Anonymous Mafia - Game Over

Prims

oh yeah, here's something I forgot to post here

It is being ignored because it is clearly a joke.

##Unvote

##Vote: Sundown

Rolefishing. Lady Manix would not approve.

oh the irony

(this was before I subbed in)

Edited by Manix

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that this game is over, I can expand on one of my themes.

Emotion, in and of itself, is a null tell in forum games. Asshattery, anger, etc. are fairly easy to fake using word choice. What needs to be considered is what's behind the emotion - is there actual logic/thoughts there, or is it being used as a smoke screen? If there's someone who posts with lots of emotion, and has absolutely no contribution behind it, then I keep a closer eye on that person. Chances are, if that person really is scummy, there will be other things besides emotional bluster that you can latch on to.

I wouldn't find you creepy if you white-knighted for me, Paperblade. :wub:

I'm probably just a complete moron, but what exactly does "white knighting" mean?

I wouldn't find you creepy if you white-knighted for me, Paperblade. :wub:

<3

@Xin: white knights are guys that attempt to woo girls online, usually by being really nice to them and defending them from people who have anything bad to say about them

Edited by Paperblade

@Xin: white knights are guys that attempt to woo girls online, usually by being really nice to them and defending them from people who have anything bad to say about them

in theory. in practice it's just a buzzword you use when somebody calls you out on being creepy and/or a dick (regardless of whether the person you were being so towards is of the opposite sex or not)

Edited by Prims

yeah most words are like that

kind of like how "mary sue" means "character I don't like" (or how "bastard mod" means "game is poorly balanced")

Edited by Paperblade

in theory. in practice it's just a buzzword you use when somebody calls you out on being creepy and/or a dick (regardless of whether the person you were being so towards is of the opposite sex or not)

Oh, that makes sense. Got it. :P

You still owe me other fanfiction. Get on it.

*cracks whip*

I have a literal seven documents open and they are all half-finished SF stories.

<3

doesn't bizz have like 20 of these lol

stop cheating on haze :(

Now that this game is over, I can expand on one of my themes.

Emotion, in and of itself, is a null tell in forum games. Asshattery, anger, etc. are fairly easy to fake using word choice. What needs to be considered is what's behind the emotion - is there actual logic/thoughts there, or is it being used as a smoke screen? If there's someone who posts with lots of emotion, and has absolutely no contribution behind it, then I keep a closer eye on that person. Chances are, if that person really is scummy, there will be other things besides emotional bluster that you can latch on to.

But but! Emotional play is bad apparently and people get confused reads from it!

But but! Emotional play is bad apparently and people get confused reads from it!

For someone with your views, probably. If you can read through the emotion, it's not so bad.