"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

Again.

1) Is it possible to use unpromoted units (combat units not support) without grinding in Lunatic mode ?

2) Are Fire Tomes useless (except Falaflamme) ? Thunder tomes are better and wind tomes kill flying units but fire tomes ???

1) Yes, but aside from Chrom and MU, don't expect them to go far. Not as field units, anyway. Combat classes can be great for adding Double bonuses, but that's still support, not direct fighting. Of course, also considering Cries, there are a lot of options for support, so weaker characters tend to be important that way.

2) Fire tomes appear at the top of the tomes category when accessing the item list, and therefore require the least scrolling to move to characters' inventories in bulk. For this reason, I tend to use fire spells a lot for easy postgame missions once I've amassed ridiculous amounts of items. Otherwise, yes, they're useless.

Edited by Othin

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the skill astra is activated, can other skills be activated as well? Say a unit has both astra and luna, during the astra attack could luna activate?

When the skill astra is activated, can other skills be activated as well? Say a unit has both astra and luna, during the astra attack could luna activate?

No.

Is Nono's race of dragon ever revealed, or is she just "dragon"?

Likewise, is Gimle ever linked to the Earth Dragons, or is he just "evil dragon"?

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I've been checking on this thread and I haven't seen it.

Likewise, is Gimle ever linked to the Earth Dragons, or is he just "evil dragon"?

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I've been checking on this thread and I haven't seen it.

I believe Nono is a Divine Dragon, like Tiki.

She turns into the same shiny dragon as Tiki and I believe its mentioned they're from the same tribe.

NoNo's certainly not one of the other types of Akaneia's Dragon Tribes.

Three question, Does Astra work with magic and tanguel stones/ dragon stones? and do skills such as sol and lethality activate during astra attacks? Finally, do dragon stones go off of attack or magic?

Edited by Griffen78

Like bows, Dragonstones run on Str but activate Holy Shield.

Sol, Luna, Astra, Aether, Magnificent Flame, Vengeance, and Lethality are all incompatible: you can only activate one at a time, with the ones with lower activation rates having their chance first. This is, to my knowledge, the only instance of separate skills not stacking in FE13.

So how high does enemy avoid tend to be? I ask because I'm curious as to what kind of skill rank is necessary to actually land a hit on any given enemy. Can you get away with a low skill cap? Or do you need high skill to have even a decent chance at landing a hit in Lunatic and above?

So how high does enemy avoid tend to be? I ask because I'm curious as to what kind of skill rank is necessary to actually land a hit on any given enemy. Can you get away with a low skill cap? Or do you need high skill to have even a decent chance at landing a hit in Lunatic and above?

Well, 10 points of Skl only translates to a difference of 15 Hit. So such a small differences as those contained in caps wouldn't make much of a difference anyway, if you would even reach the caps.

I guess having really abysmal Skl like enemy Barbarians and Berserkers would cause problems, but otherwise, I didn't have many issues with hitting things as long as I was using high-leveled characters and the enemies didn't have Slayer skills. At least, from what I remember.

Well, 10 points of Skl only translates to a difference of 15 Hit. So such a small differences as those contained in caps wouldn't make much of a difference anyway, if you would even reach the caps.

I guess having really abysmal Skl like enemy Barbarians and Berserkers would cause problems, but otherwise, I didn't have many issues with hitting things as long as I was using high-leveled characters and the enemies didn't have Slayer skills. At least, from what I remember.

It's that small a difference from levelling skill? That's somewhat disappointing, considering the huge number of skills that raise accuracy/decrease enemy accuracy.

Crimson Curse is practically equivalent to 10 points of skill all on it's own.

Not sure if this was asked but from 1 to 10 how would you rate the bosses, map design, and music?

Thanks

Bosses, at least the generic ones don't tend to be memorable, as they should be.

If they're story critical, they do tend to. I'd give it an 8/10.

Map Design? The 3D effect makes them very nice looking. 9/10.

Music? I cried. The sheer emotion that they express along with the atmosphere on certain chapters. 10/10

So, about passing on skills, the skill in the fifth slot of a units skillset (can't find a better term) is passed on to the child correct? If that's is true than could you rearrange skills so that they appear in the last spot, and thus be passed on? And can female skills like lance expert or secluded lady be passed on to a child?

Edit: Sorry, I meant to say male child at the end there.

Edited by Knight

Couple questions:

What determines critical avoid? Does anyone know the formula? What does it do, exactly?

How easy is it to earn money post-game without the help of DLC?

If two different classes have the same Skill, do they both critical at the same rate, or is there some sort of innate difference?

1. Crit Avoid = Luck.

2. Really easy on Normal just from doing skirmishes. Haven't played Hard. Lunatic... Not even near post-game, so no comment. I would imagine it being pretty hard since enemy stats were pretty much maxed by the time I was in Chapter 5.