"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, who is usually the best candidate for the boots? I don't tend to have much trouble with movement in this game thanks to pair up, but I want to use it on someone. Is Avatar best (I tend to use them most)? Or someone else I'm overlooking?

What do you guys think fits better: Great Knight Ephraim or Pally Ephraim?

Also, what's the point of married units improving relationship? Do their Dual Strike/Guard chances go up?

Yes, and quite significantly (+60% Dual Strike rate for S-supported units), and an S support yields +15 Hit, +10 Crit/Avo/Dodge.

[spoiler=Paralogue 22 question]WRT the copies of your fighting party, will they have the exact same weapons and skills as the characters you're using? (e.g. Cynthia has a Silver Lance and Sigurd's Lance. Will the duplicate of her have the same weapons?)

Edited by Levant Fortner

So, who is usually the best candidate for the boots? I don't tend to have much trouble with movement in this game thanks to pair up, but I want to use it on someone. Is Avatar best (I tend to use them most)? Or someone else I'm overlooking?

I'd say Olivia for eventual dancing or something like that. Morgan or Avatar are also possibilities, due to having so many options that they can do. Don't forget you get two boots, one during the game and one from Honor or whatever it's called.

I'd say Olivia for eventual dancing or something like that. Morgan or Avatar are also possibilities, due to having so many options that they can do. Don't forget you get two boots, one during the game and one from Honor or whatever it's called.

Oh, I didn't know that, thanks! Hmm, while I still want to have one of them be on the Avatar, having one on Olivia also sounds good; sometimes she is one square too short to reach units needing a dance. Good idea!

[spoiler=Paralogue 22 question]WRT the copies of your fighting party, will they have the exact same weapons and skills as the characters you're using? (e.g. Cynthia has a Silver Lance and Sigurd's Lance. Will the duplicate of her have the same weapons?)

[spoiler=reply]Skills, yes. It is thus advisable that your team remove deadly skills like Lethality, Counter and even Vengeance.

Weapons, no. Their weapons are fixed as followings:

Sword - Silver Sword

Lance - Silver Lance, Spear

Axe - Silver Axe, Tomahawk

Bow - Silver Bow

Longbow - Longbow

Tome - Bolganone, Thoron

Dark Tome - Waste

Staff - Physic, Recover

Beaststone - Beaststone+

Dragonstone - Dragonstone+

[spoiler=reply]Skills, yes. It is thus advisable that your team remove deadly skills like Lethality, Counter and even Vengeance.

Weapons, no. Their weapons are fixed as followings:

Sword - Silver Sword

Lance - Silver Lance, Spear

Axe - Silver Axe, Tomahawk

Bow - Silver Bow

Longbow - Longbow

Tome - Bolganone, Thoron

Dark Tome - Waste

Staff - Physic, Recover

Beaststone - Beaststone+

Dragonstone - Dragonstone+

I see. It's not like I consider any of those skills you named worth using anyhow.

I see. It's not like I consider any of those skills you named worth using anyhow.

[spoiler=Even more Paralogue 22 stuff]They may not be all that good for the player, but it's easy to overlook them on the enemies. Especially if you're used to ignoring enemy skills because you're too powerful for even the skills to scratch you.

Also, there are multiple approaches to play this stage. On one hand, you can face it the way it's designed to - fighting enemies that are as strong as you are, or even stronger. On the other hand (though I wouldn't recommend it), you can have a strong unit and fill the rest with weak ones (like an army of SpotPass units, all reclassed to priest/cleric), and battle will become incredibly easy. That defeats the purpose of the stage, though, and sadly you only have one chance for such a battle. (This should have been a DLC chapter instead, and use something else as the map for Aversa.)

Well no, the DLCs are scaled just like they are in Normal. You attempt them as you progress through the game.

Though I DO NOT recommend taking on Lunatic Mode Marth DLC as soon as you get access to it. I'm pretty sure Elincia can double most of your units on her own with that Javelin.

Some of those enemies are really deadly, but I'd still recommend taking it on ASAP if possible. I've found that Ch4 is enough time to prepare.

SpotPass, StreetPass and DLC characters can be modified just like any other unit. They don't join with any weapons/items though.

She will only pass down Shadowgift if it's set as her last skill.

So can I, for example, take Conquest from SpotPass character Zephiel and give it to Frederick?

I have a question..

How do you guys usually leveling up after the unit hit cumulative cap level?

I don't know how the others play, but speaking for myself, I class change at level 10 in base classes and level 16~20 in advanced classes.

I usually go through all base classes first, then the advance classes. After touring through them, I'll get a unit with maxed stats in all classes and with all possible skills obtained. There are exceptions and conditions, like if Great Knight is an option, I'll go through that ASAP, ahead of other options, because of its horribly low magic cap for an advanced calss. I'll also choose to reclass at level 20 instead of 16 if there is one or two stats (usually magic and resistance) that are harder to cap and in this case, getting 4 extra mag/res would be helpful for me to max all stats. It's not practical, but I want to be perfect ever since effortlessly maxing everything in FE10 before - and FE13 gave me a chance for exactly this.

...Oh. Silly me for misreading the question completely and wrote all that stuff about class changing before maxing internal level. You're more of asking how to gain levels after hitting the level cap? Simple.

Use Seliph's DLC repeatedly. 800 Exp per battle isn't so bad. If you're DLC-less, using Reek Box at an endgame location (chapters 24~25 and paralogues 18~23). If you're DLC-less and play on Lunatic, you're screwed. I suppose you can still grind with the Rescue staff, provided your units can use staves in the first place.

Without grinding, DLC and stuff, just the main story and the paralogues, how long is this game?

How long did it take you to finish the game the first time?

I estimate 40~60 hours to cover the 51 non-DLC chapters.

So does anyone know how the Lodestar class works with reclassing? Like, once you reclass from Lodestar, can you reclass back to Lodestar as a level 10 non-promoted unit or must you use a Second Seal on that unit when as a promoted unit?

So does anyone know how the Lodestar class works with reclassing? Like, once you reclass from Lodestar, can you reclass back to Lodestar as a level 10 non-promoted unit or must you use a Second Seal on that unit when as a promoted unit?

Lodestar, like other single-tier classes, functions as a non-promoted class: a character with it in their class set can return to it from LV10+ unpromoted or any level promoted.