Rate the Unit; Day 54 - Ulki

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac). And only hard mode!

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends when the next RTU thread is posted (at this point, it's hard to tell).

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" or "Gives you Bronze Sword" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise. I will not throw your vote out if I do not support your opinion. Possible reasons for a tossed vote include: your vote is higher/lower than the vast majority to "balance the score" and failure to justify a radically different score.

Averages:

LYRE!: 0.32

Fiona: 1.20

Meg: 1.34

Kyza: 1.53

Astrid: 2.10

Lethe: 2.21

Vika: 2.40

Leonardo: 2.53

Lucia: 3.06

Danved: 3.11

Mist: 3.11

Rhys: 3.21

Tormod: 3.28

Rolf: 3.36

Brom: 3.56

Ilyana: 3.75

Makalov: 4.00

Nealuchi: 4.41

Tauroneo: 4.50

Geoffery: 4.50

Black Knight: 4.60

Maurim: 4.72

Kieran: 4.82

Aran: 4.92

Laura: 5.13

Ranulf: 5.14

Heather: 5.29

Soren: 5.45

Edward: 6.31

Micaiah: 6.50

Calill: 6.59

Boyd: 6.85

Mordecai: 7.17

Gatrie: 7.22

Marcia: 7.31

Zihark: 7.44

Nephenee: 7.74

Shinon: 7.90

Oscar: 8.11

Elincia: 8.21

Janaff: 8.28

Leanne: 8.38

Rafiel: 8.45

Mia: 8.45

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.87

Sothe: 8.93

Nailah: 9.00

Nolan: 9.06

Reyson: 9.07

Ike: 9.28

Titania: 9.76

Haar: 9.91

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about his sweet avoid dry.gif? I'm actually curious because I've only played this game's NM , does the extra 20 avoid even matter ?

Well, Janaff never dies anyway. Maybe it gives a less risky 4-turn against Goran. It helps with unshifted exp training, but it's hardly reliable anyway.

Ulki, slightly inferior to Janaff due to needing twice the Bexp and having less str to start with. Also never told Tibarn to shut up.

He also has a worse growths spread so you won't be getting any Bexp str levelups.

8/10

Terrible offense, relies on grass / Stones. Overall inferior to Janaff. 4/10

He has the same base attack as Ranulf, whose offence you called sub-par, not terrible.

Ulki has base attack of 36, and he is always going to double. While he has more avoid than Janaff, the 4 less attack means he ORKOs less often, but he is one of the best candidates for Adept as 36 Speed means he has the highest activation rate out of anyone you've got. He has transformation issues, but his gauge is a lot more workable than a cats, plus 9 move and Canto means that if he does untransform, you can probably get him to safety. If you consider him untransformed, his 18 Speed means only Swordmasters double until 3-10, where a warrior can, and 3-11 onwards halberdiers and warriors can double. However, this is at base level, and if you BEXP him two levels so he can use Tear, then he will have 20AS, which means that non-swordmasters will not be doubling him regularly until 4-1. Also, his high HP means that he's not going to be ORKO'd, and his obscene avoid (96 at base untransformed, 102 if BEXPed 2 levels, transformed is 132, and 142) means enemy units will always have a miss chance. He does have no 2-range options, and does needed to use Olivi Grass, but Hawk Gauge means he can go into some rounds of combat a turn, and not just one. If you feel that 36 attack is too low, you can give him an Energy Drop to make his attack equal to Janaffs.

8/10 + Bias makes 9/10.

Edited by Shotguner159

Not really justified, but it's Lucina's call.

Also, Ulki gains a bit from a str. transfer, though not as much as a str/skl/spd/def/res one for Jill.

Slightly weaker than Janaff in general, but still gets the job done.

8.25/10.

This.

Lucina, shouldn't you like... enforce the "votes can be thrown out if they suck / troll" rule? This is the 2nd (3rd if you count Lyre) where Aeine straight up trolled with his terrible scores. (Dark Sage is clearly being facetitious) He embodies everything I hate about these RTU threads.

This can't go on.

Edited by Starwave

He's basing it on max LTC.

it says so in his sig.

No biggie, but aren't units with great bases good in LTC?

That's the point. Any good LTC player who plays hard mode will appreciate Janaff/Ulki/Reyson etc. Regardless, TURNZ don't fucking mean everything. Last time I checked, the tier list didn't fully encompasse LTC (otherwise we might as well take Eddy and drop his ass in top tier. BK too) there should be a rule about this -_-

Edited by Starwave

That's the point. Any good LTC player who plays hard mode will appreciate Janaff/Ulki/Reyson etc. Regardless, TURNZ don't fucking mean everything. Last time I checked, the tier list didn't fully encompasse LTC (otherwise we might as well take Eddy and drop his ass in top tier. BK too) there should be a rule about this -_-

Hmn.

Errr.....

The BK doesn't do THAT much.

Eddie, IDK, in NM he's godly, but in HM he's frail and requires str/spd lvls alot early on.

And, no, too many rules, too little variation.

(facepalm)

That wasn't the point I was trying to make. W/E I guess i'll just have to accept that mrIgot179turnsinHMandthusmyfaultyreasoningisalwayssound will dish out a terrible vote every day.

Edited by Starwave

(facepalm)

That wasn't the point I was trying to make. W/E I guess i'll just have to accept that mrIgot179turnsinHMandthusmyfaultyreasoningisalwayssound will dish out a terrible vote every day.

lol.

People have done better, no reason for people to get swelled heads over it.

Generally: Ulki 2HKOs Sages, Bishops, and Swordmasters; 3HKOs Snipers, Halberdiers, Paladins, and Warriors; 3-4HKOs Dracomasters; and 4-5HKOs Generals. Ulki always doubles. Ulki is the best Adept candidate. With Adept, he has a 59% chance to ORKO enemies he 3HKOs and a 13% chance to ORKO enemies he 4HKOs. Already, this is Mia-calibre offense. But with an Energy Drop, Ulki can 2HKO Snipers, Paladins, Warriors, and some Halberdiers; and 3HKO Dracomasters and Generals. ORKOing 80% of enemies with certainty and ORKOing the remainder at >59% likelihood is among the best offense in the game. Add to that the best movement in the game (better than Haar in indoor maps like 3-8), fantastic durability against all but Crossbows, and a great mastery not far off (with Adept and Tear, a level 30 Ulki has a ~77% chance to ORKO units he 3HKOs) and we end with a great unit.

@Starwave: I threw out his Lyre vote.

nope.chuck testa

Other people have explained why his attack isn't terrible, so I'm requesting you to try again.

Edited by Lucina

Very useful, he's one of the best non-royal laguz along with Volug and Jannaff... He gets extra points because he has I think the highest dodge rate in all the FE saga.

8.5/10 + 1 bias = 9.5/10

Other people have explained why his attack isn't terrible, so I'm requesting you to try again.

Something tells me you'd be better off banning him from these topics entirely.

Godly bases. Close to signing. Flight. Buuuut, he has a gauge which limits how many enemies he can take in every EP, and he has no 2 range attacks. There's grass but needing to chug that to stay transformed instead of just killing more shit in PP is a flaw that cannot be overlooked. 6/10 (7/10 -1 bias)