"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

Ok, so if Dfliers and Valkyries classes are unavailable (My Avatar I'm planning will be male) what then? I guess what I'm trying to say is if I was choosing between Sage/Sorcerer/Dknight, would Dknight really stand as a good option to reclass to?

Staffs are good. Dark magic is good. Extra movement is good. It's just a matter of which capabilities best fit what your team needs.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know why Senri Kita didn't take on the job as character designer for Awakening? I'm just feeling really nostalgic, right now ohmy.gif

I don't think there's any particular reason. But seeing how IS wanted to try new things with the series, they probably asked Kozaki Yusuke because they think his style is nothing like FE.

I'd prefer Senri Kita over Kozaki Yusuke, speaking for myself.

If I activate Lethality while using Nosferatu/Aversa's Night, will I heal myself?

You heal half the enemy's current HP, then. The HP recovered is based on the actual damage done on the enemy.

What is an advantage Renewal over Life Absorb? I have some sets for certain children that involves Renewal, and some can't reclass into the Dark Knight class, unless if one of the children has Henri or Libera as their father.

Edited by Quick

^ You don't want to use Sol on Jerome?

I generally go into detail on why I ask questions, but I shouldn't have mentioned specifically Jerome. Yeah, Sol probably works just as fine. I'm focusing on some advantages as well because they are still many units that cannot re-class into said class.

Edited by Quick

What is an advantage Renewal over Life Absorb? I have some sets for certain children that involves Renewal, and some can't reclass into the Dark Knight class, unless if one of the children has Henri or Libera as their father.

Renewal heals you reliable at the start of each turn, even if you don't kill anything, but it heals you less than Life Absorb does on the turns you do kill something.

Sol is even less reliable due to randomness and depending on the damage you actually do, but in the right situation, it can have potentially even better payoffs. Like all skills with a stat-based activation rate, it gets much better in postgame when that activation rate goes way up.

Here's another question that may be hard to explain, but I'll do my best.

Well, actually, I guess I only have to get really into this depending on the answer to this question:

Do you get support points between all units for clearing a chapter, even if those units were never Paired Up or next to each other?

Well, actually, I guess I only have to get really into this depending on the answer to this question:

Do you get support points between all units for clearing a chapter, even if those units were never Paired Up or next to each other?

No; only FE9/11/12 use chapter deployments for determining support points. In FE13, support points are gained specifically by having the characters work together: by having them fight as a Pair or adjacent, or by having one heal or dance for the other.

Support works more like the GBA games here. You get them by having the units fight when having a potential supporter next to or in a pair with them. You also get support points by using staves and dancing.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Edited by nocturnal YL

I know this have been asked but where is the DLC saved when you download them? Is it the 3DS itself, the game, or the SD card? If DLC is saved onto the 3DS or the SD card, can we "cheat" and load the DLC onto another copy of Awakening?

I know this have been asked but where is the DLC saved when you download them? Is it the 3DS itself, the game, or the SD card? If DLC is saved onto the 3DS or the SD card, can we "cheat" and load the DLC onto another copy of Awakening?

SD card.

Data related to 3DS are stored this way:

- DSiWare goes to system memory

- 3DS downloadables (whether it's games, game saves or DLCs) go to SD card

- Card-based games' save files stay with the game cards

You can put in another copy of the game and use the 3DS's DLCs. Once you play it again with a different 3DS, the DLCs are gone. You can't use DLC items while not having the DLCs, but what's already applied (class and skills) will stay with your units, although they'll have placeholder names. And obviously, you can't play the DLC chapters or see the DLC characters' protraits without the DLC.

What's the closest comparison to Awakening's hard mode? I heard FE10's "normal" being thrown around as a comparison.

Also does difficulty apply to DLC? Or are they all independent of file difficulty?

FE10 Hard is a better comparison to FE13 Hard.

Most DLC maps scale with file difficulty. The main exceptions are the three standalone bonus monster maps where you get gold, Exp, and ultimate weapons, respectively; the first two are meant to be pitifully easy, but the third is meant to be more of a challenge. As a result of the lack of scaling, it seems less impressive on the higher difficulty levels, matching up more with maps in the later end of the story rather than postgame. The other exception is the final Ultimate Training DLC, where all enemies are at absolute full power on any difficulty level, although that map also has a harder version you can play on any difficulty level for an additional reward.

FE10 Hard is a better comparison to FE13 Hard.

Most DLC maps scale with file difficulty. The main exceptions are the three standalone bonus monster maps where you get gold, Exp, and ultimate weapons, respectively; the first two are meant to be pitifully easy, but the third is meant to be more of a challenge. As a result of the lack of scaling, it seems less impressive on the higher difficulty levels, matching up more with maps in the later end of the story rather than postgame. The other exception is the final Ultimate Training DLC, where all enemies are at absolute full power on any difficulty level, although that map also has a harder version you can play on any difficulty level for an additional reward.

Really? I know I haven't played that much, but FE13's hard mode feels more like FE10's Normal mode. Then again I've only played the first 2 chapters and even in Lunatic mode the first 2 chapters were easy.