"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

The existence of mindscrews and time travel probably just means that the whole story will make no sense at the end.

Yeah, it's very judgmental towards a game I haven't played...

But time travel breaks most stories. Most of the time, they require you to ignore something in order for it to make sense.

Sure, there are good time travel stories... But I can't imagine, that IS pulled it off.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disregarding skills, which would you say is better out of Strategist and Battle Cleric?

Battle Cleric cause base stats and stat caps... but it depends on what your team needs. I'd say go Grandmaster since I'd rather go Valkyrie/Sage/something else as opposed to Battle Cleric.

How common are master seals? And change seals?

You can buy them anytime after Ch12 and Ch16, respectively, so you'll have all you need. Before that point, they appear often in the hands of random merchants, but they're a bit limited otherwise.

You can use the touch screen instead of most button commands, but it's not necessary.

As for units, it depends on the chapter. The Final allows 16; story chapters up to that point allow up to 15, increasing as the game progresses. Postgame chapters can have even more: Ike's DLC, the final and hardest of the Talisman series, allows 20 units, and Sidequest 23, where you can fight and recruit the bonus character Paris, allows a whopping 30 units, both against armies of 50 enemies far stronger than any regular enemies in the main story.

You can use the touch screen instead of most button commands, but it's not necessary.

As for units, it depends on the chapter. The Final allows 16; story chapters up to that point allow up to 15, increasing as the game progresses. Postgame chapters can have even more: Ike's DLC, the final and hardest of the Talisman series, allows 20 units, and Sidequest 23, where you can fight and recruit the bonus character Paris, allows a whopping 30 units, both against armies of 50 enemies far stronger than any regular enemies in the main story.

Is MU forced to play every chapter like krom(assuming im right)?

If you were to reclass Fedrick to a tier 1 class would he gain EXP faster or would he still be and EXP thief that way?

Also, how hard or easy to get gold in this game? Are there any arenas on any of the maps?

If you were to reclass Fedrick to a tier 1 class would he gain EXP faster or would he still be and EXP thief that way?

Also, how hard or easy to get gold in this game? Are there any arenas on any of the maps?

Frederick would still have quite a few internal levels, so he'd still be gaining levels slower than your normal unpromoted units at the same level.

It tends to be easy enough to get gold, especially if you have a certain DLC chapter.

Edited by Strunk

LV1 Great Knight Frederick gains Exp as a LV21 unit. If dropped from that level to be a LV1 Cavalier, he'll gain Exp as a LV11 unit. So he'll gain Exp faster, but not as fast as a character with no levels at all. Regardless, like most Jagens, he's a great unit, and "Exp thief" is a term that is simply wrong: the amount of Exp taking a character does is simply the amount of killing they do.

You get a lot of gold, but there are no arenas. Skirmishes give plenty of gold each, but on the harder difficulties, it won't cover the increased price of the item you can use to summon them, so you'll have to wait for them to show up on their own. You can also get massive amounts of gold from the Gold and Silver DLC, which you can replay any number of times on any file if you purchase it. Using it excessively ingame is rather cheap, but it's fantastic for postgame.

Speaking of EXP gains... Anyone care to test these formulae out for me? Poked at it, then brute-forced it a little while ago. Not sure if they need any tweaking.

LD = ELv - Plv, Promoted = Lv+20
Total = (Hit + Kill) * mods (Elite, War Knowledge)
Hit min = 1
Kill min = 7
Total max = 100

LD >= 0
Hit = (31 + LD) / 3
Kill = 20 + LD*3 + Class + Boss

LD = -1
Hit = (33 + LD) / 3
Kill = 23 + LD*3 + Class + Boss

LD <= -2
Hit = (33 + LD) / 3
Kill = 26 + LD*3 + Class + Boss

Class Bonus
Thief/Assassin/Thief/Overlord +20
Mummy +80
Troubadour/Cleric/Curate -10

Boss Bonus +20

That's a lot of units, so then are the maps larger than other games? Thanks

Can you get Seals from the DLC? I'm just wondering how broken I could make a file if I spam the Gold and Silver one and the others for exp and have a fully promoted team in like Chapter 6 or something.

Can you get Seals from the DLC? I'm just wondering how broken I could make a file if I spam the Gold and Silver one and the others for exp and have a fully promoted team in like Chapter 6 or something.

You can get Master Seals from Harvest of Bonds' boss. Otherwise, not directly so far, but they already show up at random on merchants, and are especially common on the early maps. However, getting a lot of seals will take a lot of real-time waiting.

It's possible that another OWR map might have a boss drop Change Seals, though, which would make it possible.

If Krom obtains an S support with either FemaleMU, Sumia, Mariabel or Soiree does the confession scene at the end of CH 11 occur or is it skipped?

No, it is skipped.

As Othin said, not conventional Seals, but it's worth pointing out that you can get an endless number of Demon Fighter Scrolls and Bride's Bouquets from their respective missions. They can be used over and over to provide endless leveling, so it's possible to have an utterly broken team of maxed Brides and Demon Fighters before Chapter 5, if you really wanted.

Random question, are there any characters (not counting MU and the like) that can, through swapping classes or through skills, use every kind of weapon/magic? This would include Swords, Lances, Axes, Bows, Staves, Anima Magic, and Elder Magic. Obviously, I don't mean using all of them at the same time, just a character that is able to use all of them at one point or another.

Edited by Strunk

Tiamo and Richt are two that spring immediately to mind. If we're including DLC, a lot more possibilities show up, such as Sarya and Callum. And of course all the children should be able to with the right pairings.

If you want to include dark magic and all the others that don't count (longbows and katanas), you'll have to work with pairings a bit, but it's doable as well. Sarya has Dark Mage and Archer already, so pair her with any of the guys with Myrmidon as an option for Noire to get access to everything. She may still need Bride for staffs, but you can fix that by going with Ronku or Gaia.

Edited by Othin