Choral Mafia V: Whispers of the World

riariadne

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please no more tactical modkills

yeah this. what's ethical here is probably different from on smogon but generally the mod puts a "if you're modkilled, you lose" rule in place for a reason. cops weren't designed with the ability to instantly flip themselves, killing yourself in the middle of the day via modkill is going outside of the mod's intended design for that game

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit: In response to Prims, I don't think what I did was "unethical" at all, I simply played the situation to my advantage. If people don't want this to happen, then the rule should be changed to something that harms the village's ability to win ie modkill another person or not reveal the role of the modkilled player. Not trying to come off as not caring here, but I'm just trying to say I don't believe I did anything wrong, but if anyone thinks I ruined the game I'm sorry.

just so i don't sound like an insensitive prick: I'm sorry if anyone finds what I did to be unethical or distasteful, and I'm sure many, if not all of you think that, so yeah I'm sorry. If anyone is really worked up about it, I probably won't be playing here that much anyways unless someone asks me so yea

Edited by Jalmont

Meh ... I dislike the idea of tactical modkills, and if somebody tried to pull that off in a game I was hosting, I'd probably just ban them from playing one of my games again.

again i'm sorry and i won't be playing here unless someone asks

modkilling another person really only works if the negatives outweight the positives

like if the only punishment for robbery was community service there would be more robberies because the risk is worth it. that's what happened there, the benefit outweighed the negative

but you did win :/

It's not about winning. It's about having fun, doing your best, and being able to contribute as much as you can to the game. It also sucks to be modkilled for something that was absolutely no fault of your own and was solely the actions of another person.

it also sucks to have planned something out for like a month and have it all get spoiled by someone who didn't follow the rules

yeah i know i was fucked anyway but