"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC, it's (Star) Lord only. Pretty sure Chrom loses it when he's a cav. Same for the Rapier.

Use of Rapiers are locked to Lord Class. Falchion's are locked to character as long as they can use swords with the exception of Marth who can use both Falchions if you don't reclass him.

[spoiler=Images]KromSocialknightEquipFalchion1.pngKromSocialknightEquipFalchion2.png

KromSocialknightEquipFalchion3.png

Thanks for confirming it... wasn't too sure. My post is now edited. Didn't realize there's now a.... Noble? Rapier ( I'm screwing up reading that... maybe) as well as the standard Rapier.

And those class change losses look really.... painful. Although imagine the crazy high promotion bonuses you'll get when you go back! If the FE8 Trainees got those types of bonuses...

Edited by pichupal

Hey Rey, is there an option to turn off the whole "who you married and the names of your children" thing off? That would annoy me to have that on all the time.

Nope.

It's there. As soon as the character marries someone and you recruit their children. It's at the bottom of the screen.

[10:58:57 PM] shadowofchaos725 (Rey): Frederick: "That's a load of pegasus dung."

[10:59:03 PM] shadowofchaos725 (Rey): ...must... resist...

[10:59:06 PM] shadowofchaos725 (Rey): BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

[10:59:08 PM] shadowofchaos725 (Rey): This is amazing.

Some of these script lines.

I'm gonna ENJOY tearing apart character changes.

But all in all, I'd say the localization did very well.

Edited by shadowofchaos

So... just to clarify, with reclassing...

If I change my Avatar from Strategist at level 10 to Cavalier, would it gain EXP as if it were level 11? Or would it be some other weird value? I'm still so confused as to how the whole thing works. I mean, if it's how I think it is, then really the best strategy is to just reclass at level 10, then promote.

Edited by Agro

Othin knows more about this than I do. There's something to do with the internal level count, that if you reclass.

However, if you promote via Master Seal, it clears your cumulative levels and adds 20 to your levels, essentially resetting it to 20?

It's a bit more costly, but it should help with EXP gains if it's down to a crawl... at least theoretically. I've never had a problem grinding since I have DLC... *shrug*

So... just to clarify, with reclassing...

If I change my Avatar from Strategist at level 10 to Cavalier, would it gain EXP as if it were level 11? Or would it be some other weird value? I'm still so confused as to how the whole thing works. I mean, if it's how I think it is, then really the best strategy is to just reclass at level 10, then promote.

2ch wiki to the rescue!

Whenever you use Change Seal, the hidden portion of the internal level will raise by floor[(visiblelevel-1)/2]

And therefore, Strategist 10 ---> Cavalier 1 will be treated as level 5. Note this only affects experience calculation, and for other calculations (such as skills and requirement to use another Change Seal) only the visible level will be used.

The hidden portion of the internal level will max at 20, 30 or 50 depending on the difficulty. Following this rule, the best reclass route is to reclass at level 10 until you have exhausted all 1st tier classes. This also means it is better to change class at even levels, since for example, a level 13 reclass and level 14 reclass will both raise internal level by 6.

Master Seal does nothing to the hidden level. It simply sets the visible part of your level to 21. Obviously, you'll get even less experience after using it.

Edited by nocturnal YL

Any idea on special Classes? Because I was thinking about the whole reclass at level 30 thing, and how they can reclass to promoted classes.

But taking Olivia as an example... (Taking Level 21 = Level 1 Promoted)

Dancer(Level 30+0 internal) -> DarkPeg(Level 21 + 15 internal)

vs.

Dancer(Level 30+0 internal) -> PegKnight(Level 1 + 15 internal) -> DarkPeg!(Level 21 + 15 internal)

vs.

Dancer(Level 10+0 internal) -> PegKnight(Level 1 + 5 internal) -> DarkPeg!(Level 21 + 5 internal)

or for Special Dance...

Dancer(Level 15/16+0 internal) -> PegKnight(Level 1 + 8 internal) -> DarkPeg!(Level 21 + 8 internal)

It seems like there's no benefit in staying in special classes till 30 or doing the promoted class change unless it's the final class you want them to be in.

Hey for those of your who have played it: How is the speed/evasion system working? I know in FEDS (which this game tends to take after a little bit) speed was absoutely worthless when it came to evasion because most attacks hit anyway. >_>

FE12 didn't seem as bad, at least characters could dodge sometimes. But it still wasn't as good as the GBA titles >>

Edit: I want to know so I can finish planning my unit. If speed is worthless then I'm going to aim for another stat to be 70% growth.

Edited by MagicKitty

Master Seal does nothing to the hidden level. It simply sets the visible part of your level to 21. Obviously, you'll get even less experience after using it.

I wasn't sure. I apologize for giving the wrong information. Looking at the 2ch wiki slipped my mind for some reason.

One guy that got the demo of the american version apparently got +2 HP on his Avatar (Asset: HP, Flaw: Luck) which, according to that wonderful calculator you have, should be impossible unless NoA changed the growth rates. Can anyone check if they can get +2 HP on theirs (with Asset: HP)?

One guy that got the demo of the american version apparently got +2 HP on his Avatar (Asset: HP, Flaw: Luck) which, according to that wonderful calculator you have, should be impossible unless NoA changed the growth rates. Can anyone check if they can get +2 HP on theirs (with Asset: HP)?

I can confirm this. So this is interesting. NoA changed the growths.

Edited by Konnor97

Hmm. Video?

The dynamic growth system from the DS games doesn't seem to be in effect here, but it would explain things if it was. Of course, it would only make sense if the Avatar was attaining LV3 without having gained HP when reaching LV2 - or something else involving higher levels probably not reached on the demo. That is, if I'm remembering the system right.

I'd need to see the video to be sure, though. What's the source?

Edited by Othin

Unless they changed the Strategists class HP growth, or both Avatar's and the Strategists HP growth.

That might have happened too.

So now we're kinda back at square one again in terms of growth rates...