"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

Yes, and I'd recommend doing so on your first playthrough. Advanced mechanics have no place in a real first playthrough.

Said ledge can easily be reached by deploying two fliers (Sumia and Cordelia), your best healer, and three guys you want to train by the top of the map, and Chrom and another trainee near the bottom. Put Trainee #1 on Trainee #2, put Healer behind Flier #1, fly Healer #1 up to the ledge, switch and rescue the Trainee pair, put Trainee #3 on Flier #2 and fly them up there, pair up Chrom and Trainee #3 with whomever has the better move up front and run for the ledge. Run until the enemy fliers catch up to you and either fight them if you can (the vanguard is small), or send your Fliers down one turn in advance so Chrom can move, pass the Trainee to one, and then pair up with the other, and then have both pairs fly to safety. Tank the fliers, then siege.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have clarified, on a no grind no dlc lunatic first run, is it reasonable to beat the game without really bothering with kids.

I'd assume it is.

I wouldn't advise doing a Lunatic first run, but yes, it's reasonable.

Oh, and I have a rather strange question: does anyone know if the Generals on Apo wave 1 start aggro'ed, or require you to move into their range first? I recall that nobody in Apo is auto-aggroed, but need to be sure. And if they aren't, will they aggro if I go after the clerics?

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

I know this has been asked so many times but....

Say I buy a new 3DS and I switch the SD card on my old 3DS(my current and only one) to the new one, does the DLC still work?

Only if you've either bought the DLC on the new one, or you've transferred everything on your old 3DS to the new one. Otherwise, no.

Only if you've either bought the DLC on the new one, or you've transferred everything on your old 3DS to the new one. Otherwise, no.

I'm assuming this is through the system transfer thing that I've heard about?

If so, where do I go to on my 3DS to do this?

Go to the icon that looks like a wrench. "System Settings." From there, go to Other Settings>, then go to 3, and select System Transfer. Then just do what it tells you. Once you're done, you can pop out your old SD Card and swap it into the new 3DS, along with your game cart or what have you, and go enjoy yourself.

Quick questions on rallies, I've seen people with multiple rallies on two or so characters. When you use it, do all the rallies apply at the same time?

Yes, when the rally command is used, all the rallies that unit possesses are activated.

But remember that only one type of each rally can be applied per turn; you can use Rally Spectrum and Rally Str and they will stack, but two Rally Str's won't stack.

Oh, and I have a rather strange question: does anyone know if the Generals on Apo wave 1 start aggro'ed, or require you to move into their range first? I recall that nobody in Apo is auto-aggroed, but need to be sure. And if they aren't, will they aggro if I go after the clerics?

Anyone?

Yeah, waiting. Clearing a chapter or paralogue sometimes works as well.

However, if you need Rift Doors/Reeking Boxes, grind on a really weak spotpass team and farm event tiles for them. It's slow, but not as slow as waiting, and you get exp/support out of it.

If Reeking Boxes are needed and out of the question due to Hard Mode, I recommend using Leif's Blade to get a few Bullion from the Risen. As long as your Lck is decent (40+) and you don't kill too many dudes on EP, you'll get enough cash to fund more Reeking Boxes.

I guess this is a follow up question regarding DLC and SD cards.

Does copying stuff from one SD card to another retain the DLC stuff and save data for game progress?

So I bought an XL and downloaded the new Ace Attorney game(only way to get the game) and I checked my available space on the SD card and it's running kinda low for my liking considering there might be more DLC for the AA game coming out. I also have all of the Awakening DLC so I was wondering, during the system transfer, it was suggested that I use the old SD(2GB) from the regular 3DS but since it's running a bit low for space, can I copy the stuff on the 2GB(current SD used by the XL) onto the 4GB SD card that came with the XL? Or am I out of luck?

Edited by MagicLugh

If you copy the contents of the old SD card to the new one, it'll all be there.

However, the DLC itself is tied to your account with Nintendo, which is tied to your 3ds. As long as you did a System Transfer, you can just re-download all the DLC for free to the new card and skip hassling with SD card copying.

So a couple more questions, if y'all don't mind. Could I just make a new file, add MU to the logbook, and then go back and recruit that MU in my main file? Also, I just recruited Ephraim from RaR1 and was wondering if someone could suggest some skills to use with him. His final class will probably end up being Paladin.

So a couple more questions, if y'all don't mind. Could I just make a new file, add MU to the logbook, and then go back and recruit that MU in my main file? Also, I just recruited Ephraim from RaR1 and was wondering if someone could suggest some skills to use with him. His final class will probably end up being Paladin.

Honestly, I'd keep him as a Great Knight, but that's just me. In my opinion, he makes a good tank with Aegis, Pavise, Res +10, Limit Breaker, and Conquest is good if the enemy has a lot of weakness-effective weaponry. Otherwise, you can just put something else up there to aid in being a tank, like All Stats +2, as marginal as that might be.

New avatar units made within your copy can only be added to the logbook if you complete the game, unless you can spawn yourself as a StreetPass encounter and recruit yourself that way (requires 2 3DSes).

Eh, I'll just give him Aegis, Pavise, Sol, LB, AT/Conquest depending what I'm fighting. I should be using the spotpass version for this setup, but I like the DLC art too much.

Edited by Pheo