"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One question I had for some time...

How exactly does Counter works ?

Can you combine Refresh and Renewal ?And if so... How many HP do you recover ?

Does Dragonstones do Magic or Physical damage ?

Edited by TendaSlime

1. When a unit is attacked at 1-range, that unit returns the exact same amount of damage back to the attacker. It doesn't take up their attack. Although you have to be careful. If your target dies from Counter, you don't get EXP for it.

2. Yes. You would recover 30% from Renewal plus 20% from Refresh if you meet the condition. So if you have HP60, you would recover 18HP from Renewal + 12HP from Refresh.

3. Physical.

Edited by Remnant Sage

One question I had for some time...

How exactly does Counter works ?

Can you combine Refresh and Renewal ?And if so... How many HP do you recover ?

Does Dragonstones do Magic or Physical damage ?

Wood attacks a Warrior at range 1 and hits for 40 damage. If the Warrior survives, Wood instantly takes 40 damage himself. Wood then probably dies. If not, the Warrior gets a normal counterattack as well.

Yes; they stack for 50% HP recovery. Good luck getting Refresh to actually happen, though.

Physical damage, but they count for Holy Shield, like bows.

Is choosing casual or classic separate from the difficulty selector? I like the idea of being able to tactically sacrifice units.

Yes. You can have Lunatic with Casual Mode, for example.

You can have any mixing of difficulties and mode.

At 2:37.

As soon as the Wireless menu becomes available, you can upload them to your list of 99 stored bonus units and, from there, purchase them on other files for absolutely preposterous amounts of gold. Having the Gold and Silver DLC is basically a must if you want to be able to hire any decently powerful character, whether an MU or a past-game character, because of how much faster you can grind for insane amounts of cash.

Going back to your question, the menu becomes available after you complete Ch3.

Is that Ch3 of the sending file or the receiving file, or both?

1 - I heard the skirmishes are limited on each chapter this time, so you can't grind forever before passing chapters. Also, if you do them, do you trivialize the game like Sacred Stones or it's balanced ? Combat seems so fun in this game i don't know if i will skip them... unless they make you roflstomp the story...

2 - Same thing about low level DLCs, like Marth one, which have enemies lvl 3-10 unpromoted..doesn't seem fun to just roflstomp them later...recomended to do them early ? I believe the Gold DLC and EXP DLC can trivialize the game, as the Gold one can probably allow you to forge the most powerful weapon available for each chapter since the DLCs are repeatable.... So i will most likely skip these 2 until endgame for a first playtrough...

3 - Also about forging, are they limited by one per chapter ?

4 - After Endgame, are the skirmishes still limited or become infinite ?

5 - I heard sidequest characters can only be recruited only after clearing second-to-last chapter ( don't say number of the chapter please ). For example, in the FAQ or News there's a note of Paris, which seems to be like sidequest 18 or 19...So that means a ton of characters can only be used for the final chapter and DLC/Spotpass content ? Really ? Can they even support/marry ?

6 - Related to above, if they can, i'm guessing you are gonna have to farm skirmishes/repeat dlcs so they get the necessary points/chapters together with their supports...

7 - I saw a screenshot of the last DLC ( Strongest One Name ) and the enemy have like 80 STR and 60 SPD... I'm guessing you will need something similar to have a chance against these guys, but how the hell can you achieve these numbers ? I know Change Seals takes you back to lvl 1, but...how can you reach such insane numbers ? By the green numbers of the screenshot i assume caps still exists, but how do they work in this game to allow such high numbers ?

Wow...too many questions for ''just one to know one thing'' =p

1 - I heard the skirmishes are limited on each chapter this time, so you can't grind forever before passing chapters. Also, if you do them, do you trivialize the game like Sacred Stones or it's balanced ? Combat seems so fun in this game i don't know if i will skip them... unless they make you roflstomp the story...

This isn't quite right. There are two things that will update the skirmishes hanging around the world map--beating a chapter is one of them, and the other is letting the clock advance by a few hours.

2 - Same thing about low level DLCs, like Marth one, which have enemies lvl 3-10 unpromoted..doesn't seem fun to just roflstomp them later...recomended to do them early ? I believe the Gold DLC and EXP DLC can trivialize the game, as the Gold one can probably allow you to forge the most powerful weapon available for each chapter since the DLCs are repeatable.... So i will most likely skip these 2 until endgame for a first playtrough...

Running through each DLC that isn't postgame once won't break the game on any difficulty higher than normal, where the game is already pretty easy. Recruiting all the children right away easily gets you more experience than that.

3 - Also about forging, are they limited by one per chapter ?

No.

4 - After Endgame, are the skirmishes still limited or become infinite ?

They're never limited, see above.

5 - I heard sidequest characters can only be recruited only after clearing second-to-last chapter ( don't say number of the chapter please ). For example, in the FAQ or News there's a note of Paris, which seems to be like sidequest 18 or 19...So that means a ton of characters can only be used for the final chapter and DLC/Spotpass content ? Really ? Can they even support/marry ?

There are six specific characters who can only be recruited upon opening the final chapter, and are designed to be postgame characters. The maps won't be unlocked on launch day, and will become unlocked over the course of a few weeks, and are orange ont he map instead of the normal sidequest green. The characters can support MU and Mark if they father/mother them.

6 - Related to above, if they can, i'm guessing you are gonna have to farm skirmishes/repeat dlcs so they get the necessary points/chapters together with their supports...

This is true, but note that you'll have to grind for supports anyways just to get all the children.

7 - I saw a screenshot of the last DLC ( Strongest One Name ) and the enemy have like 80 STR and 60 SPD... I'm guessing you will need something similar to have a chance against these guys, but how the hell can you achieve these numbers ? I know Change Seals takes you back to lvl 1, but...how can you reach such insane numbers ? By the green numbers of the screenshot i assume caps still exists, but how do they work in this game to allow such high numbers ?

Caps are quite a bit higher in this game. A "good" cap is 40-45, plus 2-5 points from the character themself, plus 10 more from the Limit Breaker skill (+10 to all caps, obtained by beating Ike's DLC), plus any bonuses you get from other skills or from pairing. The berserker you were probably looking at is stronger than any of your units individually, but isn't all that bad to take down with a concerted effort once you have a maxed-out and optimized team.

Edited by cheetah7071

Track 63: Come, don't be afraid

Ah, thanks man!

OT: Since I finally figured out the song name, I made an extended version of it...

I'll probably extend the 1st World Map theme as well...I'm assuming there's another one, right? Or is there just one world map theme? How's that for another question, haha.

Hey, FE8 and its world map had like 6 map themes, that's why I asked haha:

-Post fall of Renais/Pre Renwall

-Eirika Path

-Ephraim Path

-Post Jehanna/Pre Finale

-Finale

-Creature Campaign

This disappointed me, actually. Oh, and there is no narration in this game, unlike the previous games.

Alas, there go our hopes of having Morgan Freeman enchant us with his dulcet tones.

Maybe he can voice Olivia.

HAZUKASHII DESU

Edited by Onestep