Rate the Unit: Day 59 - Naesala

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac). And only hard mode!

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends when the next RTU thread is posted (at this point, it's hard to tell).

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" or "Gives you Bronze Sword" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise. I will not throw your vote out if I do not support your opinion. Possible reasons for a tossed vote include: your vote is higher/lower than the vast majority to "balance the score" and failure to justify a radically different score.

Averages:

LYRE!: 0.32

Fiona: 1.20

Meg: 1.34

Kyza: 1.53

Astrid: 2.10

Lethe: 2.21

Vika: 2.40

Leonardo: 2.53

Sanaki: 3.03

Lucia: 3.06

Danved: 3.11

Mist: 3.11

Rhys: 3.21

Tormod: 3.28

Rolf: 3.36

Brom: 3.56

Ilyana: 3.75

Makalov: 4.00

Nealuchi: 4.41

Tauroneo: 4.50

Geoffery: 4.50

Black Knight: 4.60

Sigrun: 4.71

Maurim: 4.72

Kieran: 4.82

Aran: 4.92

Laura: 5.13

Ranulf: 5.14

Heather: 5.29

Skrimir: 5.45

Soren: 5.45

Edward: 6.31

Tanith: 6.36

Micaiah: 6.50

Calill: 6.59

Boyd: 6.85

Mordecai: 7.17

Gatrie: 7.22

Marcia: 7.31

Zihark: 7.44

Nephenee: 7.74

Shinon: 7.90

Oscar: 8.11

Elincia: 8.21

Janaff: 8.28

Ulki: 8.32

Leanne: 8.38

Rafiel: 8.45

Mia: 8.45

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.87

Sothe: 8.93

Nailah: 9.00

Nolan: 9.06

Reyson: 9.07

Ike: 9.28

Titania: 9.76

Haar: 9.91

Haha Skrimir and Soren have the same exact score...

Edited by Starwave

Where the hell is your SS Strike, Naesala?I don't like Naesala, but he's fast, and has ok damage output with a good strength growth. Also yay formshift!

7/10 - .75 bias

6.25/10

Any royal is pretty OP, and good as he is for Ashera at the endgame. The only problem is, he might be one of the worst, but that doesn't stop him from destroying every lightly armored unit in sight, especially when he reaches SS strike. 7/10 with .5 bias for personality for 7.5/10

Pretty solid growths for a Laguz, really good growths for a Royal, pretty solid bases, flight, DAT THEME SONG, royal gauge, etc, etc.

But availibility and lack of a 1-2 range hurts, so yeah.

7/10 +1 bias

8/10

The least broken of the laguz lords....not that it means anything since Neasala is pretty good on his own right.

Great bases, good growths for a laguz and a 21% chance to activate tear.

S strikes hurts him a little bit, but he still kicks ass with it. Availability is more of an issue with him.

7.5+ 1 bias= 8.5

A royal. so frakin dodgy with good strength so he really saves you from the desert chapter. Helps out on the other levels too, and good fopr endgame, +formshift. 7.5-.5 for being a scoundrel, even though it was for huis country. 7/10

I love Naesala even if he is the weakest of the royals. He is excellent filler and formshift is an amazing trait for a laguz. He also gets his own special battle theme to prove his awesomeness. He has slightly better growth rates than other royals, but he is noticeably weaker than Tibarn or Caineghis because only has S strike at base. Too bad he joins so late, but he is definitely a failsafe. He, Skrimir, Tibarn, Giffca, and Caineghis are all great but have total availability failure.

6.5/10 cruise control or not, there aren't actually that many chapters left.

Naesala, everyone's favorite turncloak.

Pros:

:blink:

Mega Speed!!!!

Tear before level 30. (cheater)

Great bases.

Nice skill set.

Cons:

hmm...

uhh...

well...

Yeah i got nothin'.

Oh yeah, strike level isnt maxed.

Naesala is my favorite of the royals (aside from Nailah because wolfums) because hes not so ridiculously broken. He is pretty wrong but not to the point where hes all supercrow. Hes so fast that hes even dodging crossbows. Even if he takes a bolt to the beak, he'll survive it because mad HP and stuff. Hes got nice bases and a pretty cool skill set. Sadly, Vantage doesnt work the same way as it did in PoR, but oh well. Maelstrom kinda sucks (i miss Vortex), but he gets HIS MASTERY before hes even level 30! Wtf mate! I mean, i knew you were a sneaky bastage, Naesala but dayaumm...

I dont use royals much anyway because they are just too broken. Naesala is a bit different. I like using him, plus his personal theme song kicks arse. Hes one of the few units that can get a paired ending with a support. AND ITS ADORABLE!!!

7/10. 8/10 bias because he gets a lot of character development going and i just totally dig him.

He's a royal, and of course has awesome stats and doubles everything but... S strike? Seriously? Even with this flaw, he makes a good endgame character. 7.5/10

Lol do I look like Lucina. All votes fly under the starwave regiment.

... just kidding. Add a few lines explaining your vote and we'll be peachy (or just copy and paste someone else's vote that meets said criteria).

Naesala is a pretty good unit. He's nowhere near as broken in combat in like the other royals, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Naesala is a great combat unit with awesome stats and access to tear (well below the required level). His availability is ass, and he starts with S level strike, which is his major hindrance. He's pretty damn good in the Silver army chapters, so he'll be seeing a lot of use in optimal play during those 2 chapters. He's fairly good in endgame, despite leagues below Tibarn as an aerial unit(again, being flat out worse than characters belonging to the most broken group ever)

7.5/10

8/10 (7/10 plus bias). Highly useful in the Silver Army's two chapters and endgame, but S strike is his only real hindrance.