"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

In-game Anna is perfectly serviceable, but Gaia doesn't have the magic growth to care about staves and would rather go assassin for better stats and marginally better skills.

Postgame anybody can have maxed magic so tricksters are more valuable, but they won't be nearly as good at staffbotting as sages (with their superior magic cap) or falcon knights (with their superior movement), and still won't be as good at combat as assassins. Overall I'd rather have a character who's maximally competent in an assigned role rather than ok at two different roles.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saarya is not a name that anglicizes well. Some liberties have to be taken to turn it into something that's pronounceable and sounds vaguely like a name in English.

I should add that Sariya was a very minor character revealed at a time when news on the game was bustling, so I guess we just thought of a serviceable name and stuck with it. We did the same with "Soso", but changed to "Nn" ASAP because the reading wasn't slightly wrong, it was totally wrong X D

In hindsight, Sallya (her official Japanese name) would have been a nice name to use, but it never entered my thought then.

Reclassing requires a change seal, only a character at level unpromoted 10 or higher(including a promoted unit of any level) can reclass, promoted characters at level 10+ or single stage classes(Taguel, Villager) at level 30(which is only available for single stage classes) can reclass into either unpromoted or promoted classes, unpromoted classes and promoted classes from level 1-9 can only reclass to unpromoted classes within the characters available set.

Reclassing sets the characters level to 1 in which ever class they switch too and yeah a character can reclass in order to gain the skill within all of their available classes.

Well, some corrections.

Promoted units can go to a Level 1 version of their class at Level 20. So if I were to make Henry a Sorcerer, from levels 1-9 he could only reclass to unpromoted classes, levels 10-19 he could reclass to everything but Sorcerer, and at Level 20 he can reclass to anything in his class pool, including Sorcerer.

Single stage classes at Level 30 can only reclass to anything once they've promoted once. I think Level 20 first stage classes can reclass to anything at Level 20, but only after they promote once.

We did the same with "Soso", but changed to "Nn" ASAP because the reading wasn't slightly wrong, it was totally wrong X D

In hindsight, Sallya (her official Japanese name) would have been a nice name to use, but it never entered my thought then.

I was surprised that anyone thought of Soso at all. The game's font distinguishes So and N well enough, and Nn's recruit conversation has her complaining about her name.

Single stage classes at Level 30 can only reclass to anything once they've promoted once. I think Level 20 first stage classes can reclass to anything at Level 20, but only after they prom*ote once.

My own experience says otherwise. In my first playthrough, I reclassed Manakete Nono to Dragonmaster despite this was her first reclass.

And level 20 first-tier classes can only promote to first-tier classes, regardless of promotion history. Anything other than experience calculation don't care about how many times a unit has reclassed.

How viable would Counter be on Wood? Would he be dodging too much for it to matter? I was thinking of having Counter + Sol, but seems almost pointless if he's mostly going to dodge. Would I be better off having another skill instead?

Counter is bad on your units in general. It's only useful if you're both failing to kill enemies naturally and taking a bunch of hits. A skill that's only good when you're doing horribly, but doesn't protect your units in any way, seems pretty bad.

Counter is bad on your units in general. It's only useful if you're both failing to kill enemies naturally and taking a bunch of hits. A skill that's only good when you're doing horribly, but doesn't protect your units in any way, seems pretty bad.

IIRC Counter can also rob your unit of EXP since a Counter-kill is worth 0EXP (+ hit EXP if the unit had successfully hit the enemy during that round of combat).

Oh no. :( Well thank you for the info.

I was surprised that anyone thought of Soso at all. The game's font distinguishes So and N well enough, and Nn's recruit conversation has her complaining about her name.

I think the same argument applies, but on a larger scale.

Nn was a minor character revealed at a time when news was at its peak, as the game had just been released. Also, don't forget that a bunch of Japanese fans had the game early, while nobody on SF had access to the game or made it far enough to recruit her.

Wrath is an incredibly bad skill this time around. 20% critical isn't worth it at all. If the character is tanky enough to keep surviving at half hp go for it I guess, but you'll be hard pressed to find a character who can survive at half hp while not being invincible enough to just never reach half hp. If you really want it to work, try adding in gamble and astra, just to maximize the chances of an enemy being smacked by something.

I'd say mostly Strength Cry and possibly Axe Expert are the only Male exclusive skills that are significant enough that you'd specifically want to transfer them to a Female Child.

Strength Cry mostly for stacking with Rainbow Cry, Speed Cry and Love Cry on a Female Child since it's the only way you'll get 10 STR and 10 SPD boost from a set of cries on a single character/from a single action.

Edited by arvilino

I mean in battle images.. Not the icons that it shows when selecting them :/

I can take photos if you want. Which weapons do you want to see?

Here's one I already have:

[spoiler=image]P1060885-Valhartsaxe.jpg

Valhart with his giant (yet throwable) Wolfberg axe.

Ok thanks is/ their a good skillI/s to pass from the guy exclusive classs to pass to girl children?

I know some people who like to pass Counter because it makes their enemy versions (as StreetPass team) actively try to have melee attack, making the other team need to find some way to avoid this.

I suppose it's somewhat useful in battling enemies with Absolute Hit, though I've never played Lunatic+ and don't know if the damage done to them (and you) is significant enough to prefer Counter over some other skill.

Edited by nocturnal YL

@nocturnalYL: You think it would be okay for a weapon images compilation thread to be made for particular weapons to be showcased? I'm just asking because there may be a person or two wondering about any consistency between the designs used in FE4 and FE13 for the Jugdral Legendaries. Like Tyrfing for instance.

Hey I have a question about streetpass teams. can you only have one passed team from a human person at a time or no.Ex. I pass person A. and now i have their team.I now have just passed person B.Do I have person A and B teams or do I now have Bs.

Also for making a team for streetpass do you choose one file and make your streetpass team out of that one file or are all units mixed from each file together and you make your team outta all of them?