Super Smash Bros Universe Mafia

Kaoz

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SB:

I just made an assumption and tried to think of any it could make sense if she was telling the truth. I don't know how the priorities work.

This was in response to me, right? Can you try asking the hosts at least, if you visit as a watcher? :P

@Tables:

Proto: When I was subbed in, my action choices were already there for me. I'm just reporting the result. Honestly most of everything else I can't say much about, other than it'd be pretty stupid scum to fake a report like that on a teammate. Much more useful to fake a report on someone else.

Also, Watcher is generally much more useful as a protective role than an information one. If you're playing it to try and weed out scum, you're doing it wrong. Watch a clear player instead whose likely to be killed.

Uhh... Eclipse, what's the reason for your vote? To get me to post? I haven't seen anything of major note in posts, really.

Tables, thanks for ignoring me.

##Vote: Tables

(for being a little bit scummy, or rather, Imp was+ answer me -- post your flavor plz, thx)

@Marth:

The members of the mafia are organizeind enough to prevent their kill target from being changed though.

Wait, if you know this, why is my role scummy aga?

-------

Marth's likely Rolecop (can be proven if Prims is fine with it), but that's not indicative of alignment. not feeling it atm, but I can be convinced

And guys, let's not dwell over discussion on Proto, since something is obviously up with him, so let's just let him explain it whenever it's done.

So like, if Iris roleswaps players

The original targets are still targeted, but the targeter that shows would be different on watcher and tracker reports right? Basically that's what happens right? Otherwise I wouldn't have targeted Iris on N1.

What? Iris wasn't the one who made you target her, it was Shinori. Iris's roleswap ability is delayed, nobody could've been roleswapped N1 unless she's lying about that bit.

And also, Marth, if you know that you're not going to be able to be here constantly, why would you use a playstyle that exacerbates this? Why are you "strongly implying" things, instead of saying them outright?

The members of the mafia are organizeind enough to prevent their kill target from being changed though.

Wait, if you know this, why is my role scummy aga?

SFMM2 had a role with something almost identical to this, regarding the Mass Roleblock that happened on N1 (or was it N2). Remember? It blocked all the roles, but (because I was scum, I saw the RolePM), it said in it that Mafia would be immune to it. The RolePM wasn't posted, I'd have to dig around to find it, but the principal is in the fact that Mafia kill is immune to the effects of your role.

This reminds me so much of it, that I can't help but be suspicious of it being a scum role.

Like:

Shinori is targeting me. Blitz is targeting someone else. Iris uses roleswap.

Blitz uses redirect me while Shinori uses Blitz's action(which is passive in this case) on Blitz's target, amirite?

By strongly implying I meant my roleclaim part this phase. I dunno, I thought I had made it real obvious that I didn't need to outright say my role. As for the reaction test D1, I honestly wished Proto, you and Kay outright said it, but w/e.

k, elieson

What? Iris wasn't the one who made you target her, it was Shinori. Iris's roleswap ability is delayed, nobody could've been roleswapped N1 unless she's lying about that bit.

And also, Marth, if you know that you're not going to be able to be here constantly, why would you use a playstyle that exacerbates this? Why are you "strongly implying" things, instead of saying them outright?

BBM's right. Marth, if you had my role, this should make sense to you. ;/

I'm pretty sure my role works like this:

(1) I target Tracker and Watcher N1, their roles are switched for N2.

(2) Tracker tries to track someone, they get the watcher result instead on that person.

(3) Watcher tries to watch someone, but they get the tracker result instead.

[spoiler=The role that I'm referring to, from SFMM2]

Dear Proto,
Postgame will be up later this weekend.

You are Seven Deadly Sins, Mafia Bum.

sdspostgame.jpg

Any questions?

At night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Delaying update for USER." If USER is lynched the following day, the update will be put into indefinite hiatus, effectively causing the lynch to fail.

Additionally, at night, and only once, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Promising Itemafia postgame." You will promise everyone postgame is coming that night, and they will spend all night huddled at their computers waiting for it. However, it will never come, so they will spend all night there instead of out performing their night actions. Your scumbuddies will know that this is a sham and are thus immune to this ability.

Post Restriction: You don't actually play mafia on SF, or anywhere, for that matter, because in your own words, all mafia playerbases are terrible, everyone is beneath you and are plebians, so screw them. You should act uppity, smug and elitist wherever possible.

You are allied with the Mafia. You win if all threats to the mafia are removed.

Sounds like a Governer with a one-shot abilty to roleblock all non-Mafia members. Ooh, does this Governer have infinite uses?

Your scumbuddies will know that this is a sham and are thus immune to this ability.

Like:

Shinori is targeting me. Blitz is targeting someone else. Iris uses roleswap.

Blitz uses redirect me while Shinori uses Blitz's action(which is passive in this case) on Blitz's target, amirite?

By strongly implying I meant my roleclaim part this phase. I dunno, I thought I had made it real obvious that I didn't need to outright say my role. As for the reaction test D1, I honestly wished Proto, you and Kay outright said it, but w/e.

Wait, what? Sorry, not comprehending.

@elieson: difference is, my Role PM refers to them as 'members of the mafia' instead of 'your scumbuddies'.

But see, that role outright says that that person is scum. Iris's role just says that it can't swap the scumkill, which could be either mafia or town.

During the night, you may reply to your Role PM with "Night X - Heart Swap, USER1 and USER2". During the next night, USER1 will use USER2's role and vice-versa. You leave no trace and neither will realize that they have been switched until it's too late, if at all. The members of the mafia are organized enough to prevent their kill target from being changed though.

learn to read

You had my Role PM, too, should have noticed this. Well if you had, I would have hoped that you would have outed your results earlier, could have saved us some heartburn. ;/

The RolePM wasn't posted, I'd have to dig around to find it, but the principal is in the fact that Mafia kill is immune to the effects of your role.

Safeguard doesn't affect the kill either; is that always a scum role? Basically, if Iris is Town then her role might be OP or unbalanced if it could affect the kill. Not affecting the kill does not mean the role is scummy.

I think Iris is scum, but your arguments about that one line in her role PM don't make sense. Look at what she's done in the game, not just a small bit of her role PM.

Safeguard doesn't affect the kill either; is that always a scum role? Basically, if Iris is Town then her role might be OP or unbalanced if it could affect the kill. Not affecting the kill does not mean the role is scummy.

SG fails to block all kills. Iris's role doesn't cancel mafia kills. We had Nags as SK, and her role implies nothing of his ability to kill, nor that of a theoretical Vig. You could say her role is towm and it's lame that mafia can get around her role, or you could say she's scum, since her role ignores the presence of any other form of killing.

SG fails to block all kills. Iris's role doesn't cancel mafia kills. We had Nags as SK, and her role implies nothing of his ability to kill, nor that of a theoretical Vig. You could say her role is towm and it's lame that mafia can get around her role, or you could say she's scum, since her role ignores the presence of any other form of killing.

But, again, you aren't thinking about game balance. Roles that affect the nightkill are really good and strong for Town because the NK is the mafia's weapon. It's just like how a role that screws with the lynch is very strong for scum because the lynch is the Town's weapon. Iris' role swaps people's actions without the targets knowing about it at all, so it would be quite difficult to figure out what was going on unless she claimed. And with stages affecting stuff too, it's even more difficult. Being able to swap the kill with a Townie's action and get scum killed would be very, very strong.

In contrast, messing with the vig weakens the role as a Town role, and SK is always fighting an uphill battle anyway. Basically, if Iris was Town then allowing her role to affect the NK might be too unbalancing and make the game too Town-sided. Heck, if she's scum it could be unbalancing because she could swap the kill over to some Townie and get them caught by Watcher or Tracker. For EITHER alignment it would be really strong to affect the NK.

I'm not saying this makes her Town, obviously, but suspecting her based off the fact that her role doesn't affect the NK doesn't make sense to me. If you think Iris is scum, then how about her posts? Make some points about things other than one line of her role PM.

Votals

[5] Marth: Shinori, Prims, Manix, Elieson, BBM

[3] Tables: eclipse, Serious Bananas, Iris

[1] Blitz: Psych Shinori, Subieko, Prims, BBM

[1] Iris: Subieko, Elieson

[1] Proto: Proto

[1] BBM: Marth

[1] Elieson: Strawman

[0] Manix: eclipse

Voteless: Cap'n Flint, Tableskitty

Phase ends in 38 hours and 43 minutes. Remember to choose a stage for the night.

##Unvote

I actually like the points Proto has been making. Thing is, Prims has been calling for the vigging of the Bizz/Scorri playerslot since forever so they knew they were under threat of death for a long time. Also using it so early puts suspicion in the completely wrong direction. The points about using it with a tracker are interesting though. And honestly I agree that we should still be wary of Subieko.

And I'm not so sure on this whole Marth thing. I don't find him townish at all, but if we lynch the rolecop TWICE....Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Then again...that flavor sounds iffy to me too. Avenge the rolecop. I guess if Kay was nightkilled it would make sense for him to get revenge on the mafia but to me it sounds like it could be a mafia backup rolecop? I dunno, that seems a little too coincidental then. i'll agree I had the same thoughts as Prims that his pokemon claim came off as just trying to use the town cred that the pokemon claim was giving him. He really had no reason to claim when he did way on earlier. Psych's claim gave enough credibility to Proto's as it was.

@Iris: Yes it is plausible that marth could prove his role as role cop but what if he is just scum role cop? Or what if he is vanilla maf that when king dedede dies he gains role cop ability as scum. Possible? I think it is.

I guess if Kay was nightkilled it would make sense for him to get revenge on the mafia but to me it sounds like it could be a mafia backup rolecop?

Or he could be a mafia rolecop coming up with an explanation for his role. Also, notice that Marth's role is rather different from the other two claimed Vanillas--they get powerups based on visiting stages apparently, whereas Marth is claiming a Deputy or whatever cop backup is called. It's similar to the other two roles, but doesn't quite fit. Much like Piplup as the character, actually.