7/26- Ike

I'm supposed to believe that FE7's character artist drew this travesty

I guess he reverted or something. Some of his post-FE stuff are pretty good but... he also drew FE6's stuff which, well...

Lance.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, the artwork doesn't bother me that much. Mostly because in the actual game, I'll be looking at his head(portrait) more than the entire body, and quite frankly I think the head itself looks just fine. But if I had to give a formal opinion on the whole piece...yeah he does look really skinny. Especially his arm.

That being said, however, we finally have Ike, and that's good enough for me. And is All stats +10 really the skill he comes with? I was really hoping for Nihil or Pavise or something awesome like that, but oh well.

And at least to me, his art doesn't really make him look like a hero unit. Could he be some kind of new class? Or am I just looking at things wrong?

Does the article say if this is the last DLC or not?

We don't need the article to tell us for us to know.

Now, more than ever, we can conclusively say: if they had anything else planned, we would have seen it by now.

Does the article say if this is the last DLC or not?

The text implies that it's the last one. ”クロムは、魔符と の最後の決戦に挑む。" That should translate to something like "Chrom challenges the talismans to the final decisive battle."

And at least to me, his art doesn't really make him look like a hero unit. Could he be some kind of new class? Or am I just looking at things wrong?

Actually it matches generic Hero pretty well so more likely than not he's a Hero.

...just a really skinny one.

I would assume he's exactly like Paris, who's a modified Hero.

Ikedlc.png

It's Ike time to shine!

http://www.nintendo....c/dlc_0726.html

Looks like a Hero, but without that gear neckpiece.

IKE WHAT HAPPENED WITH YOU, YOU BECAME SO THIN! DID YOU SUFFER FROM STARVATION WHILE ROAMING AROUND THE WORLD AIMLESSLY?

... Or maybe I'm just used with the buffed FE10 Ike. Meh. Any way, his armor looks like Iron Man's to me for some reason. >:

The rest is fine.

I guess he reverted or something. Some of his post-FE stuff are pretty good but... he also drew FE6's stuff which, well...

Lance.

Not a lot of FE6's character artwork really stood out or, as you point out, does the characters any justice anyways.

Wow, I had to stare at that pic for like 5 min to figure out how his sword was not an extension of his arm. Seriously they could have at least given the sword a hilt to help differentiate it. Oh well, at least the portrait on the card doesn't look that bad. Stats +10 is incredibly stupid, and I prefer Paris over Ike in almost every way but I'll probably end up buying the DLC anyways for a repeatable chapter with what I assume will be insane difficulty. I still have hope for another 5 star DLC with Eliwood or Sigurd tho!

His "sword arm" bothers me the most.

That too. I mean, even if his arm is almost unseeable because of his position, it shouldn't be that small.

... But as long as they fix the head, it's alright. I mean, the mugshot may be completely different from the head used in the artwork (talking about style).

Oh jeebus those legs. Despite the legs looking like there should be some foreshortened distance between them, the feet are both almost the same size, bringing out this weeeeird bothersome vibe through the whole picture. The lack of clarity in the sword hand and the position of the sword across the knee brings in just total mindf**kery. Good thing they only show his mug and shoulders in-game, because it looks fine if you crop off the whole bottom half of the picture. It doesn't really look like Ike, though. Just because he has some accessories and similar colours doesn't make it look "right". He's missing the spark that makes you go "Hey, that's Ike!"

....All stat caps.... +10? That's ridiculous.

I'll likely get this DLC because it offers something none other stages has: 50 enemies at level 20 with 5 skills. But I don't need anything to nullify the challenge, really.

The skill also suggests that there might be more difficult DLC out there. One of the arguments before was that in whichever one was the highest was that all the enemies had maxed stats and 5 skills so they couldn't get any harder.

That said, I'm not saying it's likely, just that there's the possibility of it.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Ike looks like a soul-less cyborg to me with that face and 'sword arm'. Also, I guess there's no easy-button Nihil in the game after all.

The text implies that it's the last one. "クロムは、魔符と の最後の決戦に挑む。" That should translate to something like "Chrom challenges the talismans to the final decisive battle."

That has me wondering. Is it final Decisive Battle or final and decisive battle? Because the first could mean just that there aren't any more sets to end, but leaves the possibility of an extra out-of-set map sometime.

Either way, now we have our 12+1 DLC characters and everything's finished up. ST aside (which was about the game progression), the sets' looks and time of day of the maps fit with with the pattern of who you're facing. LvD1 was during the dark/under rain because you faced villains, 2 was during the day because you faced good guys, and 3 is during the sunset because you face both sides.

I like the Ike's new artwork is pretty much ok.

I'm a bit confused...

Wasn't Paris meant to be the last DLC update?

Paris is the last SpotPass character.