"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

Sorry if this question has been asked before but I don't feel like going through 33 pages to see if if someone else asked the question:

When it comes to class changing with a seal change how much to the base stat alter? Like say you were to reclass a level 15 lord Krom to a level 1 calvier (I already know that when reclassing no matter what the level gets reset back to 1) how m,uch would his stats go down?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this question has been asked before but I don't feel like going through 33 pages to see if if someone else asked the question:

When it comes to class changing with a seal change how much to the base stat alter? Like say you were to reclass a level 15 lord Krom to a level 1 calvier (I already know that when reclassing no matter what the level gets reset back to 1) how m,uch would his stats go down?

The only difference should be the base stats of a Lord changing to the base stats of a Cavalier. Krom would get to keep all of his "personal stats" he's gained by leveling up, so he'll still have the stats of a level fifteen character, they'll just be slightly different than they were when he was a Lord.

In a sense. It's just the difference between the classes' base stats. You can play around with that here: http://serenesforest.net/fe13/classchange.html

To clarify, this is actually really common for the series. Only FE1, FE2, FE7, FE8, and FE10 determine promotion gains other ways, and the first two are still based on the class base stats.

Pretty good in my opinion. For once practically every 1st gen character can turn out usable from the get-go and the double system, class unique double bonuses, class kills and the fact very few units share the same base class allow different characters to perform their own roles without being completley overshadowed by another character or class. So for example Cullum is far more useful than Armoured Knights have been in the past due to the double feature.

Apart from Lunatic+ and Donny few characters will join in a situation where they'll unavoidably(through the double system or even without in cases) die in a single round to every single enemy on the map and even the late joining characters are pretty up to par.

Only things are that the Wi-Fi Features and grinding of course can diminish the challenge and Nosferatu and Inverse Darknesses Tomes make MU reclassed to Sorceror with a double partner a bit too survivable in the high difficulties.

Edited by arvilino

A few questions, again :

1) Is it easy to raise Weapon rank without arms scrolls and discipline ? How much WEXP do you gain per hit (or weapon) ?

2) Can you forge the same weapon twice ?

3) Can you use change seals ingame effectively without grinding ?

A few questions, again :

1) Is it easy to raise Weapon rank without arms scrolls and discipline ? How much WEXP do you gain per hit (or weapon) ?

2) Can you forge the same weapon twice ?

3) Can you use change seals ingame effectively without grinding ?

1) 1 WEXP for all weapons and it's per round of combat instead of hits, it's not too tough to raise them. It will get tougher later in the game if you're trying to raise a characters weapon rank from E though(Forges can help get around that since Bronzes are cheap to forge and have 50 uses). I think it's around 14 rounds of combat(not hits) for E->D rank.

2) Yes but you're always limited total of 8 increments in total of (1 might/5 hit/3crit)and with a maximum of 5 increases(5 might/25 hit/15 crit) for any one category for any one weapon. So multiple forges won't increase the maximum limits of how much you can increase the weapons statistics.

3) Yes, especially if a character is reclassing to a class that uses the same weapon type as they did before. Characters can be swapped to classes they have E-rank weapons in but for those it's best if they are reclasses as early as possible Velvet for example can be extremely good as a Dracoknight if you reclass her as soon as she reaches level 10.

Well, I just went through some of the class stats. (Impressive work Othin. That must have taken a while.)

Archers still have worse stats then Cavaliers without having the advantages of a mounted unit and probably still have way lower exp gains.

Viole even has a negative speed base.

Is it just me or are Archers still as bad as usual?

It depends. Viole is ineffective on the lower difficulty levels, but on Lunatic and especially Lunatic+, he really starts to shine, while many other characters, the Cavaliers in particular, become nearly worthless.

It also depends on other factors, though. I didn't actually use him in Lunatic, but on Lunatic+, I dipped into the treasure trove of Fame and SpotPass items, getting him exclusive access to a whole bunch of incredibly powerful bows. With the Lunatic+ skills around, his abilities as an Archer are extremely useful in the first place for getting around the skills, but the more powerful bows, especially the 2-3 range Longbow and Double Bow, make him even more effective.

On a more recent of Lunatic, I found without the spotpass and fame Bows Viole still a good unit to use even temporarily. Since he still gets exclusive access to the Steel Bow(Chapter 7), Holy bow(Chapter S3) and Killer Bow(Chapter 9) the last with his high skill and with Sariya's Crimson curse gets him very high Critical Rates.

His stats aren't that amazing(they probably could have been higher) but he's worth using for a bit, since due to his bow use even if he gets stat screwed by growths it's not as bad as characters that have weak 1-2 weapons or 1-range.

Does brady make a good dark knight/ battle monk / demon fighter etc

and can Mu pass down the strategist class to the other child?

Brady really isn't usable for combat at all unless you grind. If so, he can be effective, but so can anyone else.

And yes. Both children will gain access to Strategist, and all of MU's other options as well. Bonus characters also have Strategist; while a bit limited among ingame characters, it's actually not classified as a special class.

Edited by Othin

Yeah, Chapter 10 is easily one of the most beautiful and sad chapters in the history of the series. The map is fun, the music is phenomenal, and everything blends perfectly to create that tragic and beautifully sad ambiance.

Yeah, Chapter 10 is easily one of the most beautiful and sad chapters in the history of the series. The map is fun, the music is phenomenal, and everything blends perfectly to create that tragic and beautifully sad ambiance.

I wonder if it'll still be tragic for the people that have been spoiled and know what happens, such as myself. I hope so. I wouldn't want any of the emotional impact of the storyline to be lost because I like clicking spoiler buttons.

What kind of rating would you give the story, on a scale of 1-10?

Mindscrews/10. Mindscrews everywhere. It's an emotional roller coaster ride. And how much they took ambience into account, as in picking the map weather/atmosphere + music... it just makes the story that much more involving.

Another is probably because you're crafting the identity of MU yourself, that you'd get more attached to what is actually happening.

That's what it did for me.

So I'd give it an 8/10, simply because there's timeline shenanigans. And I hate those. And considering how much I hate those... that's a pretty high rating.

The dating sim S support aspect MIGHT also have something to do with the attachment rating.