talks really quietly but early on i was finding it difficult to parse his speech compared to yours
  • either don't type while podcasting or set it up so your mic won't record it, people can hear that shit and it's kinda distracting
  • i think treating the podcast as an introduction to mafia is kinda fruitless cuz i imagine most people interested in listening will be the ones who already play the game and want to hear commentary on past games at whatnot. if you already know what a doctor is then you're going to be bored and feel like you're wasting your time listening (this is one reason i hate having to deal with audio instead of text, with text you can read at your own pace by glancing over it but if there's audio you don't want to listen to you have to skip around in the file and hope you don't miss anything important). really it's probably not worth talking about the basics unless you have very specific insight regarding them which isn't common knowledge
  • also paperblade how did you already forget that my game had no doctor ;_; jerk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think that there should be a podcast dedicated to me. As in about me. I am 100% serious. Feel free to rip apart my gameplay in any old game I've played. Except Itemafia. That one doesn't count.

EDIT: Actually, I am willing to guest host a session before Sunday. Any objections? It'll be epic to actually hear my own opinion in words.

Edited by Dat Kumtah

Quick update:

Please send us suggestions for what games/subjects you want us to discuss. Otherwise we're just gonna talk about whatever. (serious ones, Ether).

Kaoz is leaving on a two week vacation this Saturday and may not have internet access (and if he does is unlikely to be able to record), so we there is a good chance that the next episode will be delayed until he gets back or will involve a guest to replace him. Currently, there is a good chance this guest's name rhymes with "Wife." (no it's not Proto or RD)

not higurashi

Quick update:

Please send us suggestions for what games/subjects you want us to discuss. Otherwise we're just gonna talk about whatever. (serious ones, Ether).

Kaoz is leaving on a two week vacation this Saturday and may not have internet access (and if he does is unlikely to be able to record), so we there is a good chance that the next episode will be delayed until he gets back or will involve a guest to replace him. Currently, there is a good chance this guest's name rhymes with "Wife." (no it's not Proto or RD)

Ugh.... I have no idea!!!!!????? Quick, everyone change their usernames to rhyme with Wife. 8)

> SFMM2, duh.

> KRRM or maybe not.

> CPM?

oh, carnival phantasm would be fun to see covered too, but covering a noc game in an episode with a user whose name rhymes with wife would be a bad idea

but i'm not sure the person with the username that rhymes with wife has been following any of these (recent) games at all ? nonetheless the above poster does bring up a very very good point if we want to keep our sanity.

well haphazard is easy to catch up on even though d1 was more noc than oc. all you really need to know is that the town leader was at first third party, then when he died the new town leader was scum who later got modkilled at the start of 3p lylo for gg

well haphazard is easy to catch up on even though d1 was more noc than oc. all you really need to know is that the town leader was at first third party, then when he died the new town leader was scum who later got modkilled at the start of 3p lylo for gg

Why do I feel that the words "Bussed interceptor" would be said like 500 times.

But I do think haphazard would be a good one.

Schoolgirl maf?

Haphazard and Carnival Phantasm are also fairly good. They are my suggestions.

Although, I have questions about how well one can cover an OC game if they might not have the stuff (eg: I checked the convo that Shinori started for Haphazard, and Paper wasn't part of that).