Rate the Unit: Day 51 - Lyre

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BEST UNIT IN FE HISTORY, BETTER THAN SIGURD AND SETH MERGE TOGETHER!! 11/10

Pro

-uhh..................funny convo with Shinon?

-OMG that skl and spd growth!!

Con

-can't damage anything.

-need heavy babysit to be just usable.

-being a laguz mean she will be siting duck when not be transform.

-ever when transform, she is still a sitting duck.

0.1 + 0.5 bias for bring me a funny convo with Shinon

Overall

Edited by Jimmy_Smith

smash_fanatic does have one point about Lyre - in the theory of throwing stat boosters onto her, she's a lot more redeemable than some of the other units in this game. This doesn't give the player the excuse to do it, though, as the cost of doing so is extreme. I also find it sad that I just looked at Lethe's stats and realized just how pathetic even she is, though her growths are sadly better. Honestly to get her anywhere near damage ratios close to the Greil Mercenaries, she would need two Energy Drops and the Speedwings at the least. Even after that, she still loses Atk to Ranulf by 3 and Spd by 2.

0.5/10.

smash_fanatic does have one point about Lyre - in the theory of throwing stat boosters onto her, she's a lot more redeemable than some of the other units in this game. This doesn't give the player the excuse to do it, though, as the cost of doing so is extreme. I also find it sad that I just looked at Lethe's stats and realized just how pathetic even she is, though her growths are sadly better. Honestly to get her anywhere near damage ratios close to the Greil Mercenaries, she would need two Energy Drops and the Speedwings at the least. Even after that, she still loses Atk to Ranulf by 3 and Spd by 2.

0.5/10.

Yeah... it proves that cats really got the short straw in this game, seeing as even the one good cat still attracts a lot of hate (even if a good deal of it's not exactly warranted). Lethe's 4 levels higher and her bases are hardly any better than Lyre's (winning by 2 to 4 points in most stats), and according to aku chi, in part 3, a laguz stops getting more than 1 experience for transformed kills at level 23.

Edited by Golden Cucco

Sooo. Twincest is a thing?

ON a more serious note.

Let's say you dump all resources in her and slowplay BExp her with blossom. How much does she get salvaged?

Her Str and Def stats will still not grow reliably even though her skl and spd will hit that cap with over 80 miles an hour. AS soon as she hits that level 30 she'll start killing stuff with her high speed and that insane Rend skill but is it worth it?

Does she likely hit level 30?

Even if you Blossom her 1 level a chapter she's not hitting level 30 untill chapter 4-E-5. (lemme recheck 3-4, 3-7, 3-8. 3-10, 3-11, 3-E, 2 chapters in part 4 and then 5 chapters in endgame. yup that's 13 levels exactly)

Good luck with that.

0.0/10 with +0.5 bias because of a pretty collar and twincest 0.5/10

0/10

To the guys who gave her a 2~3+ score, we get it you have a penis / are trying to be funny. I've always loathed this character with a fiery passion.

I was dead serious, besides that, I don't care if you disagree because with me for giving a + 1 bias point. Go ahead and give a -10 bias. It will never affect my rating.

Lyre is made out of win. I had her cap every stat in a laguz playthrough in her starting chapter. And that makes her be incredible win. So i give a full bias point! =D

Also, Brofist @ Sharpy. Drafters know how to utilize the worst units best.

Sooo. Twincest is a thing?

ON a more serious note.

Let's say you dump all resources in her and slowplay BExp her with blossom. How much does she get salvaged?

Her Str and Def stats will still not grow reliably even though her skl and spd will hit that cap with over 80 miles an hour. AS soon as she hits that level 30 she'll start killing stuff with her high speed and that insane Rend skill but is it worth it?

Does she likely hit level 30?

Even if you Blossom her 1 level a chapter she's not hitting level 30 untill chapter 4-E-5. (lemme recheck 3-4, 3-7, 3-8. 3-10, 3-11, 3-E, 2 chapters in part 4 and then 5 chapters in endgame. yup that's 13 levels exactly)

Good luck with that.

0.0/10 with +0.5 bias because of a pretty collar and twincest 0.5/10

I'd say the answer is... not nearly enough to make up for the extreme cost.

She's cute. 7/10

So do you and sal share a brain? You both share the same tastes in bad characters, and you both make horribly illogical and biased votes depending on a characters sexiness! (Honestly Lyre is just one of the least attractive FE chicks in the series!)

Stil haven't bothered to read the rules I see.

edit: fuck drafters

Edited by Starwave

So do you and sal share a brain? You both share the same tastes in bad characters, and you both make horribly illogical and biased votes depending on a characters sexiness! (Honestly Lyre is just one of the least attractive FE chicks in the series!)

Stil haven't bothered to read the rules I see.

You just made my day for taking that seriously.

Edit: And where did I bring sexiness in my vote except for the + 1 bias? And since when do you get to decide what I find sexy? That's only possible if we share a brain as well! 8D

Edited by Vicious Sal

Fun fact: In a normal mode draft, I got her to S strike in 3-7, blossom helped her str stat and she got pretty good stats overall. The only real contribution she made to LTC'ing the draft was in 4-2. And that was only because of her monstruous avo, rend and stuff. But if someone hit her, she got like 3HKO'd because even blossom didnt make her proc def. Shes awful even with favoritism (which drafts practically force). Not as awful as Fiona though, IMO. But fiona has utility in HM, like chipping with a javelin in 3-6 for dropping gauge or trading items and canto'ing to safety. Lyre is just pure combat even if shes salvaged.

ON a more serious note.

All you need to do to make Lyre usable is 13 levels of Bexp and a Satori Sign. Even with her crappy base Str, Rend OHKOs just about everything (78 Atk). Lyre will have 40 transformed Spd at this point, so she'll double everything. New info coming in suggests that Rend's activation may only be Spd/2%, but that still results in a 36% ORKO chance (more with Adept or Resolve). So, Lyre can be used to some effect in NM, but so can every unit (though Fiona is still poor with all of the DB's Bexp).

Yeah, an OP that bans good votes just to get pleasure from "ripping apart" a fictional character. laugh.gif

...And you're getting that impression how?

You just made my day for taking that seriously.

Edit: And where did I bring sexiness in my vote except for the + 1 bias? And since when do you get to decide what I find sexy? That's only possible if we share a brain as well! 8D

Meh, the majority of my post was directed towards Aeine. Just dragged you along because you conveniently share jill badges and both liked lyre. I didn't decide anything, I was just putting my my own thoughts in parenthesis.

I give her a score of 1.5, because she's not as horrible as Fiona.

And add +1 Bias.

2.5/10.

inb4 Highest rating here.

Also, she's cute.

Fiona can be used to block ledges and rescue more effectively than Lyre.

During the chapters in part 3, Fiona gets free deployment to item mule and shit since she isn't competing for a deployment slot.

0/10, but I subtract 1 point because I thin she's less likable/interesting than her sister Lethe, so she gets -1/10.

So, Lyre can be used to some effect in NM

Rules say HM only so don't rate based on that (not sure if you did).

Ohhhh dear...

Lyre, the cute sister of Lethe.

Pros:

:mellow:

:unsure:

:huh:

:(:

Her...speed base isnt that bad?

Cons:

:facepalm:

Among the worst bases in the game.

Bad base level.

Cat gauge.

Strength is...almost non-existent.

Poor Lyre...Poor poor unfortunately Lyre. I feel so bad for her. Its not her fault...Poor sad little Lyre.

Lessee, shes...not good. She is a little easier to train than Fiona but not by much. Fiona actually has a nifty innate skill set despite everything. And no cat gauge. Lyre is bad. Really bad.

To get her to work is like pulling teeth. Its tough even in easy mode! For a decent to good Lyre, you need the following:

Adept

Blossom

An Energy Drop (or even two!!)

BEXP (a slow feed of putting her on the brink and slapping Blossom on her)

Some turn spam to get the strike level up.

Possibly Paragon

A Satori Sign

Olivi Grass

A couple of sets of Laguz Stones

Possibly a set of Laguz Gems

Yeah thats a lot. A freaking lot of resources. This is just to make Lyre good enough to use and be viable to the team. AND THATS ON EASY MODE!!!!! She takes more resources than Fiona to get going. When she has that shit though, shes pretty good. But really, i would never do this unless its Easy Mode and because i wanna see Lyre roflstomp. (cuz its hilarious to see!! Hilarious as all hell to see her kick the crap outta junk in endgame...) In the other modes, Lyre is like, completely unusable. O_o Yep....

0.5/10 I dont like giving complete zeros. 1/10 bias because shes so cute!

The reason why its a little harder to train Fiona is because Fiona takes A LOT of turns of abuse in at least one chapter and jipping someone like Jill out of a Paragon scroll.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

Ohhhh dear...

Lyre, the cute sister of Lethe.

Pros:

:mellow:

:unsure:

:huh:

:(:

Her...speed base isnt that bad?

Cons:

:facepalm:

Among the worst bases in the game.

Bad base level.

Cat gauge.

Strength is...almost non-existent.

Poor Lyre...Poor poor unfortunately Lyre. I feel so bad for her. Its not her fault...Poor sad little Lyre.

Lessee, shes...not good. She is a little easier to train than Fiona but not by much. Fiona actually has a nifty innate skill set despite everything. And no cat gauge. Lyre is bad. Really bad.

To get her to work is like pulling teeth. Its tough even in easy mode! For a decent to good Lyre, you need the following:

Adept

Blossom

An Energy Drop (or even two!!)

BEXP (a slow feed of putting her on the brink and slapping Blossom on her)

Some turn spam to get the strike level up.

Possibly Paragon

A Satori Sign

Olivi Grass

A couple of sets of Laguz Stones

Possibly a set of Laguz Gems

Yeah thats a lot. A freaking lot of resources. This is just to make Lyre good enough to use and be viable to the team. AND THATS ON EASY MODE!!!!! She takes more resources than Fiona to get going. When she has that shit though, shes pretty good. But really, i would never do this unless its Easy Mode and because i wanna see Lyre roflstomp. (cuz its hilarious to see!! Hilarious as all hell to see her kick the crap outta junk in endgame...) In the other modes, Lyre is like, completely unusable. O_o Yep....

0.5/10 I dont like giving complete zeros. 1/10 bias because shes so cute!

The reason why its a little harder to train Fiona is because Fiona takes A LOT of turns of abuse in at least one chapter and jipping someone like Jill out of a Paragon scroll.

Ive been able to use her effectively without costing turns in normal mode. Its doable with BEXP to .99 and blossom and getting her to S strike. Then, BEXP to level 30 after she caps skl spd with blossom and sign her.